American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, that was an interesting two hours.

Disappointing to see Crystal lose, but I suspect that we'll be hearing a lot from her over the next few years. Or so I hope.

Simon's last night, NSW's last night.....

Pants on da ground!! :lol:

Oh, god, he came back...

Yeah, if he manages to retain notoriety, then Crystal should have no problem continuing a career. The runners-up have a tendency to do better than the winners for the most part anyway. It's a shame she didn't win, as she clearly deserved it, but congratulations to Lee.

I did not see tonight's episode or last night's-can't get FOX in where I'm at right now, so I'll have to go check out video clips online (I'm really curious about this U2 cover now).

And farewell, Simon Cowell. Thanks for all the amusing (and honest) commentary. You will be missed, I guarantee that.

Angela

I teared up at Simon's thank you's, and I was so glad my girl Paula was back. I miss her so much.:heart: Simon choking up was hilarious and adorable. Lee sucks, but at least Crystal won't have to be 19's minion. She's too good for that just like Adam was.

Lee sucks, but at least Crystal won't have to be 19's minion. She's too good for that just like Adam was.

What do you mean exactly by being 19's minion? And isn't Adam signed with 19, too?

I just don't see what the big difference is. Bottom line, these are all contestants on a cheesy singing competition. Everyone who's ever come from American Idol is a cookie-cutter pop star and is destined to be a cookie-cutter pop star. So I don't see what the difference is in finishing 1st or 2nd or whatever. Maybe Crystal will be the first one to transcend that, but I kinda doubt it. You make it sound like since Adam didn't win he was suddenly free to go wild and do his own thing. Yeah, he has input in his style/image whatever, but musically? Nah. Check out the writing credits on his album. Dude "co-wrote" like 3 of the 14 songs on there. The rest all written by songwriting teams. And he went out and got Max Martin and Dr. Luke (pop conveyor belt production 101) for his singles.

You think if Adam had won Idol instead of being runner up, his album would have been different? I think I'm just confused by what you mean. Maybe I'm up too early, also.

OK so I didn't watch all year, but what I really want to know is...

MJB's One < or > Lee's BD? Should I make a poll?

:sad:

on account of the fact that I dont live in the US ( :wink: ) I haven't watched either but was (un)lucky enough to follow a link to Lees BD and well . . . both of the above have the power to make you want to do the van gogh :scream:

Listened on YouTube to Lee's performance-wow. The song sounded so...80s. Not horrible, but it was interesting-I'm just glad Lee lost some of that Nickelback-y type rasp he'd had early on in the show.

I think I kinda like the live version a bit more than the studio version. Nothing can top U2's original, though, of course.

Watched Crystal's performances, too. She really does seem out of place on this show, doesn't she (I mean that in a good way)? She should've had a deal by now with somebody.

And then William Hung came out and dueted (is that a word? ) :lol: It was hilarious.

Seriously?

*Goes to investigate YouTube again, watches clip*

Oh, geez, you've GOT to be kidding me, there was actual choreography? Wow... Love the way the guy sorta mumbled half the song. And, "I'll put my pants on right NOW!" :lmao:.

Shame "The Soup" is a special episode this week, 'cause that is PRIME "Soup" clip material right there. Wonder if they'll mention it next week?

Angela

Well, that's easy. MJB's One is far better.

I really think that the hate for her cover of the song is more representative of a general distaste for R&B/Hip hop among many U2 fans rather than that the song was poorly done.

I agree. I'm always surprised that it gets that much hate on this site.

I think it's really well-done.

Well, that's easy. MJB's One is far better.

I really think that the hate for her cover of the song is more representative of a general distaste for R&B/Hip hop among many U2 fans rather than that the song was poorly done.

I agree, I really like it, and I like Mary a lot in general. But I know how it's treated around here, and I was curious what kind of response the comp would get.

Wait...does that make me a troll?

Hi. I haven't really been watching this much this year because I've been watching the Prime Ministers debate, something about the Freudian Museum in London or I've been sitting out in the garden. I like that Blonde haired guy because he was fit but when Bret Michaels came on and sang Every Rose Has A Thorn during the final it was obvious that he's voice is measly compared to Brett's. What did you guys think of him? I liked Chrystal as well.

It was nice to see Brett come on the show after all his life threatening health problems.

Back
Top Bottom