American Idol - Season 10: New judges. Same amount of awesome.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The contestants had to sing songs from their birth year, which we think is an attempt to make everyone over the age of 25 feel old as sh*t.

Uh, yeah, this. Sheesh. Damn whippersnappers :wink:.

I look at those stills and I just keep thinking back to "The Soup" showing a clip from Casey's performance last week, only to have Joel stand there afterward glaring at the picture of Casey and yelling, "FINISH THE KURT COBAIN IMPRESSION!" Cruel, yes, but I laughed nonetheless. He did look frightening last week, and that performance was, um...eesh.

Not a lot of oomph thus far in the group, no. Right now the most entertaining part is Steven and Jennifer, and if you're trying to be the next idol, that's not a good sign.

Angela

Yeah, they're all good, but so far the song selection/arrangements have been meh. I still think this group can sing circles around last year's group.

I'm hoping we will get some better song choices tonight. I mostly want to see Pia do something not diva-like and Paul behind a piano or with a guitar.

So,

Casey got the least amount of votes but the judges decided to save him. And that's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned. He's easily one of the most interesting contestants this season. Glad they saved him.

Yah!

I thought I was recording it last night, but it turns out I had DVR fail. I only actually saw Pia, who really impressed me in the rehearsal footage, but I got all confused by the song on the show. What a weird song. Or a weird edit of a song. Something felt weird about it. And I love me some Stevie.

Who else thought Casey was really freaking out about being saved by the judges? I've never seen someone that emotional, other than weeping, on the Idol stage. I'm glad he was saved because he's got personality and performance, but I don't think his voice has the range and tone to end up in the finale.

God, these judges are way too nice.

I swear, Simon would be ripping into practically every one of these kids for being either too corny, awkward, old fashioned, whatever. Because most of them are.

Haley is a total cutie, and I really like her, but her performance wasn't nearly as good as the judges would have you believe. It was actually a bit of a mess.

S. Tyler just laps up every single performance no matter what. Now, I'm totally cool with somebody being positive, and looking for the good in things, but I don't know. I feel like he takes it to an extreme. Has the guy made a single critical statement all season? Paula was always known as Miss Positive, but even she would call out a contestant from time to time.

Thanks!

Some weeks I feel the urge to watch, and others I don't. But I'm still peripherally paying attention.

That sounds about right, although it's so weird how many of the girls go before the guys. Damn those teen girls voting.

Naima out?? Her rendition of I'm Still Standing is about the most refreshing thing I've heard on AI in a very long time. Figures it'd be too much for this stupid generation.

I know he's everyone favorite croaker, but there's no way in hell Paul's "Rocket Man" was better than her, no way.

I have not seen Jacob sing a complete song; I have only seen the recap clips of him at the end of the show.

What the hell is wrong with that guy? Is he okay? What's with the histrionics? Every time I see a clip of him singing, I just want him to stop.

:shocked:

Pia went home. Never saw that coming! And the judges were quite upset and angry at the voters. Like they said, you need to vote for your favorites. It makes me wonder if the internet voting might be a serious issue. Only two girls left and 6 guys... :hmm:

The best vocals usually don't win on Idol anymore. Carrie Underwood was the last winner who really had some good chops imo. Hicks was embarrassing, Sparks was good but pretty cookie cutter, David Cook was damn overrated as hell, Kris Allen is a joke, and I'd rather forget Lee DooDoowyze.

Wow, reading off those names makes me remember how pointless winning this show really is sometimes. Even if someone like Pia were to remain in the competition, she would likey have been beaten by someone like mr. babylockthemdoors. And in the incredibly rare chance she could have actually WON the entire thing, she probably would have faded into obscurity anyway. Honestly I think most of AI's audience probably watches more for the season as a whole than who ultimately wins. People just like the drama and the performances and the variety of it all.

Back
Top Bottom