And the Oscar goes to... Dick Poop!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B8npN5zCAAIc6JN.png

I was thinking about Leo (the actor, not Bono's son) and the fact that he has yet to take home an Oscar. Not surprising considering actors who do win are ones that played a memorable role. Leo has fallen into predictability when it comes to making movies. He makes good ones, but he's just Leo in every movie.

I'm glad he didn't win for the overhyped Wall Street role that consisted of 99% LET'S GET RICH bellowing.

Where the hell is everybody? You missed JK Simmons pull the surprise upset win of the century.

I think this thread is the clearest sign we've ever had to the decline of Interference. Damn this is depressing.

I think it's pretty obvious who, of the original song nominees, they expect might win. The three songs that weren't Everything is Awesome and Glory didn't get even CLOSE to this much of a budget.

Ugh, my heart. That was wonderful. All misty-eyed now. I love Julie Andrews.

Meanwhile, I automatically assumed that Desplat couldn't win because of the two nominees. Very happy he won :).

While I don't appreciate that this guy used Turing's life as a soapbox to decide why he killed himself, it was a fantastic screenplay, though totally off the mark historically. I'm glad it won, honestly.

Very happy to see The Grand Budapest Hotel and Whiplash win multiple awards.

Crushing to see Disney beat Ghibli two years running.

Non-cinematography awards for Birdman? Bollocks. At least the film was an original story, but chalk up another miss from the Academy. Last year must have been a fluke.

Back
Top Bottom