American Idol - Season 8: Part 2 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:00 PM
I want Kris to win purely because the reactions of the Disciples of Adam would be hilarious.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
↑ agreed

I know most of you weren't Danny fans, but there are some video clips here from after the show with the judges talking to Danny, as well as Danny's interview on American Idol Extra.

Danny Gokey - American Idol Extra - VIDEO | mjsbigblog

-Idol bootee Danny Gokey sits down with American Idol Extra’s Jillian Reynolds and Ace Young, and finally, with the threat of elimination no longer looming, he’s free to be himself.

Having kept all his impulses bottled up for weeks, Danny literally lets loose a torrent of words on all those subjects that became taboo during the competition–his wife, his desire to inspire people, the kids foundation he started in his late wife’s Sophia’s name.

It’s obvious he’s been reading about himself online.

In part one, Paula is practically hysterical as she’s hugging on the Idol stage after his singout. And Danny joins Jillian part-way through her interview with Idol producer, Ken Warwick.

You can even see Jillian get choked up after the show when she does a brief onstage interview with Danny
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Another interview stated that Simon Cowell thought that “Heartless” was the best performance of the entire season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also from mjsbigblog
I don't dislike Danny, but I do think he came off as trying to hard to be likable and fun, and it came off as such. I think that's great that he's using his wife's memory in a positive way. I love the story about the Allen and Lambert families. The two guys have become really tight, and I guess their families have too. Last night, Adam had every nail except his right thumb nail painted and Kris only had his right thumb nail painted in the dark blue/black shade Adam wears all the time.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #18
War Child

Local Time: 08:00 PM
Thanks for the studio version of One. Are those made available on iTunes? I haven't kept myself in the loop w/ regard to that.

I couldn't be happier with the final 2. I always liked Kris and felt he deserved to be there. I've even gotten over my aversion to his odd-mouth singing style. I do believe Adam will win and feel he should. (not that it would matter he'd still be a star) This has been the most enjoyable season I've watched. We saw a lot of talent.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by karinlv View Post
Thanks for the studio version of One. Are those made available on iTunes? I haven't kept myself in the loop w/ regard to that.
Yup, the studio downloads and video of the performances are available every week on iTunes.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:00 PM
Maddy was bummed that Kris' version of Heartless on iTunes is not the same as the acoustic one he performed live. It has more of the band on it, which she would have not preferred (she bought it last night I believe)
Old 05-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Maddy was bummed that Kris' version of Heartless on iTunes is not the same as the acoustic one he performed live. It has more of the band on it, which she would have not preferred (she bought it last night I believe)
I have an mp3 of the performance version of Heartless if you're interested?

I must say, I am practically giddy at this final. I love me some Adam, but I'd still be OK with Kris winning so I am quite excited for Tuesday and Wednesday.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:00 PM
Yes, I'd love that! Maddy will be thrilled! Thanks!

(Please PM it to me if you can)
Old 05-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaming june View Post
Much better than the live version!
That version was 1000x's better.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 05-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
↑ agreed

I know most of you weren't Danny fans, but there are some video clips here from after the show with the judges talking to Danny, as well as Danny's interview on American Idol Extra.

Danny Gokey - American Idol Extra - VIDEO | mjsbigblog

-Idol bootee Danny Gokey sits down with American Idol Extra’s Jillian Reynolds and Ace Young, and finally, with the threat of elimination no longer looming, he’s free to be himself.

Having kept all his impulses bottled up for weeks, Danny literally lets loose a torrent of words on all those subjects that became taboo during the competition–his wife, his desire to inspire people, the kids foundation he started in his late wife’s Sophia’s name.

It’s obvious he’s been reading about himself online.

In part one, Paula is practically hysterical as she’s hugging on the Idol stage after his singout. And Danny joins Jillian part-way through her interview with Idol producer, Ken Warwick.

You can even see Jillian get choked up after the show when she does a brief onstage interview with Danny
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Another interview stated that Simon Cowell thought that “Heartless” was the best performance of the entire season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also from mjsbigblog

That's really a class act by the 2 moms. They love their sons and thats what it comes down to.

If Simon thought that Heartless was the best, then why didn't he give Kris a standing O like he did for Adam? Makes one ponder.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #26
War Child

Thanks for the info..I need that version and I wouldn't mind having Kris' 'Heartless' either. I didn't like that song til he did it the other night. It was hot. And I don't say that, lol.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

A really sweet story someone posted on Idolforums that's from a Kris Allen fansite. I may not like Kris as a performer, but they seem like genuine friends that actually want each other to do well.

Quote:
his story was shared by a friend of the Allen Family who attended the rehearsals this week in LA!

Did you notice Kris had his thumbnail repainted? Can you guess who painted it? That's right! Adam Lambert! Kris performed during Rock week with a painted thumbnail, and his homecoming footage captured the chipped polish. Tuesday night, however, Kris performed one of the best performances of the night (and the season, might I add) with a freshly painted thumbnail.

According to Megan Malone, Adam painted Kris's thumbnail after the homecoming visits and removed the polish from one of his own nails, stating "If you can carry around a piece of me, man; I can do the same for you." Malone said, "The Allens believe Kris wears the black fingernail polish in support of Adam because he wanted Adam in the finale. Also, Kris wanted to dispel any rumors claiming the two weren’t great friends." Kris and Adam were roommates in the Idol Mansion throughout their stay.

Thanks Megan for sharing the sweet story!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:20 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
A really sweet story someone posted on Idolforums that's from a Kris Allen fansite. I may not like Kris as a performer, but they seem like genuine friends that actually want each other to do well.
Their bromance is the cutest thing ever.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:21 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post
That version was 1000x's better.
I was so relieved when I heard it. Very nice rendition, kinda halfway between the original and Mary J Blige's version.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
And this is why I love this guy!

Tags
american idol