American Idol - Season 10: New judges. Same amount of awesome.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shrug: I guess I am one of the few that was not fully impressed by Pia's singing/performances. I personally found them boring. I am sure she will be fine. She is a beautiful woman and has the look to make it in Hollywood. I wonder if the judges were kicking themselves in the ass for using their save on what's his name.

I think the wrong demographic does most of the voting for this show. If you had to be over 18 to vote, I bet the outcomes of this show would make much more sense. I've about had it with that show - the voters just don't have any taste in music.

:down:

:shrug: I guess I am one of the few that was not fully impressed by Pia's singing/performances. I personally found them boring. I am sure she will be fine. She is a beautiful woman and has the look to make it in Hollywood. I wonder if the judges were kicking themselves in the ass for using their save on what's his name.

not a big fan of her either.. too many ballads IMO.. kinda reminds me of celine dion whom i can't stand musically..

Sounds like tons of older women/kids' moms vote on the show as well, so you can't just blame the teen girls.

I laugh to see the outrage every time this happens. What, are you people new? It happens every stinking year on this show. Like you need to win to go on to have a career.

Pia was gorgeous, and a great singer, but kind of dull. She shouldn't have gone, but they were right to use the save for Casey instead.

The best vocals usually don't win on Idol anymore. Carrie Underwood was the last winner who really had some good chops imo. Hicks was embarrassing, Sparks was good but pretty cookie cutter, David Cook was damn overrated as hell, Kris Allen is a joke, and I'd rather forget Lee DooDoowyze.

I couldn't disagree more on Jordin Sparks, I think her voice is one of the more unique from AI, she can shift into overdrive and grab you..one of the most talented to come out of the show, save Carrie Underwood of course (but then again I never knew she was an AI contestant and I'm not a huge fan of country lol). Aside from Underwood and Sparks, who else has done as well for themselves post-Idol, also?

FWIW, I don't think Pia has one of the best voices, I expected her to go.

Kelly Clarkson has has had a huge career.

Carrie and Kelly are the two winners with the most successful careers. (I'd include Daughtry in there as a huge success, but he didn't win.)

Jordin Sparks is lovely, but she's nowhere near as successful as those other two.

I didn't watch this week, but just read that Pia got the boot.

That's sum bullshit. Oh well.

Go Haley.

I don't love Haley, but I'd rather see her stick around than Lauren, who's just another bland, pretty country singer to me. Meh.

We'll see if the voters keep up the trend of Women and Children Women first.

I think Stefano's from the Seattle area, but I ain't cheering for him.

We also got saddled with Sanjaya. :yuck:

But we also got Blake Lewis, who I honestly think is kind of awesome. :up:

She's awesome because she's got killer pipes, has some great singles and solid albums, went out on a limb to release the album she wanted to release (it bombed, but good for her for pushing for what she wanted), and she seems like an all-around sweet gal.

If you don't like her music, you don't like her music and I'm not going to post Since You've Been Gone to try and convince you that you suddenly like her. :wink:

Aside from Underwood and Sparks, who else has done as well for themselves post-Idol, also?

I'm not a big fan of hers, but in answering this question I think you absolutely have to mention Jennifer Hudson. Girl won a fucking Academy Award.

Youtube me one song to convince me, and I'll eagerly retract. :wink:

She's awesome because she's got killer pipes, has some great singles and solid albums, went out on a limb to release the album she wanted to release (it bombed, but good for her for pushing for what she wanted), and she seems like an all-around sweet gal.

If you don't like her music, you don't like her music and I'm not going to post Since You've Been Gone to try and convince you that you suddenly like her. :wink:

Oh, I'll bite. :wink:

Two of my favorite performances of hers:

Up to the Mountain

Already Gone

I think a good amount of former Idols have decent music careers, while not selling millions of records, they do enough to make a living.

Pia was gorgeous, and a great singer, but kind of dull. She shouldn't have gone, but they were right to use the save for Casey instead.

:up:

I never found Pia to be that exciting of a singer. Ballad week after week... I am still trying to figure out how anyone could have gotten excited with her perfomance of "I'll Stand by You." It did nothing for me.

Casey, on the other hand, is quite an interesting artist. I look forward each week to see what twist he puts into a song.

I was hoping Paul would go home. I guess his "charming smile" is melting the hearts of the American women...:angry:

I must say I was surprised but not outraged Pia left. Yes, she had a great voice but she bored me to tears. I just don't like her style of music.

At this point, I see the final being Scotty and Lauren. :crack: Personally, my favorites are Casey, Paul and (surprisingly) Haley.

I do think Idol has an issue with keeping women on the show. Even last year with the weakest male talent they couldn't get a female win. Crystal was robbed, absolutely robbed. The year prior, Allison who I adored only made top 4.

Oh and Kelly rocks. Here's a cover of ISHFWILF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBGlZIdA1go

"We sort of figured since there were more females watching this show the votes were going to be more for the guys," Megia, 16, the youngest contestant in "Idol" history, said during a conference call with reporters.

And while she made a point to give props to the "incredible" guy singers left on the show, Megia admitted that the ladies of "Idol" had discussed the potential pitfalls of the large female voting bloc and were a bit worried about how that might impact their stay in the leaky "Idol" mansion.

"[We were] a bit intimidated by all the girls watching the show and knowing that their votes are going to be going for guys," said Megia, who was done in on Thursday night's elimination show by her tepid rendition of Elton John's "Daniel," which she dedicated to her older brother.

I said that awhile ago, now even the contestants are saying it.
the young girl voters are skewing the results.

sanjaya-malakar-crying-girl-16.jpg

Well, it seems to be more of a recent trend. Who was the last female who won? Was it Jordin? That was a while ago.

:up:

I never found Pia to be that exciting of a singer. Ballad week after week... I am still trying to figure out how anyone could have gotten excited with her perfomance of "I'll Stand by You." It did nothing for me.

Casey, on the other hand, is quite an interesting artist. I look forward each week to see what twist he puts into a song.

I was hoping Paul would go home. I guess his "charming smile" is melting the hearts of the American women...:angry:

Agree. Paul's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I'm not a big fan of hers, but in answering this question I think you absolutely have to mention Jennifer Hudson. Girl won a fucking Academy Award.

Exactly! Gvox I thought you said you loved her voice. A women who was on AI a few weeks ago was Fantacia. When I first saw her some years ago I thought she was mostly shouting but I was much more impressed with her this time round because she was actually singing! She reminded me a little bit like Macy Gray.

Back
Top Bottom