American Idol - Season 10: New judges. Same amount of awesome.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:doh:

this ashley chick

Haha, she's very...hyper.

Her voice wasn't god-awful...she could do without screaming everything, but if she got a bit of training and toned things down a bit, she could be all right. I admit, I'd have had a bit of a hard time saying no to someone who was crying like that, too. I can't really blame Jennifer.

This Victoria girl's voice, when she talks, reminds me of Miley Cyrus a bit. Good voice, though, wow.

Angela

I forgot S10 started tonight until half an hour ago. :doh:

I think Steven Tyler is a cool addition to the judges - just because I like Aerosmith. :lol:

Wow, this Japanese guy surprised me. So quiet and incoherent, now he's singing so well!

This Victoria girl's voice, when she talks, reminds me of Miley Cyrus a bit.

Thought the exact same thing.

She's been my favorite so far.

I haven't even been able to watch the whole thing, because my TV has been on the fritz, and Fox has been going in and out of sound and there's been annoying static occasionally. Every other channel works fine. I'll be able to watch the whole thing online tomorrow, though, so it's all good.

And speaking of Miley...we get an extended Party In The USA montage!

Overplayed, but still one of the 10 best pop songs of this century, for certain.

This new judges panel rules.

I like Steven Tyler more than I did yesterday. He is sincere and warm when delivering a compliment. And like someone said earlier, he's goofy. In a good way.

Thought the exact same thing.

She's been my favorite so far.

Yeah, she's quite good. Though this girl I just saw, the one who sang "Endless Love"-holy crap, she was amazing, too. I wouldn't mind listening to that voice a few more times. That was lovely.

I'm glad they brought her dad in so he could hear them say yes to her :). That's really sweet.

(Can I just say, too, the story about the people who managed to escape their war-torn home to come to the States was touching?)

I haven't even been able to watch the whole thing, because my TV has been on the fritz, and Fox has been going in and out of sound and there's been annoying static occasionally. Every other channel works fine. I'll be able to watch the whole thing online tomorrow, though, so it's all good.

Ugh, that sucks :(. I hate it when TV channels do that.

Thank goodness for the internet, huh?

And speaking of Miley...we get an extended Party In The USA montage!

Overplayed, but still one of the 10 best pop songs of this century, for certain.

I'm not crazy about the song, myself, but eh, to each their own :).

Angela

Okay, I want this guy to go through :yes:. I liked his take on "Eleanor Rigby" (favorite Beatles song, tied with "Penny Lane"). He deserves to.

YAY!

(ETA: Okay, gotta confess, I got a bit misty watching that last kid with his family :). Also, I want Jennifer's shirt she was wearing at the end. Pretty)

Angela

I am only 25 minutes into it here
and J Lo is a big softie, she is cute too.

This panel is real nice to everyone, so far.

I liked it-and them. If the ratings are bad they'll probably have to get "mean" like Simon. Steven surprised me-except for bringing out the lech for 18 or 20 year olds.

ew.com

Well, it’s not like anybody expected them to go up.

The season premiere of the pivotal 10th season of Fox’s American Idol fell in the ratings compared to last year.

Idol drew 26.1 million viewers, down 13 percent. Among the key adult demo, the show earned a 9.7 preliminary adults 18-49 rating, down 18 percent from 2010′s opener. The largest declines were among younger viewers, with teen viewership down 28 percent.

The 18-49 drop represents the lowest-rated premiere for Idol since its 2002 summer debut, and the biggest drop ever for the show between seasons.

Either way, the figures are below Fox’s panic line. Falling is fine, goes the mantra, as long as it’s not too big of a plunge — say, more than 20 percent.

This morning, Fox insiders say they’re relieved, noting reviews have been positive, fans seem to have embraced the new judges and the show went head-to-head with ABC’s Modern Family and doubled its rating — all despite losing Cowell.

The biggest test will come on Idol‘s new night, Thursday, when the reality series will face steeper competition and audiences should give the network a greater sense of whether they’re digging the new judges panel. More analysis and ratings after the jump…

But in one good sign from last night, the rating grew throughout last night’s two-hour telecast.

In another: EW’s recap says Steven Tyler was “a marvel.” CBS agrees he’s the “early fan favorite.” New judges, same tune says Chicago Tribune.

Idol utterly crushed Paula Abdul’s struggling CBS series Live to Dance (5.3 million, 1.0). But ABC’s Modern Family (11.1 million, 4.6) held up fine under the Idol pressure (here’s a clip of that walking-in-on-the-parents-having-sex scene). The second episode of ABC’s Off the Map (7.8 million, 2.1) slipped a bit from its lackluster premiere despite airing twice last week. The return of NBC’s Chase (4.3 million, 1.0) tanked. CBS tried out Blue Bloods (12.2 million, 2.0) at 10 p.m. and the show improved 17% on its Friday average.

idol-ratings-chart_5101.jpg

Honestly, my opinion of Jennifer Lopez has changed.
The last contestant has an amazing voice. I will be surprised if she doesn't go far in this competition.

That was incredibly cool of her to come back and visit that girl and her baby :cute: :up:. Really, really nice. That girl was good, and I'm glad she got through. There was also that guy who sang Otis Redding, he was quite impressive, too.

Isn't there a member on this board that auditioned somewhere on the west coast for this season? *goes to IO to find thread*

Oooh, really? If so, that's cool and I look forward to seeing that on TV, possibly :).

Angela

Halfway through night 2 here and I can't believe it doesn't suck. Steven Tyler is entertaining, JLo is sweet and well I don't notice Randy much which is good.

The true test of course will be the talent this year. Last year was so very bad, with the exception of Crystal.

That was incredibly cool of her to come back and visit that girl and her baby :cute: :up:. Really, really nice. That girl was good, and I'm glad she got through. There was also that guy who sang Otis Redding, he was quite impressive, too.

Oooh, really? If so, that's cool and I look forward to seeing that on TV, possibly :).

Angela

I could not locate the thread, which means it was probably for last season! :doh:

or

this may be the real J Lo,
any public perception, that she was a diva? not nice person may have been wrong.

All of the judges have taken nice pills, which is my preference. Except that they are putting a lot of mediocre singers through. Let's hope they get blown out on the first cut in Vegas.

Halfway through night 2 here and I can't believe it doesn't suck. Steven Tyler is entertaining, JLo is sweet and well I don't notice Randy much which is good.

The true test of course will be the talent this year. Last year was so very bad, with the exception of Crystal.

:up:
I agree with you 100%!!! Love the new judging panel particularly Steven! He is quite hilarious!

And you are right...Crystal was the best last year!

The largest declines were among younger viewers, with teen viewership down 28 percent.

So less teenie-bopper girls are watching the show so far this season? Good! Maybe this year we can have an interesting winner and not another Kris, Archie, or Lee Dweywzye.

Back
Top Bottom