American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tim Urban and Lee Dewyze need to leave...yesterday. Crystal is amazing. That is all. She's brilliant. If she doesn't win, there's something wrong. She has more talent in her pinky than a lot of current top 40 acts have in their entire body.

I heard her for the first time tonight and I am sorry but I thought she was awful.

No need to apologize. It was a strange performance, but it was the good kind of strange...for me at least. The last 20 seconds or so were insane. None of the other 11 left would even attempt to hit something like that, let alone make it work.

Anyway, other than that, there was some good and some bad. Crystal was good, again. I thought Katie did very well, my favorite perf of hers so far. Casey was pretty good and I loved Ellen's joke in her judge's comment about him. I liked what DiDi did with the chorus of "Play With Fire."

Tim Urban was hilarious again. He doesn't always sound terrible, but the guy just has no idea what he's doing on the show. And I take offense with Simon saying "Under My Thumb" is a boring song to begin with. I think it's one of the Stones best pop moments, but whatever.

Lacey and Paige were ho hum.

All things considered, though, Andrew's was my least favorite of the night. It's not entirely his fault, I just think that not very many people should even attempt to sing Gimme Shelter. It takes a certain something, and he ain't got it. It's one of the greatest rock songs of all-time, and most people covering it are just going to come off flat. Poor choice for him.

i think tim urban and Paige need to go home this week. I am bummed at Andrew's performance tonite, he could of nailed that song. I hope he stays because I think he has a ton of potential. I thought Crystal's performance was great and she sure shows she is a more polished musician/singer then anyone in that group IMO

For some reason, DialIdol hasn't been working this season. I mean, I don't trust the site completely (they've been wrong many times in the past) but I've kinda become accustomed to checking out their "predictions" after performance nights. Hopefully they get that shit straightened out.

Ugh, Lacey and her "I sing in a forced quirky little girl voice but I look like a rocker chick, I'm such a contradiction!!!" voice need to GTFO.

So that happened. From best to Andrew/Tim.

Crystal- Yeah totally in her wheelhouse and she nailed it. She was the only one who had any soul.

Siobhan- The only thing holding this back from being mind blowingly awesome was her pitch problems. I still love her.

Big gaping chasm.

Eh Didi- Nice arrangement worked well with her voice.

Michael- He's likable and at least has some stage presence.

Casey- That song worked well with his voice. He's also easy on the eyes.

Lee- Or as I call him "Poor Man's David Cook", middling song choice, he has a pleasant voice when he doesn't push it but still his stage presence needs work.

Paige- Not horrible. I finally heard potential in her voice but still she's very forgettable.

Lacey- I kinda like her voice, but she still has pitch issues. Otherwise forgettable.

Aaron- Oh. Hell. No. He has a nice enough voice, but Angie should never sound like a bad boy band cover.

Katie- No. I should have known she'd make a song sound like it should be on adult easy listening. Makes me sadder to know she beat out Lilly and Katelyn.

Andrew- Bad, bad song choice. Kara was right, he had no feeling behind that and wasn't on pitch. Way to ruin my favorite Stones song.

Tim- Why did he make that sound like a bad reggae-lite song? Why?

Crystal's worst performance of the competition by far, and she was still top 2 or 3 tonight. She's one talented girl. I loved Siobahn's performance, easily the best of the night for me. On an mp3, not sure, but watching the performance was thoroughly enjoyable for me.

The guys are so freaking meh. I keep waiting for Andrew to knock it out of the park but it still hasn't happened. But I guess Casey is my favorite of that bunch with Michael just after him. Lee is like a clenched fist up there.

Didi was at least interesting tonight.

Lacey makes me sick, and Tim is unintentional comedy at its finest.

I liked Casey, I really liked what he did with the song. Andrew was ok, but I would've preferred him to pick a different song. I kind of would've enjoyed hearing him do "Sway", but I doubt the average Idol viewer would know that song. I kinda got a glimpse last week of why everyone raves over Siobahn. But it was gone as quickly as it came. She does nothing for me. I find her boring and incredibly overrated. Crystal just needs to win now.

Are you going to survive if when Crystal is inevitably voted off before the finals?

Because this is American Idol. You know that shit is going to happen. She'll either have backlash from the pimping, or her fans will assume she's safe and not vote, or she'll just get squashed over the bazillion votes for other people who are panicked that their favorite is going home.

I might have to ignore this thread when that happens, to spare myself from the ranting and meltdowns.

;)

^To be honest, I'll probably stop watching. I'm so bored with this season I honestly don't care enough. I like Andrew and Casey too, but I don't think even they could hold my interest all the way through with no Crystal.

I hope Tim Urban stays safe this week, for a number of reasons. He has no right sticking around, so it would be funny purely for that. We'd get to see that crazed, shocked look on his face...again. People would be up in arms. And we'll get to see another train wreck performance next week. Lacey or Paige can go home tonight. Let's keep Timmy around a little while longer. It'll make things all the more fun and funny.

I hope Tim Urban stays safe this week, for a number of reasons. He has no right sticking around, so it would be funny purely for that. We'd get to see that crazed, shocked look on his face...again. People would be up in arms. And we'll get to see another train wreck performance next week. Lacey or Paige can go home tonight. Let's keep Timmy around a little while longer. It'll make things all the more fun and funny.

It's hard to argue with this.

Well, that's who Vote the Worst is promoting, so he should be sticking around another few weeks.

he's this season's sanjaya.. :D

from mjsbigblog...

The judges save is on! The judges will have the option of saving the eliminated contestant, up until week 5. Should make for some good TV.

David Cook takes the stage to sing “Jumpin Jack Flash” and, he rocks his face off. Wow. This is frickin’ awesome. Ryan chats with David afterward. David is very excited for his next record to come out. He’s busy working on it. David will be going to Africa for Idol Gives Back.

I've watched AI every season, but never watch the results show. I just wait for the spoilers from the East Coast.

BTW the studio versions are up on iTunes. I may have downloaded Siobhan's and Crystal's :shifty:

Was Crystal's iTunes version better than her live one? It seemed to be lacking some ooomph last night. Needs more oooooomph!!! :)

For cori :lol: I would have been happier if one of the other two had gone. C'est la vie!

Are you going to survive if when Crystal is inevitably voted off before the finals?

Because this is American Idol. You know that shit is going to happen. She'll either have backlash from the pimping, or her fans will assume she's safe and not vote, or she'll just get squashed over the bazillion votes for other people who are panicked that their favorite is going home.

I might have to ignore this thread when that happens, to spare myself from the ranting and meltdowns.

;)

I have no problem with her not winning. She's just as likely to be huge if she doesn't win as if she does. I just want her to stick around because I'm always interested in what she's going to do next and I just flat out enjoy her performances. Regardless of the outcome, I'm hoping she'll do a live show here in the Columbus area when it's all over. I'd go.

TIME magazine had a little piece on her. Winning or losing already doesn't matter as far as she's concerned.

That said, I think I would have liked to hear her do Gimme Shelter rather than You Can't Always Get What You Want even though the latter is my favorite Stones song.

It irks me that I'll have to listen to Paige and that little boy--Aaron is it?-- again next week.

And how exactly is Tim Urban's reggae "styling" making the song "his own"?

Was Crystal's iTunes version better than her live one? It seemed to be lacking some ooomph last night. Needs more oooooomph!!!

I enjoyed it. Her voice records well but it's the same arrangement, very Melissa Etheridge. Siobhan's is beautiful. Her voice is so pure and the pitch problems from the live show are gone.

So, David Cook is on right now just pwning the stage. The idolettes had better be taking notes. Thankfully he performed at the top of the show so I can now turn my attention elsewhere cause I really am not a Kesha fan.

Ok that Lady Gaga wannabe Ke$ha chick makes me want to throw shit at my TV.

Back
Top Bottom