American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ummm.

Did Lee actually just sing that? And it's his single? What is this fuckery?

God, that really wasn't very good. He took an already sort of Dad rock song (albeit a fucking awesome one, and one of my favorite songs of all-time) and made it even more light and...just...boring. I don't know. Not that the song is boring in the first place, just, I don't know.

He flubbed the words around, too, and didn't hit the climax of the song well at all.

He should have gone for the "Re-he-he-heeech me" note!

Anyway. Somewhere in Munich, Bono is drugged up and drinking a Guinness in a hospital bed saying "What was that weak shit?"

Ummm.

God, that really wasn't very good. He took an already sort of Dad rock song (albeit a fucking awesome one, and one of my favorite songs of all-time) and made it even more light and...just...boring. I don't know. Not that the song is boring in the first place, just, I don't know.

He flubbed the words around, too, and didn't hit the climax of the song well at all.

Anyway. Somewhere in Munich, Bono is drugged up and drinking a Guinness in a hospital bed saying "What was that weak shit?"

yep exactly.. :up:

Ummm.

I cannot believe they picked that song for Lee to release. Oh and no way should he have attempted that Reach me note, don't you remember Apologize?

We should all vote for Crystal then!!! DONT let that be released!

I was going to vote for Crystal anyway, but now I've got extra motivation.

I don't know, he was really missing the edge (no pun intended) in his voice tonight. He sounded smoother, more polished, and it didn't really work for him. I think he could have done better with that song. I also hated their arrangement, but virtually all of the songs tonight were overproduced IMO.

wtf?? Karaoke Idol? Talk about murdering a song. I guess he'd have to pay royalties if it gets released.

Crystal kicked his ass anyway.

Yeah, Crystal straight up brought it more tonight, and was the better of the two. She deserves to win, in my opinion.

I think the most annoying part for me is all the teenyboppers who will now think that Lee wrote that song, and when they hear the original on the radio, they'll think, "Oh, that's a cover of Lee's song". I got enough of that from casual concert goers last tour.

Argg...my tv is broken or something not working and of all nights...well better then last night's and Sunday's tv finales but still........can someone please spoiler post what songs they've sung so far?

Crystal definitely had a better night than Lee tonight.

In regards to calling in and voting, I've not had a busy signal ALL SEASON. I've never had a problem. :shrug:

Lee killed Beautiful Day :angry::doh:. Crystal had the WOW factor...an amazing night.

I believe it is going to be a close call...Lee has a lot of fans. But I believe Crystal should win hands down after this amazing night.

I liked Lee for most of the season, but he got crushed last night by Crystal. Lee's Beautiful Day was horrid. Will be very depressed if Lee wins and releases that version.

Lee's Beautiful Day was horrid. Will be very depressed if Lee wins and releases that version.

This morning, one of our local DJs said, "I don't think we or anyone else will be in any hurry to play Lee's version of that song over U2's version".

I thought their single was supposed to be an original. :confused:

It has been original every other season. I guess they decided to switch it up.

I'm sure the studio version of Lee's "Beautiful Day" will be better but, yeah, it is just...weird. Not that anybody really cares much about the post-Idol coronation song.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure Lee is going to win. So, we will at least have to hear his version one more time because he'll be freakin' singing it right after Seacrest makes the big announcement.

Who wants to hear an less good version of a song we're already sick to death of? Poor Lee - I think he sort of gave up last night because he probably doesn't want to release that song.

Crystal was stellar. If voting was based on last night's performances, she should win hands down, release a good song, and Lee will do well doing his own thing. But the girls will bring in the votes for Lee.

So yeah, basically what you've all already said.

Dear Lee, ...No.:|

Crystal, on the other hand, is so incredibly amazing I can't even describe it. I hope she loses, so she doesn't have to be as controlled by Idol.

On another note, even though I haven't really watched this year, I know I'm really going to be sad tonight with it being Simon's last show. I've been invested in this show every year but this once since Season 2 and even more so last year and Season 7. With Simon and Paula gone, I'm definitely not going to be watching next year. I really, really wish Ryan, Randy, and Paula would join Simon for X Factor.

So that "Mountain" song will be her single if she wins? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I thought it was as boring as all get-out.

Back
Top Bottom