American Idol - Season 8: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha, no, no I'm not. I've been swept in by the Kradam mania. They're awesome. After watching those videos and such and seeing how they've handled everything...how can you not like Kradam?

June 6th works for me.

Also, I'm going to download this studio version of No Boundaries and I'll come back with a detailed review of it.

June 6th works for me.

Also, I'm going to download this studio version of No Boundaries and I'll come back with a detailed review of it.

Sweet. Luckily, I have my dress picked out already. As for "No Boundaries", as much as I love my man Adam, I can't even bring myself to download that steaming pile of shit. I have all his other recordings, but I can't handle that.

If anyone is ripping down the Clay Aiken posters from their bedroom walls because of what he said the other day, he's apologizing now.

I would not venture to make judgements on the personality or demeanor of anyone I don't know, so none of what I said in my previous blog was directed as a "slam" on Adam as a person. At the same time, I wouldn't dream of slamming him as an entertainer.

If you say so, buddy.

Of course, this has to be taken with a grain of salt since it's just a story, but I see no reason to doubt it's truth...

Kris Allen - TWoP Forums

Okay, so being from Little Rock definitely has its perks. My mom heard from a lady who's niece is good friends with Katy (Kris' wife) that Adam approached Kris' dad and complimented him on "how he raised him" saying: "He's the only Christian I've met that hasn't judged me." and that he "genuinely loves and accepts me for who I am." Of course I'm only hearing this through the grapevine, but I totally believe it.

Haha, no, no I'm not. I've been swept in by the Kradam mania. They're awesome. After watching those videos and such and seeing how they've handled everything...how can you not like Kradam?

Kradam is the next generation Bedge. These guys are potentially even more touchy feely than the B-man and Edge. Check out the Kradam community on livejournal.

There's another clip from backstage after the final performance night where Paula hugs the two guys and she kissed Kris then Adam kissed Kris right on his ear. :love:

Dana

I don't know if that hear say remark is true or not.

But, it seems correct, majority of Christian based churches are over concerened with sin and would believe Adam's life style is sinful.

Of course many of you posting in here may associate with church groups that do hold those beliefs, but they are in the minority.

Of course, this has to be taken with a grain of salt since it's just a story, but I see no reason to doubt it's truth...

Kris Allen - TWoP Forums

So then maybe he'll get to meet me on Tuesday and that'll be another one! :loveshower:

When I told people that I liked him and wanted him to win most people said do you know he's gay? My response would be so what I love him anyway!

People must realize that they can't throw stones and regardless what your beliefs are we are all sinners in one capacity or another.

It is kind of too bad this devolved into 'religious' verses 'gay?" question for some people.

I really don't think Kris or Adam gave any thought to it, to them it was just a singing competition.

I think a lot of people got invested in Adam because they wanted a more 'accepting' and 'tolerant' America.

Yes, Adam has a lot of talent, but I just don't think his style of singing with the 'screeching and screaming' is as 'listenable' as Kris'.

Yes, Adam has a lot of talent, but I just don't think his style of singing with the 'screeching and screaming' is as 'listenable' as Kris'.

Perhaps, not for the average AI viewer who's more plugged into typical mainstream, top 40-esque music. Kris fits into that niche much more easily than Adam. His classic, glam rock sound isn't something that's been heard much in the past 30-odd years.

This is definitely what it is for me and my friends. I don't care if he's gay, straight, bisexual, Christian, Satanist, white, black, green, or blue. I just don't like his style of singing. It definitely is a talent, but not something that I find enjoyable to the ears. One of the songs he did on the finale (I don't remember which one it was), he did little to no screeching in the beginning and it was beautiful. But then he had to start up with his 'trademark' and just turned me off.

Perhaps, not for the average AI viewer who's more plugged into typical mainstream, top 40-esque music. Kris fits into that niche much more easily than Adam. His classic, glam rock sound isn't something that's been heard much in the past 30-odd years.

Thus, the reason why I like it!

And....a friend of mine has a sister who works for the Today show and got her and I VIP passes for the performances of Adam and Kris. Can't wait! :applaud:

Thus, the reason why I like it!

And....a friend of mine has a sister who works for the Today show and got her and I VIP passes for the performances of Adam and Kris. Can't wait! :applaud:

Lucky! :drool: When is this? Is there some resource that lists all of their appearances?

Lucky! :drool: When is this? Is there some resource that lists all of their appearances?

May 27th Regis and Kelly
May 28th the Today Show Live 11-12
May 28th Mike & Juliet 9-10
May 28th a performance that was taped on the 25th to be aired on the CBS Morning show.

Thats all I have for now!

NY Times

May 27, 2009
AT&T May Have Swayed ‘Idol’ Results
By EDWARD WYATT

LOS ANGELES — AT&T, one of the biggest corporate sponsors of “American Idol,” might have influenced the outcome of this year’s competition by providing phones for free text-messaging services and lessons in casting blocks of votes at parties organized by fans of Kris Allen, the Arkansas singer who was the winner of the show last week.

Representatives of AT&T, whose mobile phone network is the only one that can be used to cast “American Idol” votes via text message, provided the free text-messaging services at two parties in Arkansas after the final performance episode of “American Idol” last week, according to the company and people at the events.

There appear to have been no similar efforts to provide free texting services to supporters of Adam Lambert, who finished as the runner-up to Mr. Allen.

Since then, angry supporters of Mr. Lambert have flooded online chat boards with messages claiming irregularities in the competition’s voting.

Officials of Fox Broadcasting declined to discuss the situation. In a statement issued Tuesday, a spokesman for AT&T said, “In Arkansas, we were invited to attend the local watch parties organized by the community. A few local employees brought a small number of demo phones with them and provided texting tutorials to those who were interested.”

Details of the voting support were first reported last week in an article in The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

Representatives of AT&T helped fans of Mr. Allen at the two Arkansas events by providing instructions on how to send 10 or more text messages at the press of a single button, known as power texts. Power texts have an exponentially greater effect on voting than do single text messages or calls to the show’s toll-free phone lines. The efforts appear to run afoul of “American Idol” voting rules in two ways. The show broadcasts an on-screen statement at the end of each episode warning that blocks of votes cast using “technical enhancements” that unfairly influence the outcome of voting can be thrown out.

And the show regularly states that text voting is open only to AT&T subscribers and is subject to normal rates.

I heard a rumor yesterday that Adam was going to be on the cover of Rolling Stone. Could be bullshit, could be true. We shall see ....

Back
Top Bottom