American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SiobhanPreTop6Banner2.jpg

:drool:

Despite my utter lack of caring at this point, that's just crazypants. She's a bit weird, but the worst? Hardly.

I'll take weird over boring, like everyone else who's not named Crystal.

I had to stop watching after Ryan called Shania a "country music pioneer". EPIC FAIL. On a positive note, Shania is still insanely beautiful. Wow. I hope I look that good when I'm 40+.

Siobhan is so annoyingly predictable with her typical high note endings. Yawn.

I'm just afraid that with all the praise for most everyone except Crystal, that she could be in danger, though she shouldn't be. I voted a ton for her tonight :)

I'm just afraid that with all the praise for most everyone except Crystal, that she could be in danger, though she shouldn't be. I voted a ton for her tonight :)

I meant to vote for Crystal last night.

But then I forgot. :reject:

I thought Casey James did quite well last night.

I think it might be time for Siobahn to go. She's just gotten really lost as an artist and hasn't seemed to be able to find her way back. I'd prefer to see the little boy go but I have to concede he seems to have a better sense of what kind of artist he is--it just happens to be the kind that I don't care for.

I'm happy with the boot. Her nasally tone and over the top endings were getting annoying imo. Not happy with Casey in the bottom 2. I'm addicted to that song he did though, I thought it was excellent and I actually like his version better than Shania's.

A question to our friends below the 49th parallel that I was thinking about earlier. Is it common knowledge for people down there to know that Shania is Canadian? Just curious..

Thank God. I would've preferred Aaron to go home because I'm just not a fan of the type of music he would do, but I really did not care for Siobahn. She was extremely over-hyped, and I frankly believe most of her quirkiness was forced. Here's hoping Lee/Chad Kroeger II or Aaron is gone next week.

A question to our friends below the 49th parallel that I was thinking about earlier. Is it common knowledge for people down there to know that Shania is Canadian? Just curious..

I live 15 minutes from the 45th parallel (true fact...they have a sign on the interstate indicating where it is!) and the Canadian border. Yes, I did know Shania was Canadian!

Thank God. I would've preferred Aaron to go home because I'm just not a fan of the type of music he would do, but I really did not care for Siobahn. She was extremely over-hyped, and I frankly believe most of her quirkiness was forced. Here's hoping Lee/Chad Kroeger II or Aaron is gone next week.

I agree. I didn't dislike Siobahn really, but I really think the big note in the Aretha Franklin song was her undoing just as Straight Up was Andrew Garcia's undoing. Once you get defined by one moment then you fall into the trap of chasing after that moment and trying to reproduce it again, and in the process you really lose a sense of who you really are. I think that's what happened to her.

Crystal, on the other hand--I don't think she ever had a single "moment." She's just brilliant week after week.

I would love for Aaron to go next, but I don't know. I just don't think it's going to happen. I think a lot of people like what he's about--probably the same people who voted for the lame-ass winner from last year. Presuming he is safe, I'm guessing it will be Mike next. And I'm okay with that. I liked him and all, but lately he's been kind of boring and I think he made the mistake of believing his own press. I got the sense he began to really believe he was awesome as everyone said and that paradoxically has made him much less awesome. Crystal, despite all the accolades, seems to still have her head on straight. Which is another reason I like her.

^I totally agree. Crystal, like Adam last year, is just completely real. She's true to herself as an artist and a person, and, also like Adam, she has the talent to do whatever she wants and be successful.

Songs for tonight, and I think it's the order of appearance as well.
Aaron Kelly – “Fly me to the Moon” –

Casey James – “Blue Skies” –

Crystal Bowersox – “Summer Wind” –

Mike Lynche – “The Way You Look Tonight” -

Lee DeWyze – “That’s Life” –

LEE KICKED SOME SERIOUS ARSE TONITE, THAT WAS GREAT..

best mentor.. HARRY CONNICK JR. Funny as hell and great arrangements!

True, but beyond that tough night all around. None of these guys really sing in the Sinatra style. I had low expectations for tonight and they were met.

I went ahead and voted for Crystal though--first time ever voting for anyone on this show--after a second week in a row of "okay" performances from her, I felt I couldn't afford to mess around.

My prediction is that it's going to Crystal and the little boy in the F2.

Lee kicked ass tonight :up:
I think it's Casey or Aaron going home. Casey's performance was rather weak and pitchy.

Harry Connick Jr. was a great mentor - :applaud:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom