American Idol - Season 8: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly don't care who wins or loses. It's no big deal who wins anymore, anyway.

I wouldn't count out the people in category #1; of course, I can only judge on what I've seen on these here interwebs (which, naturally, is by no means indicative of how people actually calling in to vote feel), and there are a lot of people who do not care for Adam's vocal stylings. Many of them think that yes, he's very talented, but just don't care for his voice.

Then again, who's to say how many of those people I read comments from are actually voting?

Gah, you could give yourself a stroke trying to analyze the voting habits of Idol viewers too deeply. I'd better stop now. ;)

From mjsbigblog...

4th Update: Kris Allen will perform “Ain’t No Sunshine” tonight as his personal pick. That’s according to our Kris spoiler, littlestd. Plus, according to joesplace, dress rehearsal has already started. They only let it about 100 people…

3rd Update: According to Reuters, the Kara DioGuardi penned winner’s song, “No Boundaries” will get it’s first airing on AOL’s Popeater, moments after the winner is announced…

2nd Update: According to ET Online, Steve Martin will be breaking out his banjo to perform a tune from his album of banjo music. No, I’m not kidding.

UPDATE: The FOX 5 song spoilers I posted may be wrong. I’m hearing that as of Sunday night, “Falling Slowly” and “Heartless” were not songs Kris Allen was rehearsing. My source is good.

Last year at this time, Maddy & I were lined up in downtown L.A. for the final competition between the Davids (Cook & Archuleta). :happy:

Re: those spoilers.

2nd update? That's seriously awesome.

3rd update? I'm totally rolling my eyes right now. Why am I not surprised to hear that they wrote the song?

5th Update: Paula Abdul tweets that she’s on her way to full dress rehearsal at the Nokia…so maybe we’ll be getting spoilers after all…

Just another way for people to remain oblivious to the fact that NOBODY CARES what they're doing right now.

I'm going to be in Canada tonight for one of my friend's birthdays. We're missing Idol which is upsetting, but we're DVR'ing it for tomorrow. Adam, FTW.:rockon: I called my mom and my grandparents and told them to get their dialing fingers ready.:love:

IT'S CARRIE!!!

Adam blew Kris out of the water and I hope he gets enough votes tonight to win.

I honestly don't care who wins or loses. It's no big deal who wins anymore, anyway.

I wouldn't count out the people in category #1; of course, I can only judge on what I've seen on these here interwebs (which, naturally, is by no means indicative of how people actually calling in to vote feel), and there are a lot of people who do not care for Adam's vocal stylings. Many of them think that yes, he's very talented, but just don't care for his voice.

Then again, who's to say how many of those people I read comments from are actually voting?

Gah, you could give yourself a stroke trying to analyze the voting habits of Idol viewers too deeply. I'd better stop now. ;)

Me voting!:wave:

Round one - first song

goes to Kris Allen, better song selection - more authentic performance

it was 88 degrees in L A today, why was Adam wearing an overcoat? :huh:

Kris takes one of the great Marvin Gaye songs
and makes it 2 dimensional.

He should not have played his wimpy guitar

Round 2 - Battleship Adama

I actually didn't think Kara's song was that bad. Either way, Adam sang it a lot better than Kris did. Kris seemed to be really struggling his way through that performance.

^I agree. I thought Kris's performance was kind of a trainwreck, actually.

Omg, that song that Kara co-wrote was just AWFUL! I felt so bad for both Adam and Kris having to sing that crap!

That song. Hideous. :down: I don't think Paula and Simon liked it very much either. Kara is a dork.

My left hand wants to vote for Adam, and my right hand wants to vote for Kris. It's a wash. I'm not going to vote and will let America decide. :crack:

I totally missed it tonight...what were the songs they sang?

Adam: Mad World, A Change Is Gonna Come
Kris: Ain't No Sunshine, What's Goin' On

Both sang the "coronation song" that Kara co-wrote.

Adam's second song was great. I was never a fan of 'What's Goin' On', but Kris performed it alright.

"Coronation song" = :der:

Adam: Mad World, A Change Is Gonna Come
Kris: Ain't No Sunshine, What's Goin' On

Both sang the "coronation song" that Kara co-wrote.

Adam's second song was great. I was never a fan of 'What's Goin' On', but Kris performed it alright.

"Coronation song" = :der:

thanks Lila

Man, that Idol winner song gets worse and worse every year, doesn't it? That was utter crap, and neither of them sang it well.

I totally laughed to see all the dry ice around Adam during his first song. Overall, I think I have to give it to Adam. Kris has a nice voice and is a total cutie, but I don't think he should come out on top. Plus, he does this super annoying thing with his mouth when he sings.

It HAS to be Adam. I can't stand Kris' voice! When he sings I can't even figure out what the melody is supposed to be.

Those last songs were so bad I feel bad they had to sing them. *pukes*

Man, that Idol winner song gets worse and worse every year, doesn't it? That was utter crap, and neither of them sang it well.

I totally laughed to see all the dry ice around Adam during his first song. Overall, I think I have to give it to Adam. Kris has a nice voice and is a total cutie, but I don't think he should come out on top. Plus, he does this super annoying thing with his mouth when he sings.

QFT

I like Adam's drama. He's fun. My friend and I were howling. Did you read this Rolling Stone piece?

How Adam Lambert Single-Handedly Saved “American Idol” : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily
He’s easily the most fun Idol ever, a flam-bam-boyantly queeny California boy who has devoted his nights to making Midwestern housewives slobber into their tubs of Ben & Jerry’s Karamel Sutra. Whether he’s slutting up a rocker like “Born to Be Wild” (”wiii-eeee-iiyaaaiild!”) or sobbing his way through “Mad World,” he oozes pure awesome-stosterone.

... Glambert plays off the new gay stereotype that has been reality TV’s gift to our culture: the hyperfunctional gay dude who has his shit together in contrast to all the neurotic, insecure straight guys around him. He reverses the joke from Mean Girls — he’s too gay not to function. Somewhere along the line, this has become an iconic gay image in the mainstream — seen more recently in I Love You, Man, where the only person with any confidence is the gay Andy Samberg character, who gets to be strong while all the straight boys are sulky little bitches. …

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom