American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So was everyone happy that Mary got booted after bragging about how she was essentially a shoo-in? I know I was.

:yes:

Oh, and I wonder how many people performed 'Man In The Mirror'. Wasn't there a lot of John Mayer too?

-Ratings Breakdown:
Not even the Vancouver Olympic Winter Games could stop the American Idol juggernaut, with Idol-ignited Fox outdelivering NBC by 3.23 million viewers and 3.7 rating points among adults 18-49. Tied for the distant No. 3 spot were ABC and CBS.

A two-hour edition of Fox’s American Idol, which unveiled seven of the 24 semifinalists, averaged 23.64 million viewers and a 9.1 rating/22 share among adults 18-49 from 8-10 p.m.,

Oh man, that was rough when Thaddeus got cut. He was hurtin. I think this is going to be a fun season. The show, for me, finally gets started next Tuesday. Was very happy to see Crystal Bowersox (she's got legitimate skillz) and Haeley Vaughn make it. As well as Janell Wheeler who, even though she butchered Tay's "Love Story" in her final audition, is very cute.

All my favorites made it. Although, I'm extremely disappointed that Haley Vaughn and Janell made it over Angela Martin. Both of the former 2 have voices and personalities that grate on me. I hope they're out soon.

I'm just now watching Tuesday's show.

I'm really surprised no other contestant has argued, pleaded and begged after being told "no." I can certainly understand the reaction, but WOW, was she obnoxious.

I was saddened by the elimination of Shelby, the girl with the partially paralyzed face. She seems nice, and took the bad news very well.

I missed her backstory, so I didn't know about that. Watching her, I couldn't figure out what was going on with her mouth - it was really bothering me! Now of course I feel bad. I thought her singing was just okay (although nice to see a gal who did well with low notes, like at the beginning of that Boston song), but she was really pretty.

..... was that just Radiohead's "No Surprises" playing over a montage of people getting the boot?

:crack:

So it looks like there might be a DQ that isn't Big Mike. Chris Golightly was shown advancing but during the final dance montage it was Tim Urban. Apparently Golightly had a prior contract, which is weird because like that has stopped anyone yet. Should be interesting.

I'm late but I am surprised that one young kid made it, what with all the lyrics he forgot and such.

I was surprised by a few getting cut - felt bad for Thaddeus & Angela, especially after the latter has tried 3 times before (technically 2).

I felt really bad for Thadeus, is the kid 16?

They told him he didn't do anything wrong, I am sure he is thinking something like what more can he do.

Yeah - I believe he was. He has time to come back and try again. It seems odd when you see them focus so much on someone's journey and they don't get through and then there seems to be others that we don't know much about and they make the top 24. :shrug:

I'm not gonna lie - that Casey guy is amazingly cute. I hope I actually still like him once he has to sing disco instead of doing his bluesy thing with the guitar.

I'm not gonna lie - that Casey guy is amazingly cute. I hope I actually still like him once he has to sing disco instead of doing his bluesy thing with the guitar.

He is so hot.:combust: And I love his style, musically. Very genuine. I feel the same way about Crystal, Andrew, Todrick (also hot :drool: ), and Lilly. I hope they all do well.

So, Big Mike. The latest gossip I'm hearing is that he WASN'T disqualified, that he hasn't spoken to his dad in years, and his dad was just parroting what he'd read on some website. We shall see!

Also, that guy with the Justin Guarini hair was disqualified, something about how he had a contract with some other company. Apparently he was shown making it through, and then replaced by some other guy (Tim Urban, I think?) doing the little Dance of The Top 24.

AS TEH DRAMA TURNZ.

Yeah, it's Chris Golightly. I remember him for the Sideshow Mel hair and the sob story that Katy Perry compared to a Lifetime Movie.

According to Sideshow Chris, he had a contract until June '09 then auditioned in July and answered no to a question about contracts. Then his supposed manager contacted AI, they got suspicious and asked to see the documentation his contract was over. Chris couldn't find it, they DQ'd him then he did find it and they still DQ'd him. The official story now, is that he lied on the application.

Sounds pretty sketchy on AI's side, but you never know.

Oh and AI got beat in the ratings by the Olympics. Not surprising considering it was the Shaun and Lindsey show last night with awesome cameo by Shani Davis. Heck I TiFauxed it.

I think Thaddius should have been a top 24 instead of that Tim guy that replaced Golightly and Angela Martin should have been top 24 instead of that Sioban Magnus???

Casey James to win :cute:

But, still boring with no Adam. :sad:

So, Big Mike. The latest gossip I'm hearing is that he WASN'T disqualified, that he hasn't spoken to his dad in years, and his dad was just parroting what he'd read on some website. We shall see!

Also, that guy with the Justin Guarini hair was disqualified, something about how he had a contract with some other company. Apparently he was shown making it through, and then replaced by some other guy (Tim Urban, I think?) doing the little Dance of The Top 24.

AS TEH DRAMA TURNZ.

yeah you are right big mike is in I tweeted mjsbigblog and they confirmed it. they said it was purely rumor

Lilly and Crystal were definitely the best tonight. The rest don't even compare. They could all go home tomorrow for all I care. Lilly is brilliant. She chooses an obscure Beatles song like "Fixin' A Hole" and knocks it out of the park. Like the judges said, she's very real. There's nothing presumptuous about her. She's a genuine artist and musician, and I love that about her. Her voice is so unique. She's awesome. Crystal blows me away every week. If she put out an album tomorrow, I'd buy it. Her voice is so genuine and raw. I don't know what Simon was smoking tonight. If I could go to any subway station or coffee house and hear that, I'd be happy. Yes, it wasn't a drastic change from the Alanis' version of "Hand In My Pocket", musically, but vocally she's very different. She reminds me of Adam in that she just doesn't give a crap about being appealing to popular tastes. She's just insanely talented, and that's what makes people like her. I would love to see Haeley and Didi gone tomorrow the most. However, I wouldn't mind Lacey, Ashley, or Janell being gone either. I also didn't like that girl Siobahn's performance of "Wicked Game". That's one of my favorite songs, and while I respect that she didn't do a carbon copy of the original, it just wasn't good. I liked that girl Katie's voice a lot, but she really shouldn't have picked "Feelin' Good" after Adam rocked Muse's version last year. There should be a general rule that nobody does songs that Adam performed because they'll pale in comparison.:lol:

I'm still midway in but I like Ashley. The judges didnt though so I guess I officially know shit about singing. :lol:

I also really want to give Lilly a makeover. She sounds great but I think she would look so much better with brown hair. The white makes her look older than she is.

Back
Top Bottom