American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

:shocked: No kidding. Hell, I'd be a judge for that kind of pay.

I'll probably check out the first episode of the new season when the new judges officially start their job out of curiosity, see how the whole thing gels, but whether or not I continue watching from there on out, I don't know. I really don't see where they think doing this is going to help their show.

Angela

If this is true, no way will she allow that to happen

Jennifer Lopez’s first hubby, former waiter Ojani Noa, is planning to show up at J.Lo’s new job. Noa’s manager (yes, he has a manager) said Ojani “will be in line at the Forum (in Los Angeles) on Sept. 22 to try out for ‘American Idol’ in front of his ex-wife,” new judge Lopez. And, get this, Ojani plans to audition with one of his ex-wife’s hit songs. The duo was married for a few months back in 1997. Lopez recently signed a $12 million dollar contract to take a seat behind the judges’ table.

So yeah, its official.

RyanSeacrest It's official: your new #IdolJudges panel is @yo_randyjackson, @JLo & Steven Tyler! RT!

:crack:

Oh, boy. This'll be a trainwreck of potentially epic proportions. I'm trying to imagine Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler attempting to debate contestants' talents, and...eh, yeah. That'll be interesting.

I feel kinda bad for Randy. Everyone's leaving him behind to deal with this.

Angela

I'm trying to imagine Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler attempting to debate contestants' talents

Why, because they don't have talent? Both of them have more musical talent in one of their hair follicles than Ellen and Simon put together and multiplied to the 10th power. So they're at least qualified in that aspect. They are, you know, singers.

Tyler especially, like him or not, was a true showman and was at one time part of a damn good rock songwriting team. I'm not a huge fan of Aerosmith's music, but the guy has credibility.

I'm not thrilled by this or anything, but it could definitely be worse. And I can even see it, maybe, in some weird way, actually working pretty well.

JLo has fallen out of the spotlight, but at one point she was one of the biggest stars in this country. Great smile, warm personality, she even seemed to have a bit of a quick wit if I remember. I could see her becoming a popular judge on this show.

Why, because they don't have talent? Both of them have more musical talent in one of their hair follicles than Ellen and Simon put together and multiplied to the 10th power. So they're at least qualified in that aspect. They are, you know, singers.

Tyler especially, like him or not, was a true showman and was at one time part of a damn good rock songwriting team. I'm not a huge fan of Aerosmith's music, but the guy has credibility.

I'm not thrilled by this or anything, but it could definitely be worse. And I can even see it, maybe, in some weird way, actually working pretty well.

JLo has fallen out of the spotlight, but at one point she was one of the biggest stars in this country. Great smile, warm personality, she even seemed to have a bit of a quick wit if I remember. I could see her becoming a popular judge on this show.

No, not because I don't think either of them have any sort of talent-as you pointed out, they both do have qualifications behind them and I have no problem with either of them personally. Just said that because hearing the two of them try to talk to each other, with Randy's "dawg" and "yo" bits thrown in amidst all that chatter, would be entertaining. Steven with his raspy musings and Jennifer with her upbeat talk (she'll likely be taking over the Paula role)-I just think it'll be funny. That's all.

Angela

Definitely an interesting combination.

I still dont think the show can survive without Simon.

They should have put Seacrest in Simon's seat and left Tyler off the show.

There are a number of people that could have filled Seacrest spot.

Back
Top Bottom