American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw, this'll make my sister sad. I had two right in my guess as to who'd be in the bottom three, and guessed right on who'd go home, so, um, go me :p.

The story about the guy who lost his wife and child, and the baby who lost its mother...:sad:. Truly heartbreaking. And did I hear right that girls in Ethiopia are getting married at five? What the f...? The insanity in this world truly never ceases to amaze me.

But it's nice to see not everyone who's going through hell gives in to cynicism and bitterness. I hope these people actually will get the help they desperately need.

Angela

Next week's theme: songs of Shania Twain.

Ummm, yikes. She doesn't strike me as an artist whose catalogue you'd want to dedicate an entire show to. Rolling Stones, Beatles, Elvis...Shania Twain. I can only name two of her songs off the top off of my head (You're Still The One and Man, I Feel Like A Woman!). That's going to be pretty rough.

I know she was/is hugely popular, though.

:crack: Can this season get any worse?

AnimatedGIF-SmileyHittingSelfwBat.gif

Man, I Feel Like A Woman!

It'd be a kick to hear one of the guys do this one :D.

Really, Shania? Odd choice-I liked some of her songs when I went through my country phase back when I was around 12 or so, and yeah, people like her, but...weird.

She's supposed to have a new show on TV sometime down the line, though, so I'm betting that has something to do with it.

Angela

I was sitting here waiting for the spoiler for the other person voted off, but then realized there's only one.

What a pity.

Mary J Blige, please....leave...my god damn favourite music alone already! Holy shit, Zep, of all things sacred on the planet:banghead:

And ya, now thousands of young people that don't have a grasp of proper music are going to think this is a new song or something and she wrote it. Barf.

That boot spoiler is very good news though!!!

I got to fast forward thru most of the songs. I set the timer on the DVR to run over 15 minutes. So I missed the ending of Elton John's "Your Song" :( and didn't see anything more. How much more was there? Thank goodness for spoilers!

I realize that this puts me firmly in "GET OFF MY LAWN!!!" territory, but I actually did want to watch the local news at 10 last night.

I know Idol Gives Back raises buttloads of money for good things, but jeez, they can't edit out some of the fluff? Was it really necessary to make it 2 hours and 20 minutes long?

Oy.

Shania Twain?

Couldn't they just have made it Country Week and given them more artists to choose from? I'm mainly curious to see what Crystal will do. . .and really most of these artists. I don't see any of them as singing her type of songs.

I'm not gonna lie: I have a soft spot for Shania's music. My mom was/is a big fan, and I grew up with it. It's still a guilty pleasure especially that whole "Come On Over" album. I don't think her music is worthy of it's own Idol week, though. I agree with Sean. I'd like to see them do a country week with multiple artists. Although, I'd like it to be an actual country week with old school real country music like Johnny, Patsy, Dolly, George Jones, Loretta, Emmylou, Willie, etc. I love me some real country music, pop country crap, not so much.

Shania Twain?

Couldn't they just have made it Country Week and given them more artists to choose from? I'm mainly curious to see what Crystal will do. . .and really most of these artists. I don't see any of them as singing her type of songs.

:up:

I am curious about Crystal's choice too...I can't see her singing any of her songs. :|

So, I saw Siobhan and Lee at the Hole show in Hollywood tonight. Lee is a smoker, which explains the voice. Siobhan LOVES Hole, she was crying when Courtney started singing. It was rather endearing.

Sorry no pics, the pit was quite crowded.

Must get sleep.

Awesome!

^I'd kind of like to see Crystal's take of "You're Still the One". I really do love that song, and I think she could do an amazing job with it.

I like that song a lot too. . .but I have hard time picturing Crystal singing it. It's just stylistically so different from what she does. Plus Crystal has never been about the obvious choice. I imagine her picking some obscure track that most of us have never heard.

"Still the One" would probably be chosen by the little boy. . .what's his name again? The teenager?

I will admit to completely loving "From This Moment On." I am incapable of NOT singing it at the top of my lungs whenever I hear it.

YOU'RE THE REASON IIIII BELIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEVE IN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

Back
Top Bottom