American Idol - Season 8: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have watched every season of Idol, and I have never been so uninterested in the winner. I have absolutely no curiosity to see what he's going to come up with or how his career is going to unfold. I just really don't care. In that sense, it's disappointing to have watched an entire season and end up feeling like that about the winner. However, Adam is going to be fine...and now he doesn't have to record that cheesy song as his first single!

I agree, Bonochick.

Adam really stole the show tonight, though. I couldn't stop squeeing throughout his performance with KISS.
:applaud:

And
tomorrow, all people will be talking about is how Adam lost. They'll be going Kris who? Just look at twitter!
:

Dear America, EPIC FUCKING FAIL!!!! Adam is hands down the most talented contestant ever to grace the stage of AI. He's far too good for the show. It's clear the religious vote is what swayed this contest. I think Kris knew it, and he's quite possibly the least enthused winner I've ever seen. I find him absolutely average as a performer, but he's a great guy, and I know he and Adam are extremely close. Kris even mentioned a few days ago that he'd be upset if he ended up winning because of a religion vote. He basically said Adam deserved to win after Ryan announced he'd won.

So was there an anti-gay vote that helped sway the vote?

:rolleyes: Give me a break. When Danny was voted out no one claimed it was the anti-Christian vote that got him off the stage. It's simple. Danny fans were more likely to vote for Kris than Adam based on muscial styles.

Dear America, EPIC FUCKING FAIL!!!! Adam is hands down the most talented contestant ever to grace the stage of AI. He's far too good for the show. It's clear the religious vote is what swayed this contest. I think Kris knew it, and he's quite possibly the least enthused winner I've ever seen. I find him absolutely average as a performer, but he's a great guy, and I know he and Adam are extremely close. Kris even mentioned a few days ago that he'd be upset if he ended up winning because of a religion vote. He basically said Adam deserved to win after Ryan announced he'd won.

:applaud:

:rolleyes: Give me a break. When Danny was voted out no one claimed it was the anti-Christian vote that got him off the stage. It's simple. Danny fans were more likely to vote for Kris than Adam based on muscial styles.

I am not trying to start a fight. It is a legitimate question because I have seen that argument on other sites. Kris won because he does have talent and it does help that he does have the cute boy looks.

Oh and deep, if you did not want to know who the winner was, why come in to this thread?

I am surprisingly ok. Yeah, Adam should have won, but I can't hate Kris. He's also very talented and of course a total sweetheart. I can now watch the show for the awesomness that will be Adam and Kiss and of course Queen! I feel bad for Kris because the story will be about how Adam lost, not that he won. Oh and he has to sing that craptastic single.

I'm happy. I didn't really care either way, but I'm waaaaay more pleased with this outcome. Plus, I loved seeing Jason Mraz, but I wish he could have done a song alone/not have done "I'm Yours". I just hope the winner doesn't fade into obscurity like some others.

I don't really care which one of them wins, because in the end it doesn't really matter. But i do think that if Adam doesn't win, it is absolutely because he is gay. Anyone who doesn't think so is in denial about the ridiculous amount of prejudice that exists in our country.

I prefer Kris because his voice doesn't grate on me. He could be the most flamboyant man on earth, and I would prefer to listen to him regardless. I'm sure I don't represent all Kris voters, especially since I didn't even vote last night (hardly an earmark of the average Kris voter), but perhaps it's comforting to know that at least one of us isn't doggedly homophobic.

Santana one of the most solid musicians to come out of the 70s is still going strong.

KISS was a joke band, anyone with grease paint and pyrotechnics could stand in for them.

It is great to see Brian May :up:

I saw all these guys live in the 70s, including Rod Steward with the Faces (Ronnie Wood) He was sad, tonight.

Hey, I was right! I knew it wouldn't take long for the ZOMG HOMOPHOBIA RUINED IT brigade to come in. Were some of the votes likely from douchebags? Yeah. Did it determine the outcome? We'll never know. But I seriously doubt it.

I'm very surprised. But seriously - is there any doubt that Adam's going to be successful anyway?

I do feel bad for Kris, because all the talk will be about Adam losing instead of him winning.

Ooh, and speaking of ZOMG HOMOPHOBIA, I heard some dirt that Danny "does not approve" of Adam's lifestyle. If true: Epic fail, dude. I thought you looked like you might be a douchebag.

Kris will be forgotten. I didnt even remember his name until a couple of weeks ago. :reject: Adam will have a great career.

Back
Top Bottom