American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn. Crystal and Lee's duet was easily the best performance on Idol all season. Really great stuff. Fun to watch.

100% agree with you...actually did not mind the Mike and Casey duet... Mike won hands down with vocals while Casey won hands down with the guitar.

My prediction?

F2 Lee and Crystal.

They have something. . .I don't know, I want to say sex appeal, but that's not quite it. At any rate they have It. And the other two don't.

Yup. There was something really charming about it. I also don't normally notice this for Idol, but I thought even the camerawork was great on the performance. Great job all around by Crystal, Lee, the producers, and even the judges, who gave credit where it was due.

I sincerely hope Crystal wins the whole thing.

the duet with crystal an Lee was pretty good but I have disagree with the judges who said it was better than the original.. I don't agree, no one can come close to Glen and Mar...!

I'll be thrilled to be wrong about my cynical prediction of Crystal's too-early-ouster that I made way back when.

GAF's live spoilers!

Casey and Lee are safe.

Crystal and Mike in the bottom two. Results forthcoming...

I know I don't post too much in here but does anyone else think that the Bon Jovi song sounded alot like a U2 song and for some reason I can't place which one it is...:hmm:

Rehearsal spoilers...

LEE DEWYZE: Singing a soft, harmonic staple chosen by Simon Cowel, Lee strummed his guitar while standing behind the mic stand in sneakers, a blue sweatshirt and red baseball cap. A chorus line of background singers surrounded the rocker on each side. DeWyze joked that he should be lifted by a harness to look like he’s flying. For his second song, he performed a sentimental rock classic that he sped up a bit. Changing the vocal arrangement slightly, DeWyze raised the bar by picking the perfect tune for his voice.

CRYSTAL BOWERSOX: Holding a guitar, and with a harmonica strapped to her neck, Crystal practiced with her signature mic stand, warming up a tune by a female artist she admires. She started the song with a few seconds of solo harmonica, then the band and backup singers came in strong. But Crystal delivered her second tune without her guitar or mic stand. Standing middle stage she successfully reached Janis Joplin-like territory with her strong, high, whiskey-soaked wail. She quickly shifted effortlessly into a smooth note that she held and held.

CASEY JAMES: In a bright blue shirt and holding his guitar, Casey was accompanied on stage by his amp. His upbeat tune started with vigor, kicking into a solid groove that will have people on their feet and dancing. On his second song, a piano is wheeled on stage and placed on the left, while an additional guitar player sat on the right. James doesn’t change the arrangement of the song much, though it is paced slower than the original. After only two takes and a quick check to make sure he had the bridge correct, Casey looked like he was feeling confident.

Poor Casey. He's just marking time.

This is between Crystal and Lee. And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Lee pulls an upset and wins this thing. (Which is why I sent a vote Crystal's way tonight),

No, I think Maddy would join you :)
She's generally too busy with homework, projects or Facebook to even watch. She watched a little of it with me tonight while doing homework.

So last night while I was watching American Idol my my cable box died which meant I didn't get to see Lost. Really happy about that. Because when you follow a show for a whole season (even if it's not that great) and another show for many years, your cable box really shouldn't die during the last week.

I did see Lee's Hallelujah which I thought was great. The song has been done every kind of slow and I was glad he did it big - there was nothing else to do with it really.

I think Lee should win. I think he could actually make good records. Crystal of course is wonderful, too, but I'm afraid she might make records like the Indigo Girls or something which would not be terrible, just not that interesting to me.

But yeah, it's been a lame season although I do genuinely like these people.

It's going to be a long lunch at the Comcast counter. :rant:

Back
Top Bottom