American Idol - Season 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, I don't know about this "contestant cam" bullshit.

I'm probably the only person in the country watching this right now.

God, this show is funny.

I loved Randy's reaction to her.

"Baby this is not your vibe. This is not your groove right here."

Oh. My. God.

It had to happen eventually-a Seacrest wannabe.

Given their running jokes about Seacrest, if "The Soup" doesn't talk about this on next week's show (I'm guessing they won't tonight, unless they get advance screening or something of the show), I'm going to be really disappointed :p.

There we go. Thanks :). Yeah, I hope she goes farther, I'd like to see what she can do.

Oh, dear god, what the hell is happening on my TV now?

Stop.

So...he claims he sounds like Chris Daughtry (where he got THAT idea, I don't know), which naturally explains him doing a Jason Mraz song :huh:.

He was great, wow. Definitely impressed with him, as a performer, more than anyone on the show tonight. Killer guitar player, strong vocals.

Phillip Phillips. Another name to remember. Season's off to a fast start. Let's go.

I like the guitar guy too

That woman who felt up Steven's butt must have been thinking about this...

article-2081537-0F530CBA00000578-318_468x906.jpg

:lol: That's all I could think of when I saw that whole segment, too! Eh, to each their own, though.

Felt bad for that 17 year old last night who talked about his mom leaving his family and his dad being sick and them living in a shelter and stuff. I'm glad he's getting a chance.

And that guy who sang "Hallelujah"-I'm kinda surprised he didn't go through, I didn't think he sounded too bad. Definitely needed some work, but heck, I've seen people go through who I thought sounded worse/more annoying. Maybe if he'd gone with his performance of "In the Still of the Night", 'cause he sounded good on that.

Steven seems like a good guy though, now that's he's gotten himself straightened out. I watched the Oprah interview with him on OWN, they did it at his house on the lake in Sunapee, NH. It was an interesting interview and made me like him even more. AI brings out the nice side of him too-even with the pervy stuff added in.

:bump:

Is anybody else still watching this wacky shit?

The Top 13 started tonight.

And I've done it again. I've fallen in love with another girl on American Idol. Hollie Cavanagh. Good god, is she an incredible singer. And beyond cute. Total sweetheart. Huge voice. I haven't liked an Idol contestant this much in years. Probably since Brooke White back in Season 7. And I didn't like Brooke as much as I like Hollie. Because, let's face it...Brooke didn't have the big vocals. Hollie does. Let's go.

Oh, and she's originally from England! And every once in a while her English accent sneaks out! My god. Ok, enough of that.

Jessica Sanchez did a great job with "I Will Always Love You." And I knew that if she could nail the vocal, she'd get a standing ovation from the judges and it would put her right at the top as the favorite to win the whole thing. I mean, it's such a powerful and iconic song, and if you get it right, there's no touching it. It's still early, but her performance tonight probably kept her safe from elimination for at least a couple of months. (Especially if they still have the "judges save" thing.)

I'm kind of mad about it, though. I almost feel that whoever got to sing "I Will Always Love You" had a bit of an unfair advantage over the others. A great performance of that song is going to be more memorable than a great performance of just about any other song. Just because. I feel like Hollie could have had that same "moment" if she'd only been lucky enough enough to get "I Will Always Love You." Or if the producers had given it to her. Whatever.

Phillip Phillips is talented, except his whole act is a huge ripoff. The dude is straight-up doing a Dave Matthews impersonation the entire time he's performing. The voice, the way he moves, even the way he holds his guitar. It's ridiculous.

Skylar Laine is very good, too. I like her a lot. Probably my second favorite behind Hollie. I've seen a lot of female "country" singers over the years on this show, and there's something different about her. She's unlike any other country girl they've had on this show. More authentic. She just has a really good country music voice. At least in my view. And she's got a lot of goofy energy.

Colton sucks. Heejun is funny. Joshua Ledet is probably the best of the male vocalists.

And I'll stop talking now. Thanks for letting me get all that off my chest. I probably could have written three times as much, but there you go.

I was wondering that, too! Glad I'm not alone.

I liked that "I Will Always Love You" performance, too, that was definitely one of the strongest ones of the evening. And Philip-I haven't really observed his performances closely enough to compare him to Dave, but I didn't mind his performance tonight, too-it was certainly lively enough. Though he, and the rest of the contestants, could do well to learn that you don't have to scream/shout/screech every note. Tone it down sometimes (see the "I Will Always Love You" performance as an example). I did have to agree with Randy when he said to the girl who sang "I'm Your Baby Tonight" that it sounded like she was boxing or fighting or whatever. That's the perfect description of it.

I think I'd have to agree with you about Joshua, and Heejun...I thought he was all right tonight. At the very least, I loved the musical arrangement for his song choice.

There's one girl my mom was really rooting for on here-I can't remember who it was, though. I'll have to ask her. I know she's not a huge fan of Skylar-something about her attitude or something seems to put her off. I don't have an opinion on her yet one way or another, myself.

I hate Elise. Terrible attitude. Pouty, desperate, high maintenance. She needs to go.

:wave: I'm watching too!

The " I Will Alway Love You" performance was outstanding. As it got towards the end, I was almost holding my breath to see if she would hit the notes. She did. I agreed with Randy that it is one of the most difficult songs to sing, and she nailed it.

Heejun was funny, so that should keep him in for a while. He is a good singer, but the audience doesn't always vote on that. He is memorable, so that will help him out.

I'm in the middle on Phillip. I liked his performance, but thought it was a bit screechy. He is unique, so it was fun to watch.

I always skim through the DVR to see if there is any actual talent on this show.

Jessica is the best.
Hollie is the hottest.
Colton is the worst.
Skylar is the winner.

Back
Top Bottom