American Idol - Season 10: New judges. Same amount of awesome.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy fucking shit, Simon officially picked Cheryl for the U.S. X Factor panel.

Chezza is comin to America. Wow.

I don't even know what to say. Or think. Or do. I'd been expecting it, but what happens now? This is going to be so fucking bizarre.

I never thought any of the Aloud would ever become American celebrities. And now Cheryl's going to be thrust into it. People are going to fall in love with her. At least I hope they do. Yeah, they will. How can you not?

Maybe now they'll start stocking Girls Aloud CDs in Best Buy or something. Everything has changed.

Is anyone still watching? I'm still only paying attention to who gets kicked off. Glad to finally see Jacob go.

That's awesome - and surprising - about Cheryl.

First time in all seasons that I didn't like or want to root for a single person in the final 5. This has been a disappointing group for me. Sticking it out til the finale though since the show is still sometimes entertaining.

I'm hoping they change the voting so that America only decides who is the bottom 3 or whatever, and then the judges can make a decision who goes home. Or any other idea they can come up with besides putting good singer's careers in the thumbs of little girls everywhere.

I'd say that's an overstatement, since everyone knows you don't need to win this thing to have a career. (Which kind of takes any suspense out of it anyway. If you don't need to win to put out a record, what's the fun in watching til the end?)

But I agree with the sentiment.

I caught a bit of the show tonight, and did not care for Haley singing that Shirley Bassey (?) song.

Jordin Sparks did it on the show her season, and she killed it. Haley was too shouty.

/drive by random opinion

I haven't been watching much at all, but I cannot fucking believe that Scotty dude is still in this thing. And, according to the few times I've checked DialIdol, he gets by far the most votes. What the fuck? Dude comes off like a complete fake, and I'm just not impressed him with at all. Maybe I've missed the episodes where he's actually been a compelling performer?

I do like Haley a lot, though I'm pretty sure she'll be going home tomorrow night. I'd love to see her in the finals, and if she won? That'd be the best Idol winner for me since Jordin.

The James dude really just seems like a discount Adam Lambert.

Holy shit, Haley didn't go home?

Hellz yes. Two girls in the Top 3? Fuck yeah.

THE VOTERS ARE BIASED AGAINST FEMALES! WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH!

That's who I'd pick out of the three. The other two are just so bland.

(granted, I've only seen bits and pieces throughout the season. But it's easy to spot bland even when seeing just bits and pieces.)

also cannot believe Scotty is still in the running! sure he has a voice, but he is just downright BORING! but reckon he will probably win though... sadly

noo.. if scotty wins I am so done with this show.. His voice is limited, not much range IMO.. And he can't sing most everything in terms of other styles/types of music.. He has country and that's about it. And yes he is BORING..

I guess Lauren would be the better Idol, but I'm kinda hoping to see the trainwreck of Scotty winning it all.

Taylor Hicks might actually move up to 2nd worst. :hyper:

Every year I vow not to watch the show again. Every year I watch it anyway and see some emerging talent. I then see that talent voted away. I should've REALLY quit when Crystal Bowersox (my all time favourite) lost to that bartender that mutilated "Beautiful Day".

Sadly, the voting system and demographic of the the voters is far from my tastes. I think people should get ONE vote each and, although it's never going to happen, vote for the best performer, NOT the most popular and/or "cutest" contestant.

I'm happy for Lauren being in the final because she is a good singer and a sweetie with a big heart, but Scotty is just a one-trick pony who gets votes from teenage girls who like country. They should have a "Country Idol".

As long as I'm ranting, why do they invite non-singers to rap on a SINGING competition. Oh, and what's with that 4 minutes of noise that was the new Beyonce video? What a waste of talent and money.

Okay, I'm done. :wave:

Every year I vow not to watch the show again. Every year I watch it anyway and see some emerging talent. I then see that talent voted away. I should've REALLY quit when Crystal Bowersox (my all time favourite) lost to that bartender that mutilated "Beautiful Day".

Sadly, the voting system and demographic of the the voters is far from my tastes. I think people should get ONE vote each and, although it's never going to happen, vote for the best performer, NOT the most popular and/or "cutest" contestant.

I'm happy for Lauren being in the final because she is a good singer and a sweetie with a big heart, but Scotty is just a one-trick pony who gets votes from teenage girls who like country. They should have a "Country Idol".

As long as I'm ranting, why do they invite non-singers to rap on a SINGING competition. Oh, and what's with that 4 minutes of noise that was the new Beyonce video? What a waste of talent and money.

Okay, I'm done. :wave:

I feel the same way as you.. I was glad to see Lauren get in the finals.. I just don't get Scotty.. ugh.. I also agree that that everyone should get one vote only especially if you are voting online where it doesn't cost anything. What a crazy concept, lets vote fairly? not..

He will probably win this whole thing.. and after a few months fade into obsecurity.. One can only hope.. :D

Back
Top Bottom