American Idol - Season 8: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reading around the net it seems so far that we'll have Carrie Underwood, David Cook, Queen Latifah, the Black Eyed Peas, and Keith Urban.

...and Lionel Richie, Cyndi Lauper. I think these two will be the only people I'd tune into watch. I like Carrie too.

Jason Mraz has announced via his official website that he’ll be a “special guest performer” on this Wednesday’s American Idol finale.

Mraz joins a list of artists who’ve already been announced: David Cook, Lionel Richie, Carlos Santana, Cyndi Lauper, Queen Latifah, Black Eyed Peas and Keith Urban.

UPDATE: Keith Urban will be dueting with Kris Allen

Rumors are currently flying around the internets that Idol producers are trying to set up David Bowie to duet with Adam Lambert.

The band KISS is also rumored to appear.

UPDATE: Keith Urban will be dueting with Kris Allen, Cyndi Lauper with Allison Iraheta.

The producers are trying to get as many Idol winners back on the finale as possible…

David Bowie duetting with Adam would be cool. I'm remarkedly underwhelmed by the other guest appearances. Kiss? Keith Urban? :barf:

Adam Lambert and Kris Allen, gearing up for tonight’s final, spoke with the press yesterday from outside the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles.

Both Kris and Adam aren’t having any of the culture war nonsense the press is trying to drum up, stressing that the competition should be about singing.

In other news, a FOX 5 reporter spilled the beans about what favorite Idol performances they’d be singing tonight. For Adam, it will be “Mad World” with “a twist.” and Kris is still deciding between “Heartless” and “Falling Slowly” but is leaning towards the latter

My local news showed Bo Bice performing a song (solo/on guitar) in downtown L.A. this morning (home to the Nokia Theater).

:hyper:

I hope he doesn't do it again - he just sang the damned thing, and it's fresh in people's memories.

If he's smart, he'll reprise one of his songs where he stayed in the subtle category ("Tracks of My Tears" or "Mad World"). A lot of the people who dislike Adam dislike him because of the screeching. Too much more screeching will just drive more people to vote for Kris.

I was talking about 'Mad World' it pales, compared to Gary Jules version that is not that old, and has been on dozens of t v shows, commercials and movies.
It worked best as the closing sequence of Donnie Darko. (nothing like the first time ! )

But, if the average IDOL voter is 14, it may be 'new' to them. :shrug:

However, I did read an article and the average of IDOL viewer this year is closer to my age. :huh:

Oh, I thought you were talking about One, and I thought I was in that thread in the other part of the forum. :lol:

I hear you, though - I thought his version of Mad World was okay, but totally not worth such overpraise from the judges. Although they've done nothing but give him a massive tongue bath most of the season.

Fewer than a million votes - out of some 90 million cast for three contenders - separated Adam and Kris during the last round of voting.

Read more: "'American Idol' duel: Glam Adam Lambert takes on red-state Kris Allen in blockbuster election finale" -

Where do you think the (okie) Gokey fans are going?

They will decide the winner.

Could we have an upset?

I could easily see an upset, for a pretty wide variety of reasons:

1. those who just plain don't care for Adam's style of singing
2. tween girls who prefer the non-threatening cute boy
3. Idol fans irritated with the judges over-the-top pimping of Adam
4. people who want to be entertained by the ensuing internet drama of Adam losing
5. the dumbass losers who will vote for Kris because ZOMG TEH GAY

I mentioned this last week, but I honestly think that if Kris does win, it's more likely because of reasons 1-3.

People who want the drama (i.e., those actually following Vote For the Worst or other sites) don't actually constitute a large number of votes (or so I've heard).

And call me Little Miss Polly Sunshine, but I don't honestly think the number of assholes people in category #5 would be enough to do damage by themselves. In conjunction with the other categories, sure. But I'm already dreading the shitstorm of "Homophobes Ruined It" if Adam does lose.

I could easily see an upset, for a pretty wide variety of reasons:

1. those who just plain don't care for Adam's style of singing
2. tween girls who prefer the non-threatening cute boy
3. Idol fans irritated with the judges over-the-top pimping of Adam
4. people who want to be entertained by the ensuing internet drama of Adam losing
5. the dumbass losers who will vote for Kris because ZOMG TEH GAY

I think I might have mentioned earlier that I fall in your category #4 (drama-seeker), but I really actually don't. I hope there isn't an upset. Adam deserves to win this thing. He's been the star of the show all year. But I guess we still have one more performance night (in 3 and a half hours :hyper:) and we should see what goes down. Theoretically, if Adam comes out and like forgets all the words to all of his songs or something then I guess Kris deserves it. But, avoiding all disasters, Adam should be and most likely will be the Idol.

Seriously, I'd say he would get 60-75% of Gokey voters.

And if only one million out of 90 million was the difference last week. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom