American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no no no she's totally trying to be madonna because there's never been a solo female artist worth imitating otherwise.

Dude.. lol let it go :wink: But seriously, she had the eye paint thing like gaga, and then she left mid song to put on a big indian head dress? Really? Ugh. And her voice is shit.

Consider yourself lucky. I am trying to find the performance but its not anywhere yet.

This just showed up on the tweet section of google (weird is this new?)

Omg just caught a glimpse of Ke$ha on American Idol. I feel like she's trying to copy the amazing Lady Gaga.

A few things:

1) David Cook is supposed to be great? That was just not an enjoyable performance, at all. Wow. Am I alone with that thought?

2) So happy to see Lacey get the boot. Another great facial reacting from Tim tonight as well, god bless that dude.

3) What in the fuck is Ke$ha's appeal? That was horrid. For the first time this competition, I felt bad for contestants on the chopping block because they had to watch that fucking performance right before they found out if they were safe or had to perform. Yikes.

4) I still have a hard time imagining anyone other than Crystal or Siobahn winning this thing.

I fast forwarded thru the Lady Gaga wanna be, thank god. And most of the other female performer as well. As for David Cook, I liked it a lot :up:

I wonder what next week's theme will be :hmm:

ETA: according to mjsbigblog

Somebody from AINow.org just tweeted that next week the Top 11 Idols will be singing songs from Teen Idols.

Don’t ask me what that means, because I have no idea.

When I get more information, I’ll post it here.

PS: If this is really the theme, it’s a really stupid idea.

I fast forwarded thru the Lady Gaga wanna be, thank god. And most of the other female performer as well. As for David Cook, I liked it a lot :up:

I wonder what next week's theme will be :hmm:

ETA: according to mjsbigblog

Somebody from AINow.org just tweeted that next week the Top 11 Idols will be singing songs from Teen Idols.

Don’t ask me what that means, because I have no idea.

When I get more information, I’ll post it here.

PS: If this is really the theme, it’s a really stupid idea.

Eeew. Although, as long as early Beatles counts that might be ok. I feel for Crystal and Siobhan though as most "Teen Idol" music is horrid.

Knowing Idol, it'll probably be like Donny Osmond or something, sticking with their usual pattern of moaning to the performers "Be more modern! You're so old-fashioned" and then making them sing Rolling Stones songs and other oldies.

I liked him a lot on the show - seemed like a stand-up guy, good singer. I liked the single off his album, but honestly, he's pretty generic "mild rock with rough voice."

I didn't expect him to win the show and then come out with some killer album, but I enjoyed him on the show and was really happy he won - better him than bland little David Archuleta.

I didn't see him sing last night, and I'm okay with that.

I liked him a lot on the show - seemed like a stand-up guy, good singer. I liked the single off his album, but honestly, he's pretty generic "mild rock with rough voice."

I didn't expect him to win the show and then come out with some killer album, but I enjoyed him on the show and was really happy he won - better him than bland little David Archuleta.

I didn't see him sing last night, and I'm okay with that.

Cool, thanks.

I ask just because I not only have never watched the show, but have only heard songs from Clarkson and Hudson, no clue who anyone else is or what they've recorded, etc. I'd heard Cook talked up and expected someone really good and instead he was very very generic and bland.

I will avoid making the tasteless comment I have in my head about U2isthebest's post above yours and I will answer your question, NSW, even though it wasn't addressed to me.

A few people on here might recall that I hated David Cook with a burning passion two seasons ago when he was actually on the show. My hatred has waned, because it seems like he's a good guy, but I still don't care for his music whatsoever.

That Before He Cheats song was eeeeeeverywhere when it was huge.

Other than that, yeah, you wouldn't have heard her if you're not a country music fan.

I will avoid making the tasteless comment I have in my head about U2isthebest's post above yours and I will answer your question, NSW, even though it wasn't addressed to me.

A few people on here might recall that I hated David Cook with a burning passion two seasons ago when he was actually on the show. My hatred has waned, because it seems like he's a good guy, but I still don't care for his music whatsoever.

I actually asked the entire thread earlier but only Lila replied. Of course I want to hear your thoughts, too, that goes without saying, Hawk Jr.

Thanks for the reply, and, he definitely seemed like a nice guy from the little banter he had with Seacrest, I'd not argue against that.

That Before He Cheats song was eeeeeeverywhere when it was huge.

Other than that, yeah, you wouldn't have heard her if you're not a country music fan.

I don't listen to radio, ever. I go with my Ipod or CDs only. When I listen to new music, it's because I've read about it on this site or had friends recommend artists to me. I rarely listen to anything from the world of pop anymore since, for me, it's become a total wasteland of mediocrity. And, not a country fan, no, though I do like some Bluegrass, believe it or not.

David Cook doesnt do a whole lot for me and I thought his performance last nite was 'ok' nothing special.

I like David Cook as a person. He's an incredibly genuine guy, and I do think he's talented. I really enjoyed him on the show. He had some amazing performances. I'm not a fan of his post-Idol work, however.

And, Mike, you're not missing much on Carrie Underwood, just generic pop/country crap.

David Cook doesnt do a whole lot for me and I thought his performance last nite was 'ok' nothing special.

I like David Cook as a person. He's an incredibly genuine guy, and I do think he's talented. I really enjoyed him on the show. He had some amazing performances. I'm not a fan of his post-Idol work, however.

And, Mike, you're not missing much on Carrie Underwood, just generic pop/country crap.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Not addressed to me, but I know David Cook is generic rock but his personality is so endearing that I can't help but like him. I also do like his voice and hey his music while not earthshatteringly original isn't bad to listen to.

I forgot about the Dodger fan, sorry. It'll never happen again. Forgive me? :)

Fair enough reply. I guess my expectation level needs to be modified. That's more the issue than the actual performers.

You've never heard anything by Carrie Underwood?

Besides her singing the National Anthem at some games? No.

jesus-take-the-wheel-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom