American Idol - Season 8: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, I can't believe I'm spending so much time yakking about a TV show that I didn't think I cared that much about this season.

I need to lie down with a cold compress on my forehead.

I am am a bit shocked from the outcome, but then again I am not. Almost everyone I know wanted Kris to win, which kind of suprised me. I really liked Adam at the beginning of the season, but then liked Kris more toward the end. I am not sure what changed...I think in general, I prefer Kris' style of music, which I know many others my age do (20s-30s). I think Adam is a much more talented singer, but Kris a more talented overall musician. Idol seems to have changed from just a singing competition over the last few years when the contestants started playing instraments and rearranging songs (which I love and I thinks it ups their game and stretchs them). Overall I would love to see Adam in concert, but would prefer Kris' album.

I think think saying Adam lost because of the gay factor is a very weak argument. It may have had a very small impact but not enough to make any difference. Most people I know didn't like Adam because they didn't like all the screaming and his style of music. Everyone agreed he has a fabulous voice.

I wish Ryan would have annouced the percentages. I have heard that it was not even close, which is why Ryan probably didn't say anything.

For those of you able to tolerate the why-does-he-still-have-a-show Larry King, the Idols are on his show tonight.

Ok, my anger towards Kris' winning evaporates every time I see something like this.:heart: Leave it to a member of the Bush family to try and fan the flames of some straw man supported culture war.:rolleyes: American Idol | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

I love the fact that these 2 have managed to become such close friends regardless of the way the media tried to portray them. Kris may be a Christian from Arkansas, but he's clearly not some conservative, bigoted homophobe. He doesn't feel the need to clarify or explain his friendship with Adam like a lot of guys would. In the same vein, Adam as a (presumed) gay man doesn't feel like he needs to hide his friendship with Kris because of some preconceived notions the gay community may have about him. They genuinely love and respect each other, and I think they'll be friends for a long time.

Ouch.

News - Clay Aiken Slams "Frightening" Adam Lambert: He Makes My "Ears Bleed" | Usmagazine.com

I feel like rolling my eyes, giving him a dismissive hand flap and calling him a bitter old queen. And then mussing his hair affectionately.

Also interesting:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05222009/tv/why_adam_lost_170409.htm

"The most intriguing report came from "Access Hollywood" host Billy Bush who, early yesterday, twittered the message:

"Source at the top says votes were NOT close on 'Idol.' Kris blew out Adam Lambert."

Now that I've had a chance to recoop from AI, I have realized a few things:

1. I realized that based on what I heard from tweens and teens, Adam was a little scary to them and on the older side so there was no appeal.

2. Most younger people want to belong to a website or look at there celebrity favorites on websites etc. Adams myspace page was shut down back in Feburary and if you Google images we all know what comes up. Even though I google him I wouldn't want my kids seeing some of his pictures.

3. I've heard people talking the past 2 days while I've been out and about and he disgusted alot of people with the eyeliner and polish.

I do think this is why he lost. But, I still love him!!! :heart:

And Clay Aiken who I used to like and wanted him to win during his AI stint is now history in my mind just because he based a fellow AI'er. I've lost all respect for him!

I watched the Larry King show (which was hosted by Ryan Seacrest tonight, thank goodness), and damned if lil' Kris Allen doesn't get cuter and more likable every time I see him.

Still don't want to buy his music, but I just want to hug that little guy.

I watched the Larry King show (which was hosted by Ryan Seacrest tonight, thank goodness), and damned if lil' Kris Allen doesn't get cuter and more likable every time I see him.

Still don't want to buy his music, but I just want to hug that little guy.

This. He and Adam have the greatest bromance ever.:cute: They're definitely close than the other contestants. Also, way to be an even bigger douche, Danny Gokey. Something tells me Kris was only half-joking when he called you a jerk.:down:

I also loved his response when asked about the "religious vote" or whatever, how he basically said he wasn't comfortable with that.

Then I laughed because he said "it's not like this is the presedential race." Oh, cutie. It shouldn't matter in that competition, either. C'mere, you. Lemme give you a big hug.

I am watching it now, the 9pm airing

and he said "religion should not matter, we are not running for President."

I guess he is a "true Christian'.

A word I don't need to hear again anytime soon "guyliner".

I'm just going to amuse myself with the Bromance for a while.

2qcjl6r.gif

I missed this when I watched it, but have since read reports that when Danny said he'd called Kris as the winner, Kris called Danny a jerk. He said he was kidding, but it sounds like he was most certainly not kidding. I love it.

Also, I just saw someone refer to Kris as Pocket Idol. I LOVE IT. :lol:

I'm just going to amuse myself with the Bromance for a while.

2qcjl6r.gif

I missed this when I watched it, but have since read reports that when Danny said he'd called Kris as the winner, Kris called Danny a jerk. He said he was kidding, but it sounds like he was most certainly not kidding. I love it.

Also, I just saw someone refer to Kris as Pocket Idol. I LOVE IT. :lol:

Yeah, I really don't think Kris necessarily meant that religion should matter in a presidential race, just that it usually does as it probably did during AI. Kris clearly isn't the type of Christian that feels his faith should be shoved in everyone's face. As for the hilarious "jerk" comment (which went 'youuuuuuu jerk' after Danny's comment), , it sounded partly like a sarcastic remark you make when a friend/acquaintance makes a rude comment that bothers you and you don't want to come off like an ass too. It wasn't malicious, but I think it did bother him.

I have to admit I wasn't paying attention to the song when he sang it after being annointed, but I've seen other people on the internet commenting "... hey, that studio version isn't so bad."

Don't worry that Adam hasn't won! He'll still get signed to someone. It's not the end of the word. Adam has what is known as PMA= Possitive Mental Attitude. He's always smiling which means he'll get far in life because he has th confidence to push himself and take risks. He won't let one little knock get to him. He'll get up, brush himself off and push forward. Statistics show that people with PMA are more successful because they realize knock backs are part of life and all the most successful people get many knock backs. They've got the balance between self confdence and modesty just right. They are good humoured. Adam is a very good humoured chap. When Ryan said to him last week " Simon got permission from Bono for you to do that song" he laughed! He don't take himself too seriously and he's willing to take risks. In the Radio Time a reviewer called Jack Seale that he was obviously the best singer with I quote his very words "pansexual alien gorgeousness Adam with the window-shattering voice". He also called last years runner up David Archuleta as pappy. Which I thought was funny considering the amount of moaning from his fans when he didn't win.

Randy can be annoying sometimes though. He has an uncanny knack of contradicting himself all in one breath. Comments like "I thought that was a train wreck but I thought you sang that very well" Eh? Which one is it? Good or bad? That's why I think he comes across as being insincere sometimes. And why does he start all his comments with "for me"? If it's true what it's saying than it will be the same for everyone. There's only one truth. He needs to be more certain. That's the reason why he's on the panel and not Martin Sheen because he's an expert in this field. What he says goes. Plus, what's with all the street talk? Check this out, way to go, Know what I'm saying, etc. Would he speak like that at a job interview? I think he lacks professional conduct Jack Seale called him: Randy "kinda pitchy, dawg" Jackson. Yet again, dawg isn't a real word that you'd find in the English dictionary

Last edited:
seriously, i don't think ANY of us are worried about Adam.. :huh: We all are pretty aware of his amazing talent and know that he will have fabulous career...No doubt about it..

I haven't stopped watching that clip since it surfaced. *is pathetic* Their friendship is just so... I don't even know.:heart:

So what does everybody think about this: Exclusive: Queen’s Brian May Addresses Adam Lambert Rumors : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

After Adam Lambert’s killer performance with Queen on Wednesday night’s season finale of American Idol, rumors flew that he had already been offered a job singing with the band. That’s slightly premature, according to the band’s guitarist, Brian May. “Amongst all that furor, there wasn’t really a quiet moment to talk,” May tells Rolling Stone in an e-mail interview. “But [drummer Roger Taylor] and I are definitely hoping to have a meaningful conversation with him at some point. It’s not like we, as Queen, would rush into coalescing with another singer just like that. It isn’t that easy. But I’d certainly like to work with Adam. That is one amazing instrument he has there.”

May, whose band recently ended a four-year-long partnership with singer Paul Rodgers, is comfortable with Idol as a launching point for the careers of rock singers. “You’d have to define ‘legitimate’ first,” he writes. “The long-term answer has to be that, if you have enough talent and enough will to succeed, you will get there by whatever route presents itself. Once you have scaled the castle walls, with the sword in your hand, it matters little
how you got there. I’ve not always been positive about shows like this, but there is no doubt that it offers a door to some real genuine talent along the way.”

“Both those boys are well worthy of big success,” May continues, in regard to Lambert and Idol winner Kris Allen. “So it’s pointless for someone like me to stand on the sidelines jeering. I’m confident Adam will make great use of this wonderful opportunity. I hope I’m there to see it.”​

Personally, I wouldn't mind to see him do a few shows with Queen! :hyper:

^And there were pics. on TMZ this morning of Adam, Kris, Daniel (Kris' brother), and possibly Neil (Adam's brother, you could only see the back of his head) eating dinner together last night after the Larry King taping. I've never seen anything like that (even families getting close) with Idol contestants before.:heart:

Back
Top Bottom