American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carrie's first big single was Jesus, Take the Wheel, in which a young mother driving late at night with her wee baby in the backseat is about to get her ass into a car accident.

Instead of slamming on the brakes, or swerving, she throws up her hands and yells "Jesus, take the wheel!"

Carrie's first big single was Jesus, Take the Wheel, in which a young mother driving late at night with her wee baby in the backseat is about to get her ass into a car accident.

Instead of slamming on the brakes, or swerving, she throws up her hands and yells "Jesus, take the wheel!"

Is that a joke?

Sadly, no.

I can't tell you what happens in the song after that, though. Does the young mother make it through? I was always too busy laughing my ass off to listen to the rest of the lyrics.

Sadly, no.

I can't tell you what happens in the song after that, though. Does the young mother make it through? I was always too busy laughing my ass off to listen to the rest of the lyrics.

She was driving last Friday on her way to Cincinnati
On a snow white Christmas Eve
Going home to see her Mama and her Daddy
With the baby in the backseat

Fifty miles to go and she was running low
On faith and gasoline
It'd been a long hard year

She had a lot on her mind and she didn't pay attention
She was going way too fast
Before she knew it she was spinning
On a thin black sheet of glass

She saw both their lives flash before her eyes
She didn't even have time to cry
She was so scared
She threw her hands up in the air

Jesus, take the wheel!
Take it from my hands
'Cause I can't do this on my own

I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
Save me from this road I'm on
Jesus, take the wheel...

It was still getting colder when she made it to the shoulder
And the car came to a stop
She cried when she saw that baby in the backseat
Sleeping like a rock

And for the first time in a long time
She bowed her head to pray
She said I'm sorry for the way
I've been living my life

I know I've got to change
So from now on tonight...

Jesus, take the wheel!
Take it from my hands
'Cause I can't do this on my own

I'm letting go
Give me one more chance
Save me from this road I'm on

Oh Jesus, take the wheel
Oh, I'm letting go

Jesus totally saves the day, and changes the young mother's life forever.

jesus-saves-and-makes-backups.jpg

JesusSavesSoccerSquare.jpg

Cue the haters...it looks like Miley is going to be the "mentor" for the contestants this week.

:lol::doh::lol::no:

Shouldn't one actually be able to sing to be a mentor? I mean really? Of course they did once have Jaimie Foxx mentor and I'm also pretty sure JLo did, so maybe this isn't unprecedented. Still, can you imagine this girl mentoring people older than she is?

Cue the haters...it looks like Miley is going to be the "mentor" for the contestants this week.

That's unfortunate.

Lest you lump me in whole-heartedly with the true haterz, let it be known that I do like "See You Again" and "Party In the USA."

... it's a sickness, I know.

I thought the mentor was Aguilera. Oh well. This is just beyond bad.

From Mjsbigblog

Miley Cyrus to mentor, Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato to perform…

A big thanks to my tipster, Studio57 for the heads up.

And, I suppose that in Aaron Kelly’s 16 year-old world, , Miley Cyrus has “so much experience.” Yikes.

Also, the mentors and guest stars are a custom-fit for Teen Idols week. So, why was the theme changed? And Miley freaking Cyrus mentoring people? WTF? She’s the big “surprise” mentor the kids were supposed to be excited about??? I’m sure she could teach Crystal Bowersox sooo much. *eyesroll*

ETA: OMG Speaking of Crystal Bowersox, look what she just tweeted! ” Look up “before the music dies. Incredible documentary.” Here’s the synopsis. Think Crystal is making a statement on her surprise mentor?

Miley Cyrus will appear as a guest mentor on AMERICAN IDOL and help the Top 11 finalists – Didi Benami, Crystal Bowersox, Lee Dewyze, Andrew Garcia, Casey James, Aaron Kelly, Michael Lynche, Siobhan Magnus, Paige Miles, Katie Stevens and Tim Urban – prepare for their performances on a Billboard No.1 Hits-themed show airing Tuesday, March 23 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

Tune in to the results show the following night, Wednesday, March 24 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), to see Cyrus perform her hit “When I Look At You,” watch Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato sing “Make A Wave,” and find out who receives enough votes to stay in the competition and who is sent home.

http://www.beforethemusicdies.com/

ETA: OMG Speaking of Crystal Bowersox, look what she just tweeted! ” Look up “before the music dies. Incredible documentary.” Here’s the synopsis. Think Crystal is making a statement on her surprise mentor?

No.

I'm gonna go with 'no' on that dumb question, too.

This will definitely be a show to DVR and fast-forward through almost everything.

Spoiler time :happy: Just for you cori :wink:
Lee DeWyze – “The Letter”
Tim Urban – “Crazy Little Thing Called Love”
Paige Miles – “Against All Odds”
Aaron Kelly – “I Don’t Wanna Miss a. Thing”
Crystal Bowersox – “Bobby McGee”
Michael Lynche – “When a Man Loves a Woman”
Andrew Garcia – “I Heard it Through the Grapevine”
Katie Stevens – “Big Girls Don’t Cry”
Didi Benami – “You’re No Good”
Casey James – “Power of Love”
Siobhan Magnus – “Superstition”

Yeah, I couldn't listen to Miley Cyrus and her voice of a 67 year old chain smoker for 2 hours, so I just DVR'ed it. I'll watch Crystal, Andrew, and Casey tomorrow. I really couldn't care less about the rest.

I gave it 5 minutes and I just can't do it. I think after never missing a show since it started, I might be done with Idol. :huh:

I don't care how predictable the choice was. Crystal is just stunning. I would buy an album of every song she's covered. Like Adam, I don't understand how she hasn't already been discovered.

Back
Top Bottom