American Idol - Season 8: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't read it yet, but I flipped through the issue last night and was excited to see that it was by Rob Sheffield, whose writing I really enjoy.

Tonight’s finale lineup features performances from Steve Martin, Cyndi Lauper, Queen Latifah, Black Eyed Peas, Lionel Richie, Carlos Santana, David Cook, Jason Mraz and Keith Urban.

Idol duets will feature Allison Iraheta with Cyndi Lauper, Kris Allen with Keith Urban, Danny Gokey with Lionel Richie and Carlos Santana will perform with the Top 13. Rumor has it, Adam Lambert will perform with a rock band that is “sweet…too perfect.” KISS maybe?

Santana’s “Smooth” and Pink’s “So What” will be heard on the Idol stage tonight.

David Cook is set to perform the heart-wrenching “Permanent” as a tribute to his late brother Adam. The single will go on sale after the finale with proceeds funding David’s cancer charity.

This Just In:

• Rod Stewart has been added to the finale lineup tonight
• Anoop Desai and Megan Joy are singing Jason Mraz’s “I’m Yours” tonight. via twitter
• Tatiana Del Toro will appear on the finale, according to Paula Abdul. via top idol.
• Curt Smith of Tears for Fears was in the Idol audience last night–invited by Adam Lambert. Read Smith’s twitters. He calls “No Boundries” “God Awful” and says, “Fascinated by the Adam/Kris divide amongst friends and hating myself for it. It’s only a TV show designed to sell you things!!“
• Robert X. Sillerman, CEO of Idol parent company CKX anticipates signing both Adam Lambert and Kris Allen to record deals, but says, “I would not be surprised if…we signed more than two.” USA Today
• Nigel Lythgoe is NOT a fan of “No Boundaries”:“I didn”t like the final song that both guys had to sing. In truth their first songs were their best “Mad World” and “Ain’t No Sunshine.”” and “There are going to be some great guests tonight and I think it’s a close competition. The only downside is hearing the winner’s song again.“ As a side note, he says next year, SYTYCD will be moving to the fall permanently…via twitter

• Anoop Desai and Megan Joy are singing Jason Mraz’s “I’m Yours” tonight. via twitter

That's annoyingly cute considering that they are dating.

I may watch if my friends are willing to have a viewing party (for the celebs and not the contestants.) If not, I'll be on my PS3 all night. :wave:

Question is... will I be able to stay off the computer & websites to follow the east coast feed and wait for the west coast airing, or will I crack :shifty:

Overall, I think I have to give it to Adam. Kris has a nice voice and is a total cutie, but I don't think he should come out on top. Plus, he does this super annoying thing with his mouth when he sings.

I agree...but also...Adam does this super annoying thing with his tongue when he sings:|

I have a work thing tonight. How annoying is that. After following this season from the very first show - which I've never done before - I'll have to watch the finale on DVR. :angry:

I don't know if I'll go online or not tonight, but I definitely am not going to spoil myself in this thread or anywhere else.

I'm going straight from my work event to home and turning on the TV. I won't get home until around 11, though, but I'll be wound up from work and can't go to bed right away anyway. But I can't see how there can be any spoilers for me unless some asshole member of the general public that I'll be with gets a text message and shouts it out in which case somebody might get hurt.

And, like so many of their shows this season, will probably run long.

I know they have a bazillion viewers and bring in a bazillion dollars for the network every week, but rein that shit in, you guys. There's no reason you can't keep it to your allotted time slot.

Yeah, always set your DVR over the scheduled time when it comes to AI! You'll definitely miss something if you don't.

Watching the pre-show online :D

I'm watching a bad stream of it live online - that was pretty funny! Can't wait to see the actual show later...

yeah - the feed is coming thru pretty badly for me. I've missed the last 15 minutes eating dinner & watching the Cavs/Magic

Wow. That fucking sucks. I'm actually really disappointed right now. That's a real shame. Adam deserved it.

I agree with you GAF. But they were both very good. Maybe in the long run this will be better for Adam contractually speaking. :shrug: Congrats Kris! :up:

Can't wait to see the show later here. I missed a lot on the feed, especially Kiss & Queen

And I hope the winner has a better studio version of the single they want to release... As I have not heard that much yelling in a long time.

I have watched every season of Idol, and I have never been so uninterested in the winner. I have absolutely no curiosity to see what he's going to come up with or how his career is going to unfold. I just really don't care. In that sense, it's disappointing to have watched an entire season and end up feeling like that about the winner. However, Adam is going to be fine...and now he doesn't have to record that cheesy song as his first single!

Yes, but think about it, he will not have to record that shitty No Boundaries song.

That doesn't matter at all. If you're insinuating that he will get to keep some shred of his artistic dignity by not having to release that song...well...the guy was a contestant on friggin American Idol. Having to release a cheesy little one off wouldn't hurt anything. Plus, nobody really cares or pays attention to that post-Idol coronation single. The big thing is the full-length debut album.

This is the first time in 8 years that America has gotten it wrong, and I'm bummed. I'll be over it in about 10 minutes but still...this sucks.

Back
Top Bottom