American Idol - Season 11 - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:01 PM
I don't know. I don't think she'll win either, but she's pretty good, and like I said in my tl;dr post...she's unique. And a lot of people that watch American Idol love country music.

She could get pretty far.

The way the judges are talking right now, and the way it looks, it could easily be a Hollie vs. Jessica showdown in the final, though.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #32
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:01 PM
Drama

'American Idol' Contestant Jermaine Jones -- History of Violence, Deception, Bullying | TMZ.com

Old 03-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Didn't see that coming.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Doesn't this sort of thing happen often on this show? You'd think by now "Idol" would have done something to avoid little scandals like this constantly popping up.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I almost think they do it on purpose at this point. Nigel loves his "drama" and they need the ratings.

Jessica Sanchez has pipes. Damn. And, yes Philip Phillips has a Dave Matthews thing going, but it's still better than the rest of the snoozefest that are the guys on this show. Colton could be intersting, but first I'd need to shave his head. That damn skunk strip is awful.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
I almost think they do it on purpose at this point. Nigel loves his "drama" and they need the ratings.
True. Rather pathetic if that's the case, though-think of all the people who could be there instead who don't have criminal backgrounds and are good singers. Ah, well.

My question for tonight: why, of all the songs these people could choose from their birth years, are so many of them doing remakes of songs that originally came out years ago? Yeah, the remakes came out in their birth years, but still...there's tons of original music that also came out in those years, too.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Hollie is the cutest thing on two legs.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

I like her, too . I think she's my favorite of the girls. Jessica's good, too.

Have to agree with Randy on Heejun. Vocally, not the best performance, no, but he did have fun with it. And I'm generally more favorable on the girls than I am the guys this season, but if I HAD to pick, Philip's probably the best of the guys-at least he tries to change things up a bit with the song choices every now and again.

It really strikes me weird when I hear the judges say they don't know certain songs-Steven said that with one of the Billy Joel songs tonight, and they've said it before about other ones on the show. I'm younger than them and I know these songs.

Also, Billy Joel's made some great music, he really has.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

I like Heejun's attitude...the fact that he can poke fun at the ridiculousness of this show he's on...but he's just not a good enough singer.

Yeah, I agree, I like me a few Billy Joel tunes. He's not somebody that I listen to regularly on my own, but I had a friend in high school who played his albums a lot in the car and I got to know the stuff pretty well.

Elise was really good tonight...probably the best so far...but I'm still not a big fan.

Ugh, and here comes Jessica with her overblown bullshit. I really don't like this chick, and she's probably gonna win the entire competition. Fuck.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #40
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I hate it.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post

Elise was really good tonight...probably the best so far...but I'm still not a big fan.
Jimmy said he didn't understand why she was in the bottom 3 last week when she gave such a killer performance. I can tell him. I think it's because a lot of viewers are seeing what I'm seeing: a bad attitude. She's got a great attitude when she performs well and gets good feedback. But she cannot take criticism and she is also not generous with the other performers. She's the kind who gets voted off and then tells the camera what a mistake they've made, how she's going to show them, etc., instead of being grateful for the experience and losing graciously. She's a good singer (though I find that type tiresome) but I hope she goes home soon.

I think Erika is my favorite right now just because she's mature, has a great voice, goes against type, and is kind of an underdog. I think she needed a makeover but I'm not completely crazy about the new look which was a bit too dramatic. I see her as classy, not Pink-ish.

Philip is proving to be interesting, too. Kind of hate the Dave Matthews schtick but I like him as a person.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

I don't really hear the Dave Matthews thing all that much that everyone's talking about-I get it a little, but I don't think it's THAT obvious a comparison.

But yeah, he's one of the more memorable guys this season. I also agree with you, Sicy, I like the original look better.

joyfulgirl is right, too-some contestants over the years have gotten to arguing directly with the judges and getting all high and mighty and cocky and it really turns me off when they do that. Sure, the judges can be wrong, definitely, and yeah, it's really confusing when the judges say that they need to change things up a bit, but then when the contestants do just that, the judges complain that they're "losing who they are" by going outside their comfort zone or musical style. So I fully understand contestants being a little irritated sometimes and all that, and I've no problem with them discussing some critiques of themselves with the judges-how else will you learn, right?

But for christ's sake, you've got TV reality show level fame right now. You're not a top selling star yet. There's ways to bring up disagreement with judges on something without acting like a snotty, unappreciative, "I-know-more-than-you" brat.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Seacrest with a Hunger Games reference at the top of the show! Ha!

Hollie looks hawt tonight. Let's go.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Skylar doing Miranda Lambert is just about perfect. That's totally who she's trying to be. Great song choice. One of Miranda's best.

(Unfortunately, she's still a level or two below Miranda...)
Old 03-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, fuck. Hollie's singing a Carrie song. Be still my heart.