American Idol - Season 10: New judges. Same amount of awesome. - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2011, 12:28 AM   #106
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:01 PM
I can't believe that Scotty kid got put into the top 24. What a one-trick pony.

I've only heard a little of Jacob in a few episodes, but from that I'm not feeling what he's laying down. A bit over the top for me.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #107
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Jacob toned it down a bit this week. Didn't get all the way to church, just half-way down the street.

I agree about Scotty, but again, he showed a smidge more range this week. I preferred the John Wayne guy, but that might just be because he sang Landslide. I love me some Fleetwood Mac.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:01 PM
I'm waaaaaay behind on this show. This is easily the least I've ever watched a season of American Idol. Haven't seen an episode in 3 or 4 weeks.

I will watch tomorrow to check out the Top 12 girls. Any hotties?
Old 03-02-2011, 04:59 AM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
It's certainly one of their less cracking seasons overall, yeah...

I'm sure there's probably a girl or two in the list tomorrow night you'll like . I'd need to recall the names again (that's another thing, I'm having trouble remembering a lot of these people's names-when I mentioned the ones in my last post, it was because I saw the names on the bottom of the screen as I was typing . When I see them sing, then I remember them better, but it's taking me a long time to match the names to the faces). I know there's a dark-haired girl who's...15, I believe, who I've found to be really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Jacob toned it down a bit this week. Didn't get all the way to church, just half-way down the street.
Haha, nice way of putting it. Yeah, there's a few people in here that are a bit...showy, to put it mildly.

And then there were some that were just out and out bad. My sister and I watched the show back later 'cause she'd been out this evening and I recorded it for her, and maaaaaaaaaaaaaan, that "OMG" performance... Worst one of the night. No question. We were both cringing and my sister was like, "STOOOOOOOOOOP...".

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
I agree about Scotty, but again, he showed a smidge more range this week. I preferred the John Wayne guy, but that might just be because he sang Landslide. I love me some Fleetwood Mac.
"Landslide" is lovely. Fleetwood Mac had some great songs, definitely .

I'm still amazed that that voice is coming out of Scotty at the age of 15. And if he were to just stick to country music, he'd have a nice career, he's got the old throwback country sound (which I tend to like on occasion).

But yes, how he'll fare when he has to really step out of his range, that remains to be seen. He's definitely got a limited appeal.

In other news, I'm betting Steven's liberal use of swear words will be a bit of a topic tomorrow. I think that's the most swearing I've ever heard within one episode of this show, and lord knows we hear quite a bit of it when people are storming out after being rejected.

Angela
Old 03-03-2011, 01:36 AM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:01 PM
1) If there is a God, Durbin will not be coming back next week I can only take so much 2nd-rate Lambert singing.

2) Did the last girl tonight really warrant a standing ovation from all 3 judges?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:18 AM   #111
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlhere View Post
1) If there is a God, Durbin will not be coming back next week I can only take so much 2nd-rate Lambert singing.

2) Did the last girl tonight really warrant a standing ovation from all 3 judges?
1, you would get on well with my mom on that statement.
2, you would get on well with my sister . She was wondering the same thing. The girl was good, yes, and if she gets into the top 12, I won't mind-she can sing. But a bit of overkill praise, perhaps. And her constant hand gestures were distracting.

Honestly, if anyone deserved such an ovation tonight, it'd be Thia. She's the girl I alluded to last night who I said I liked-so far she is my favorite of all the people, male and female, combined. I've yet to NOT be impressed by her. The song itself was all right, but she sang it wonderfully, particularly the first half, when there was no music, just her.

I also really liked Lauren Turner's performance. Love the way she sang her song. And the girl who sang some of "Hero" in Spanish was nice, too, even if it did come across a wee bit "Miss America" pageant-y.

And I kinda liked the girl who sang "Criminal", personally, her take on the song was interesting. She was certainly better than the first girl who sang the Rhianna song, whom Jennifer and Steven were fawning all over.

Also, speaking of Steven, my sister and I were having a great time laughing at and giving running commentary on his ramblings or weird facial expressions and whatnot. We were sitting there like this sometimes after some of his comments: ?

Angela
Old 03-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #112
Blue Crack Distributor

I haven't watched them all yet, but I really liked Lauren Turner and Karen Rodriguez, although I'd agree with the Pageant comment.

Rachel singing Criminal was really, really awful. I hated the arrangement, she didn't sound good, and she looked ridiculously uncomfortable attempting to slink around the stage.

Naima was pretty good, although her version of the song was a little too upbeat for me. That ending note was spectacular, though.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #113
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 06:01 PM
I'm gonna be all Steven Tyler, lustful leering and all.

Ms Ashthon Jones...ohh Ms Jones...... You are heaven. Please just proceed to the final round. If you fail you will break my heart. I know what you're talkin about...love all over you...yeah! /awkwardgushingmoment

Ms Rodriguez. Hero? HERO? For the love of god never again should we have to sit thru someone's rendition of it. Not only was it uninspiring, you sang it the same way I've heard a bajillion Mariah Carey sound-alikes sing it Karaoke bars...till the last 10 seconds anyways, and by that time I had tuned you out. I know you're not going to get voted off just yet, so you better come wicked next time.

Thia (Randy voice): A lil pitchy, dawg. We'll give you another shot though.

Naima you are a rock goddess if you don't already know it. You're going all the way.

Im sorry Lauren (both of you), that was enough. Enough to get you voted off.

Buh-bye Pia and Rachel, see you on Broadway. Or Vegas. But not on the radio.

Haley you do absolutely nothing for me.

Ta-Tynisa - I don't even know what to say. I know you can sing. You're also a pretty hot number. But you're going to have to lose the cheese to move forward. Way too showtunish, and please just hit the notes and hold them and don't push any higher, it doesn't become you.

Note to all contestants: Can this please PLEASE be the end of the sultry jazz lounge act Broadway showtunish numbers? Tanks.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #114
Blue Crack Distributor

I can't remember the name of the girl a few years ago who got voted out after singing "Feelin' Good," and during her farewell sing-out, she changed the lyrics.

"WHY DIDN'T I REMEMBER THAT AMERICA HATES JAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZ!"

It was awesome.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #115
Ghost of Love

I don't hate jazz, far from it. It just doesn't fit the format of the show imo. Jazz is for a REAL talent show.

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you

Old 03-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

Julie Zorrilla is stunning. She looks like Freida Pinto. Unfortunately, though, she probably doesn't sing any better than Freida Pinto. She had the worst performance last night.

I looooove "I'll Stand By You" and Pia is pretty cute, and sang the thing well, but it definitely was not deserving of the big words Randy gave it. One of the best Idol performances ever? Uhhhhh, no.

Yeah, a lot of the song choices seemed to be very strange, very old-timey lounge act stuff. Simon would have been ripping into these girls for not being "current" enough. At least the one girl picked Rihanna, although she didn't sing it very well.

Ashthon is also very cute, and could be very successful. What a ridiculous name, and spelling of that name, though.

Haley...I can't tell yet what I think of Haley. She's either totally my favorite, or...I don't know. I'll get back to you guys on that one.

One of the Laurens sucks. The other Lauren, the country one, has talent. As one of the judges said, that genre/style of singing seems to come very naturally to her. And we all know that a girl singing country always has a chance to do very well on this show.

Naimi can sing. No doubt.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #117
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I don't hate jazz, far from it. It just doesn't fit the format of the show imo. Jazz is for a REAL talent show.
Yes, well, what she meant was "Americans watching and voting for American Idol hate jazz," which is a correct statement.

I am also baffled by the love Pia got. It was just okay. (It doesn't help that I hate that song.)
Old 03-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #118
Ghost of Love

The love was unwarranted. You are not alone.

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you

Old 03-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #119
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:01 PM
Who's that girl... Karen Rodriguez, is it? She sounds just like a recording artist. She is AWESOME!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #120
Blue Crack Distributor

I can't believe that Scotty kid is in the top 13.