American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The guys arent doing much for me. Michael was cool, but something about his ego or over confidence bothers me. I like the last guys voice, Lea I think his name is. I could see him doing a Pearl Jam song. :hmm:

Well, it was a lot better than last week, but the boys are still a bit meh. Although at least they weren't completely awful.

Lee was the best of the night. You're right Sicy, he could rock some Pearl Jam, and they've cleared it before. He still has some pitch problems when he tries to belt but better than last week. Still liking Casey and Andrew. Casey has some guitar chops, but Randy he's not Hendrix. :doh: I also liked Big Mike and Andrew. Alex was a lot better, he looked much more comfortable on the stage.

Bad, Todrick was not good. Aaron is just not my type and the pitch was all over the place. Tim, who I fear will be around for a while because of the tween vote, still has pitch problems. He was better this week though and should NEVER ever try to sing falsetto again.

I'm sorry, I don't get the Lee hype. His voice is god-awful. I can't even be in the room when he's singing.:down: Casey and Andrew are by far the best, even though Casey's voice wasn't perfect last night. I'd rather have someone play like he did and mean it, though. He's even sexier with an electric guitar. This is the worst top 24 ever. Other than Andrew, Casey, Crystal, and Lilly, none of them are really good enough to be there. Maybe I've just been spoiled by last year and Season 7 which were by far the best (especially last year), but I'm bored this year. And as much as I love Ellen, I miss Paula.

I don't like Lee, either. Yeah, he sounds like he could be on the radio today. ..... I don't see that as a particularly good thing. That kind of voice is becoming very cookie-cutter and boring.

I haven't been following AI this season, but I saw a bit from last night. Is there a reason why they put the guys in one group and girls in another?

My guess is because AI voters are mostly girls, and so the girl contestants in the previous seasons have always been voted off earlier than the guy contestants. But that's just my guess...

They've done it this way many of the seasons - top 24 consists of 12 guys and 12 girls, they have them on separate nights to winnow them down to 6 guys and 6 girls for the top 12, when they're all thrown together into one performance night.

I think so? They've tried a few different things throughout the year, but I think most years it's been the 12 guys and 12 girls thing.

Ah, I was wondering, since he said they knew she had a condition from the start. That would indeed suck.

Apparently Crystal performs tonight, and she starts off the show with
Crystal Bowersox – “As Long As I See The Light” by Creedence Clearwater

More spoilers:
Haeley Vaughn – “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus
Lacey Brown – “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None the Richer
Katie Stevens – “Put Your Records On” by Corinne Bailey Rae

More spoilers for those of us on the west coast:

Didi Benami – “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers
Michelle Delamore – “With Arms Wide Open” by Creed

:yikes: at that last spoiler. DO NOT WANT.

I think I'll be DVRing and watching on fast-forward, even though I'll be around tonight.

Lilly Scott – “A Change is Gonna Come” by Sam Cooke
Katelyn Epperly – “The Scientist” by Coldplay

Yeah, I like watching the show on the DVR. I can come in at 8:30-9:00 and catch all the performances and be done at the same time the show actually ends :happy:

I don't really care whether she wins or not. . .I just want Crystal to stay on long enough to pick up a recording contract. After all, winning isn't everything--just ask Reuben Stoddard and. . .what was the name of the guy that won last year? Or for that matter ask Jennifer Hudson and Adam Lambert.

A lot of these contestants, especially the boys, are awfully young and could do with a little more experience in performing.

Crystal was great on the CCR song. I just adore her and the intro package really showed her adorable personality. She's got a great Janis vibe going.

I love the tone of Siobhan's voice. It's just so beautiful. Her personality is so quirky cute, she's in my top 3.

Lilly has such a distinctive voice. I loved her phrasing. My only complaint was the lack of soul in that song, but she sang it beautifully.

I like Katelyn's voice but hated her arrangement of "The Scientist" she shouldn't have slowed it down.

The rest were meh or worse. Haeley was all over the place again. Lacey was ok. Katie made that song seem old, she's like the female version of John Stevens. Didi was OK but a bit pitchy. Why would anyone pick to sing Creed? That girl shouldn't have picked that song. I totally forgot who Paige was and she wasn't good tonight, she should step away from the Kelly Clarkson.

I have pretty much the same thoughts as you trojanchick. I really like Katelyn's voice and Siobhan's voice. And I like Lilly but I'm really just having a problem getting past her look. I know its not really about looks but I cant stand the white hair. She looks like a zombie.

Katelyn FTW! She messed around a bit with the verses of the song, but when it got to the chorus..."Nobody said it was easy..." she killed it. She's pretty easily my favorite this year. I do like Crystal B.Sox a lot, too. And I thought "The Climb" was a great choice for Haeley (baller song) but, as Kara said, her voice seems inconsistent. One note she sounds smooth and right on line, and the next it's way off. And poor Katie Stevens, they tell her to pick a younger, more fun song, and she goes and picks that lame "three birds sat on my window" crap that a dozen girls on Idol have sung the last couple years. Bad, bad song choice.

Oh, and my fucking DVR cut out on Siobhan's performance so I don't know if she was any good. Might have to find that on the YouTubes or somethin.

Yeah, find it on YouTube - she did 'Think' by Aretha Franklin. And hit a really big note there! :up:

I agree with most everything you guys have said. Katelyn slowed down that song too much, but I think she still sang it well. Still my faves are Crystal, Lilly, Siobhan,... I like Katie, but the songs she's picking aren't the best. And liked Katelyn more than I expected to tonight.

I caught DiDi's performance last night before watching a DVD, and I just have to say that if I never hear Lean On Me again, in any form, it will be way too fucking soon.

God, I hate that song. I can't believe she chose it. There's nothing interesting you CAN do with it. Barf.

I had never seen a single episode of this show until this year. My ex-gf got me watching during the early episodes and now I'm going to see it through.

My thoughts are that I'm surprised at just how few singers are any good. At this point, I can count on one hand the singers I'd actually enjoy listening to week after week, and they're all females.

Crystal, Lilly and Siobahn are easily the best of the bunch, for both genders, in my opinion. After that, there's a huge gap for me.

But, again, I'm really stunned at how sloppy and, well, dull some of these finalists are.

I'll keep watching and I hope the three I like keep advancing.

It's too bad this is the season you've started watching because past seasons have had WAY better contestants at this point. I'm really surprised that out of all those thousands of people they ended up with this bunch.

It's so weird - I'll really like someone from the Hollywood rounds, think they sound great, like their style ... and then they get to these rounds, and I am so incredibly bored.

One guy is out so far, 4 are safe:

Safe:

Tim Urban
Michael Lynche
Casey James
Todrick Hall

Eliminated

John Park

Back
Top Bottom