American Idol - Season 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, the results are final here on the west coast, so I'm ditching the spoiler tags.

That was quite the look of surprise on Lily's face when Ryan said Katie's name. That was interesting.

EPIC FAIL on 2 counts America. Lilly and Todrick have no business being sent home. Lamest top 12 ever. If anything happens to Crystal or Andrew, I'm not even bothering with the rest of the season.:down:

Well, the results are final here on the west coast, so I'm ditching the spoiler tags.

That was quite the look of surprise on Lily's face when Ryan said Katie's name. That was interesting.

Yeah, I think because Lily got such a postive judges response, she assumed she'd be safe. I was surprised myself that America seemed to be unmoved by how much praise she got from the judges. I think the Patsy Cline song was a little too offbeat for the middlebrow American tastes. That and her hair. Her hair was just awful.

Still, it irks me that she is gone while Paige remains in the top 12.

Next week should be interesting. I have a feeling a lot of these kids are gonna struggle with the Stones. I think Crystal will do alright though.

Here's the list of songs the contestants get to choose from.

Angie
As Tears Go By
Beast of Burden
Black Limousine
Brown Sugar
Can’t You Hear Me Knocking
Country Honk
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
Emotional Rescue
Fool to Cry
Get Off My Cloud
Gimme Shelter
Happy
Hang Fire
Heart of Stone
Honky Tonk Women
Hot Stuff
It’s All Over Now
It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll (But I Like It)
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
Lady Jane
The Last Time
Let It Bleed
Live With Me
Love In Vain
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Mother’s Little Helper
19th Nervous Breakdown
No Expectations
Paint It, Black
Play With Fire
Ruby Tuesday
Salt of the Earth
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
Shattered
She Was Hot
She’s a Rainbow
She’s So Cold
Shine a Light
Start Me Up
Street Fighting Man
Sympathy for the Devil
Time Is On My Side
Too Tough
Tumbling Dice
Under My Thumb
Waiting On a Friend
Wild Horses
You Can’t Always Get What You Want

And David Cook will be on the results show this week :up:

Damn, look at that list of songs. What a fuckin awesome band.

And I like Angie. There was a girl in our high school named Angie that literally every boy had a huge crush on, and that song always makes me think of her.

Please God let Crystal do "Gimme Shelter". That could be epic. I think Andrew could do a great job with "Wild Horses". It would make that horrendous Susan Boyle cover a distant memory.

I LOVE the song Angie...hence the reason I hope none of them sing it:wink:

Ahhh, word. I gotcha. :up:

There was just a little segment about Idol on the local news.

Tim "Train Wreck" Urban on this week's show:

"Ummm, what songs do the Rolling Stones sing?"

I get it, he's young. But have we now reached the generation where kids don't listen to the classics? I always thought that owning a few Stones albums was a pre-requisite for living.

I never knew that. I was told it was about Faithful :shrug:

This was thought to be about David Bowie's wife, Angela, a friend of Mick Jagger's, but the lyrics suggest it is about his relationship with Marianne Faithfull, which ended in turmoil in 1969. Another possibility is that Jagger wrote it for Angela "Dandelion" Richards, daughter of Keith and Anita Pallenberg, born April 17, 1972. (thanks, Bert Van De Kamp - Den Bosch, Netherlands)

As I mentioned earlier, this is my first time watching this show, and it'll be my last.

That being said, I'm semi-enjoying it on a few levels.

Of course, if a performance is good that's great. The judges make me laugh, for different reasons, so there's that. But the funniest part to me is how worked up people get over the voting. Sorry if you are reading this and fall into that category, but, fuck, relax a little.

As for the voting, I will calmly say that Lilly getting voted off was disappointing but not shocking. Paige staying, however, was a surprise. I think the right guys went home.

Funny show.

Sorry if you are reading this and fall into that category, but, fuck, relax a little.

Ha! I said the same thing on another site this weekend. After all this time, people are still getting worked up about the inevitable crappy results? Welcome to 2010.

Ahhh, word. I gotcha. :up:

There was just a little segment about Idol on the local news.

Tim "Train Wreck" Urban on this week's show:

"Ummm, what songs do the Rolling Stones sing?"

I get it, he's young. But have we now reached the generation where kids don't listen to the classics? I always thought that owning a few Stones albums was a pre-requisite for living.

He should be punched in the mouth. I volunteer. What an idiot. FAIL, douchebag.

Songs for tonight :happy:

Michael Lynche – “Miss You”
Didi Benami – “Play with Fire”
Casey James – “It’s All Over Now”
Lacey Brown – “Ruby Tuesday”
Andrew Garcia – “Gimme Shelter” {word is it was not good}

and supposedly these to follow

Katie Stevens – “Wild Horses”
Tim Urban – “Under My Thumb”
Siobhan Magnus – “Paint it Black”
Lee Dewyze – “Beast of Burden”
Paige Miles – “Honky Tonk Woman”