American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just want to maul Adam and experience that talented tongue.:drool: Anyway, I didn't watch anyone but Crystal, and she was, as always, amazing. I'd listen to her sing my Microeconomics textbook. PLEASE tell me he's singing tonight.

I'm so over Siobahn. And her hair styles arent helping.

Lee and Crystal ftw top 2.

Totally agree! Siobhan is so annoying. I've liked a couple of performances a lot, but overall I actually hate her voice and even more her personality. She doesn't take criticism well like the others. She gets defensive and has a look in her eye like she might go psycho and pull out a knife.

Lee sounds like so many other people (none of whom I particularly like) but he is definitely talented and deserves to be in the final 2, imo. I just wish they'd shut up about him needing to show more personality or smile more. He's just being himself and nailing the songs, and he's cute to watch.

I thought Siobhan had a chance, but she has been losing her pizazz the past couple of weeks... :| I'm rooting for Crystal Bowersox!

Who's that Justin guy? Brooke White reminds me of Didi Benami.

And not surprised about who went home.

It's kind of mean to make them sing right after they get booted. It's like they just want to go cry and they cant lol.

I didn't see Adam for the first two minutes of the performance, with all that ridiculous smoke and the lights that made it look like he was in a force field.

So it's "Inspirational Songs" week. Here's a link to a list of songs they can choose.

One of the options. Streets. :crack: I swear to God if Tim Urban so much as thinks of touching that song, I will walk to CBS Studios and personally kick his ass. There are also other U2 songs on the pre-cleared list, Walk On and Beautiful Day. Same rule applies.

Wow. Yeah they wont pick Walk On. I bet none of them have even heard of it. I cant see any of these guys being U2 fans so I doubt any of them will sing U2.

One of the options. Streets. :crack: I swear to God if Tim Urban so much as thinks of touching that song, I will walk to CBS Studios and personally kick his ass. There are also other U2 songs on the pre-cleared list, Walk On and Beautiful Day. Same rule applies.

I bet he'll go for something like Queen "You're My Best Friend."

Wow. Yeah they wont pick Walk On. I bet none of them have even heard of it. I cant see any of these guys being U2 fans so I doubt any of them will sing U2.

Yeah. I think I'd prefer not to hear any U2 songs.

Adam Lambert really was impressive. He's quite a showman, something that is missing from most of these contestants.

He's why I don't care if Crystal wins. When you have talent like that, winning is irrelevant--all you need is the exposure Idol gives and then you can go from there.

^I agree. Even though she's the only contestant I really care about at this point, I still would rather see her lose, so she can make the type of music she wants. Adam is the same way. They're very different types of performers, but they're both so genuine and have such raw talent, that to see them confined solely to Idol's cookie-cutter box would be horrible. They both know who they are as artists and they have the vision and ability to back it up.

I heard a Fiona Apple song today and thought that Siobhan would do a great job singing a Fiona song....and I do not care for Siobhan very much...but love Fiona:hmm:

I think that's something that's, while good for the contestants, bad for the show. If the 5th place finisher (and then some) can get a contract anyway, why bother? There's no suspense in that, since by now, everyone sadly knows that the votes that equal your win don't always equal album sales.

I hope none of them try to tackle 'Over The Rainbow' :crack:

Who's gonna sing Bon Jovi's "Livin' On A Prayer"? :wink:
Maybe Tim will do the Jackson 5's "I'll Be There'

Some interesting songs... let's see what crap they will pick from the list to ruin sing :happy:

I think that's something that's, while good for the contestants, bad for the show. If the 5th place finisher (and then some) can get a contract anyway, why bother? There's no suspense in that, since by now, everyone sadly knows that the votes that equal your win don't always equal album sales.

I don't know about that. It's still exciting to discover a new artist even if they don't win. And the winner isn't always a disapointment (see Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson).

I actually forgot to put my original thought in that sentence! I went off on a tangent. :lol:

My main point was supposed to be that it takes away some of the tension and excitement behind the premise of the show, if you don't have to win to be a big star.

Who will be the next big star?

Oh .... our fifth place singer. .......................... ta-daaaaaaa.

Who was the guy who won last year again?

(I didn't watch the season).

Is he doing anything in the music world?

Back
Top Bottom