American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
truly ^ he looked like a deer in the headlights! thankfully, they did not waste too much air time on him

I liked Doogie, although as usual, I agreed with Simon whenever they butted heads, especially on that jazzy chick they all went gaga over. I'm ready for Ellen now. Do we finally get Ellen next week?

Next week is the last of the auditions. Ellen's first show is in Hollywood Week, which starts on February 9th.

I loved hearing someone sing a Girls Aloud song at their audition! I thought she was good.

Was underwhelmed by the rawk chick singer from Seattle - I am so over the dime-a-dozen husky-voiced bar singers.

I loved hearing someone sing a Girls Aloud song at their audition! I thought she was good.

Yes!

I just now got around to watching my recording of this and came in here to rave about the same thing. So crazy. I'm shocked, really. I think that's the first time I've ever heard Girls Aloud even mentioned on American TV. Nobody in America knows who they are. The girl said she had just flown in from Europe or something, though, so that makes sense. She probably lived across the pond and was exposed to them over there. Also, an interesting choice of song. Something Kinda Ooooh is one of their most clubby dance tracks, and not an obvious choice for a vocal audition.

Nicci Nix! I'm definitely rooting for her in the Hollywood rounds.

:bump:

Anybody else watching? Some good auditions in Hollywood last night. How about the guy who covered 'Straight Up' (Paula Abdul), and that last girl. Was surprised that a few choked, oh well! :happy:

:bump:

Anybody else watching? Some good auditions in Hollywood last night. How about the guy who covered 'Straight Up' (Paula Abdul), and that last girl. Was surprised that a few choked, oh well! :happy:

YES! That guy who did the acoustic "Straight Up" did a really good job. I loved his version. I also loved that girl who sang "Natural Woman" Her voice is amazing and so powerful, but not in a glory note kind of way. I also liked that girl who looked like she had gray hair who sang Etta James. Her voice was really unique.

I thought the girl (Lily?) with the silvery hair and the guitar, singing Ella Fitzgerald was AMAZING. Also the guy who played Paula Abdul, and the girl with the guitar who sang Aretha Franklin.

Also keeping my eye on the 16 year old with the guitar that sang some song with "Hallelujah" being repeated. She wasn't as good as she was in her first audition, but she's amazing for a 16 year old.

I thought the girl (Lily?) with the silvery hair and the guitar, singing Ella Fitzgerald was AMAZING. Also the guy who played Paula Abdul, and the girl with the guitar who sang Aretha Franklin.

Also keeping my eye on the 16 year old with the guitar that sang some song with "Hallelujah" being repeated. She wasn't as good as she was in her first audition, but she's amazing for a 16 year old.

Yep, those are the ones.

really liked these as well. :up: think we are in for a pretty good season as far as talent goes..

I was pleasantly surprised about last night. The guys were pretty weak. The exception, Andrew Garcia's performance of Straight Up was great, took a page from the Kris Allen playbook and it totally worked for him. I think this year the Idol folks want a girl to win because there were a ton of really good ones. I though Crystal Bowersox's Natural Woman was great. I think Haeley Vaughn is just adorable, she's got a Taylor Swift vibe going and yet for some reason I still like her.

Lastly, Ellen rocked as a judge. She paid attention, was funny and gave good criticism. What a concept! I'm now officially excited for this season.

Absolutely. And thanks for posting the names of the people we liked trojanchick.

Info about a contestant from last night....
I believe the guy whose wife was in labor and played guitar and was really good - he was the one whose father spilled to the media & was probably cut :(

Yeah, I recognized his name when they called him "Big Mike." Should be interesting to see what happens. Surprised they even left him in the show last night, if he's really been dropped.

I'm guessing that it was already filmed and they let it go??? I dunno - I guess it depends upon when it was leaked. And so big deal. The guy's got talent and he didn't spoil anything, it was a relative. And the press was probably hounding all the top contestants families to find out information, no? I don't know, I feel bad since he had a good voice and his wife was in labor while he was there. I'm a sap. Rules schmoolz

For what it's worth, it's possible he wasn't cut. One of the big spoiler sites JoesPlace is saying he's still in. Hopefully they are right.

Honestly, I'm including the names so I can begin to remember who they are, in case they make the top 24. There was one more performance I really liked, Jannelle Wheeler, who did American Boy.

I'm excited for group night tonight. I love the drama it brings.

Also keeping my eye on the 16 year old with the guitar that sang some song with "Hallelujah" being repeated.

That was Tay Swift's "Change"

One of my favorite songs to come out in the last couple years. And, yeah, it's early but she's got a chance to do very well. Randy said it when she first auditioned, about how there aren't any black country stars. She could maybe break open a new market. Kinda like how Tiger Woods brought black kids to golf. Haeley Vaughn is going to be the Tiger Woods of modern country music. Minus the banging cocktail waitresses thing.

The dude who did the acoustic "Straight Up" seemed to be the most naturally gifted of the people they showed last night. I'll be surprised if he doesn't make the Top 24, at least.

And Ellen was fantastic.

Yeah, I recognized his name when they called him "Big Mike." Should be interesting to see what happens. Surprised they even left him in the show last night, if he's really been dropped.

its because we haven't made it to the top 25 yet I think that's about when he got cut because his father told the media he made the top 25

Back
Top Bottom