American Idol - Season 8: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sent her a PM back in January, and this is the gist of what she said:

I've decided to put the AI recaps on the back burner this year. I have several other projects I'm working on

I told her she would be missed. And I really wonder what she's up to & what she thinks of the competition this year, especially with Danny Gokey being from Wisconsin. Her "location" was stated as Milwaukee, WI.

Just finished watching the show a little while ago. Kris looked stunned. Congrats to both Kris & Adam. Hard to believe the top two were only separated by one million votes. I wish they would release the voting numbers/breakdowns. I still can't believe there were 88 million votes last night

I found a blog entry by GolightlyGirl (sp?) and this is what she said back in mid-April

What else? Oh, yes, television. I'm still watching American Idol despite no longer writing my recaps. Some are probably wondering if I'm supporting Danny Gokey because he's from Milwaukee. The answer is no. I'm not enthralled with his singing or performing skills, and he gives me serious douchebag vibes. Plus, how many glasses does this guy own? It's not like he's Bono. But there are a few contestants I do like. I like Adam Lambert, the over-the-top, theatrical rocker with the dyed black hair and eye liner. At the other end of the spectrum, I like the low-key Kris Allen, who is consistently good week after week. Allison Iraheta's talent belies her tender years, and she kind of reminds me of Kelly Clarkson. Anoop Desai is cute but lacking in charisma. And I can't be arsed to care about Lil Rounds or Matt Giraud.

My idiot best friend just texted me, " you looked great on Idol tonight". I told him shut up, Ive been told so many times I look like Adam, the only thing I hate is Ive had this look for years and I wonder how many people think Im trying to look like him

Interesting, but there's no way 19/Dark Lord Clive Davis will let Adam slip through their fingers. Also, I really doubt that's something Adam would want to do anyway. He has said he's a big Queen fan; he even sang "Bohemian Rhapsody" beautifully in his first audition. However, I think he's the type of person who wants to be his own artist and create his own music, rather than being a glorified Freddie Mercury impersonator.

↑ agreed :up:

I know most of you weren't Danny fans, but there are some video clips here from after the show with the judges talking to Danny, as well as Danny's interview on American Idol Extra.

Danny Gokey - American Idol Extra - VIDEO | mjsbigblog

-Idol bootee Danny Gokey sits down with American Idol Extra’s Jillian Reynolds and Ace Young, and finally, with the threat of elimination no longer looming, he’s free to be himself.

Having kept all his impulses bottled up for weeks, Danny literally lets loose a torrent of words on all those subjects that became taboo during the competition–his wife, his desire to inspire people, the kids foundation he started in his late wife’s Sophia’s name.

It’s obvious he’s been reading about himself online.

In part one, Paula is practically hysterical as she’s hugging on the Idol stage after his singout. And Danny joins Jillian part-way through her interview with Idol producer, Ken Warwick.

You can even see Jillian get choked up after the show when she does a brief onstage interview with Danny
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Another interview stated that Simon Cowell thought that “Heartless” was the best performance of the entire season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also from mjsbigblog
‘American Idol’: On the scene for the Top 3 results

Can I just tell you that after last night’s results show was over; after Ryan told Kris Allen he had become the first Idol cannon fodder to have a real shot at winning the whole shebang (as opposed to, you know, Diana DeGarmo); after Danny Gokey learned his fairy tale story — i.e. going from true tragedy to the fleeting “triumph” of becoming a judges’ favorite on a reality singing competition show — had ended in third place; and after Simon caused viewers everywhere to make a bumble-fuzzed “wuzzah?” face when he called next week’s finale a “big ding-dong,” I witnessed one of the sweetest things I’ve ever seen in my three years of covering this infuriating, invigorating national obsession. The moment the show was off the air, Kris Allen’s mother raced over to Adam Lambert’s mother and the two women gave each other pretty much the biggest Proud-Mamas hug ever. I could’ve sworn my snark demon Smirkelstiltskin had a tear in his eye, although that probably was just because he’d no longer have the pleasure of watching Danny Gokey “meditate” by placing a single finger upon his stubbly chin.

I know most of you weren't Danny fans, but there are some video clips here from after the show with the judges talking to Danny, as well as Danny's interview on American Idol Extra.

-Idol bootee Danny Gokey sits down with American Idol Extra’s Jillian Reynolds and Ace Young, and finally, with the threat of elimination no longer looming, he’s free to be himself.

Having kept all his impulses bottled up for weeks, Danny literally lets loose a torrent of words on all those subjects that became taboo during the competition–his wife, his desire to inspire people, the kids foundation he started in his late wife’s Sophia’s name.

In part one, Paula is practically hysterical as she’s hugging on the Idol stage after his singout. And Danny joins Jillian part-way through her interview with Idol producer, Ken Warwick.

You can even see Jillian get choked up after the show when she does a brief onstage interview with Danny

Another interview stated that Simon Cowell thought that “Heartless” was the best performance of the entire season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also from mjsbigblog

I don't dislike Danny, but I do think he came off as trying to hard to be likable and fun, and it came off as such. I think that's great that he's using his wife's memory in a positive way. I love the story about the Allen and Lambert families. The two guys have become really tight, and I guess their families have too. Last night, Adam had every nail except his right thumb nail painted and Kris only had his right thumb nail painted in the dark blue/black shade Adam wears all the time.:cute:

Thanks for the studio version of One. Are those made available on iTunes? I haven't kept myself in the loop w/ regard to that.

I couldn't be happier with the final 2. I always liked Kris and felt he deserved to be there. I've even gotten over my aversion to his odd-mouth singing style. I do believe Adam will win and feel he should. (not that it would matter he'd still be a star) This has been the most enjoyable season I've watched. We saw a lot of talent.

Maddy was bummed that Kris' version of Heartless on iTunes is not the same as the acoustic one he performed live. It has more of the band on it, which she would have not preferred (she bought it last night I believe)

Maddy was bummed that Kris' version of Heartless on iTunes is not the same as the acoustic one he performed live. It has more of the band on it, which she would have not preferred (she bought it last night I believe)

I have an mp3 of the performance version of Heartless if you're interested?

I must say, I am practically giddy at this final. I love me some Adam, but I'd still be OK with Kris winning so I am quite excited for Tuesday and Wednesday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also from mjsbigblog

That's really a class act by the 2 moms. They love their sons and thats what it comes down to.

If Simon thought that Heartless was the best, then why didn't he give Kris a standing O like he did for Adam? :hmm: Makes one ponder.

Thanks for the info..I need that version and I wouldn't mind having Kris' 'Heartless' either. I didn't like that song til he did it the other night. It was hot. And I don't say that, lol.

A really sweet story someone posted on Idolforums that's from a Kris Allen fansite. I may not like Kris as a performer, but they seem like genuine friends that actually want each other to do well.

his story was shared by a friend of the Allen Family who attended the rehearsals this week in LA!

Did you notice Kris had his thumbnail repainted? Can you guess who painted it? That's right! Adam Lambert! Kris performed during Rock week with a painted thumbnail, and his homecoming footage captured the chipped polish. Tuesday night, however, Kris performed one of the best performances of the night (and the season, might I add) with a freshly painted thumbnail.

According to Megan Malone, Adam painted Kris's thumbnail after the homecoming visits and removed the polish from one of his own nails, stating "If you can carry around a piece of me, man; I can do the same for you." Malone said, "The Allens believe Kris wears the black fingernail polish in support of Adam because he wanted Adam in the finale. Also, Kris wanted to dispel any rumors claiming the two weren’t great friends." Kris and Adam were roommates in the Idol Mansion throughout their stay.

Thanks Megan for sharing the sweet story!

A really sweet story someone posted on Idolforums that's from a Kris Allen fansite. I may not like Kris as a performer, but they seem like genuine friends that actually want each other to do well.

Their bromance is the cutest thing ever. :cute:

Back
Top Bottom