American Idol - Season 10: New judges. Same amount of awesome. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:27 PM
Okay, I want this guy to go through . I liked his take on "Eleanor Rigby" (favorite Beatles song, tied with "Penny Lane"). He deserves to.

YAY!

(ETA: Okay, gotta confess, I got a bit misty watching that last kid with his family . Also, I want Jennifer's shirt she was wearing at the end. Pretty)

Angela

Old 01-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:27 AM
I am only 25 minutes into it here
and J Lo is a big softie, she is cute too.

This panel is real nice to everyone, so far.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:27 PM
I liked it-and them. If the ratings are bad they'll probably have to get "mean" like Simon. Steven surprised me-except for bringing out the lech for 18 or 20 year olds.

ew.com

Well, it’s not like anybody expected them to go up.

The season premiere of the pivotal 10th season of Fox’s American Idol fell in the ratings compared to last year.

Idol drew 26.1 million viewers, down 13 percent. Among the key adult demo, the show earned a 9.7 preliminary adults 18-49 rating, down 18 percent from 2010′s opener. The largest declines were among younger viewers, with teen viewership down 28 percent.

The 18-49 drop represents the lowest-rated premiere for Idol since its 2002 summer debut, and the biggest drop ever for the show between seasons.

Either way, the figures are below Fox’s panic line. Falling is fine, goes the mantra, as long as it’s not too big of a plunge — say, more than 20 percent.

This morning, Fox insiders say they’re relieved, noting reviews have been positive, fans seem to have embraced the new judges and the show went head-to-head with ABC’s Modern Family and doubled its rating — all despite losing Cowell.

The biggest test will come on Idol‘s new night, Thursday, when the reality series will face steeper competition and audiences should give the network a greater sense of whether they’re digging the new judges panel. More analysis and ratings after the jump…

But in one good sign from last night, the rating grew throughout last night’s two-hour telecast.

In another: EW’s recap says Steven Tyler was “a marvel.” CBS agrees he’s the “early fan favorite.” New judges, same tune says Chicago Tribune.

Idol utterly crushed Paula Abdul’s struggling CBS series Live to Dance (5.3 million, 1.0). But ABC’s Modern Family (11.1 million, 4.6) held up fine under the Idol pressure (here’s a clip of that walking-in-on-the-parents-having-sex scene). The second episode of ABC’s Off the Map (7.8 million, 2.1) slipped a bit from its lackluster premiere despite airing twice last week. The return of NBC’s Chase (4.3 million, 1.0) tanked. CBS tried out Blue Bloods (12.2 million, 2.0) at 10 p.m. and the show improved 17% on its Friday average.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:27 PM
its time!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Honestly, my opinion of Jennifer Lopez has changed.
The last contestant has an amazing voice. I will be surprised if she doesn't go far in this competition.

Isn't there a member on this board that auditioned somewhere on the west coast for this season? *goes to IO to find thread*
Old 01-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post
Honestly, my opinion of Jennifer Lopez has changed.
The last contestant has an amazing voice. I will be surprised if she doesn't go far in this competition.
That was incredibly cool of her to come back and visit that girl and her baby . Really, really nice. That girl was good, and I'm glad she got through. There was also that guy who sang Otis Redding, he was quite impressive, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post
Isn't there a member on this board that auditioned somewhere on the west coast for this season? *goes to IO to find thread*
Oooh, really? If so, that's cool and I look forward to seeing that on TV, possibly .

Angela
Old 01-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Halfway through night 2 here and I can't believe it doesn't suck. Steven Tyler is entertaining, JLo is sweet and well I don't notice Randy much which is good.

The true test of course will be the talent this year. Last year was so very bad, with the exception of Crystal.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
That was incredibly cool of her to come back and visit that girl and her baby . Really, really nice. That girl was good, and I'm glad she got through. There was also that guy who sang Otis Redding, he was quite impressive, too.

Oooh, really? If so, that's cool and I look forward to seeing that on TV, possibly .

Angela
I could not locate the thread, which means it was probably for last season!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

I think J Lo is using AI to change her public image. I do like that side of her, it's nice to see. And she is more beautiful than ever.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

or

this may be the real J Lo,
any public perception, that she was a diva? not nice person may have been wrong.

All of the judges have taken nice pills, which is my preference. Except that they are putting a lot of mediocre singers through. Let's hope they get blown out on the first cut in Vegas.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #56
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Halfway through night 2 here and I can't believe it doesn't suck. Steven Tyler is entertaining, JLo is sweet and well I don't notice Randy much which is good.

The true test of course will be the talent this year. Last year was so very bad, with the exception of Crystal.

I agree with you 100%!!! Love the new judging panel particularly Steven! He is quite hilarious!

And you are right...Crystal was the best last year!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I like Idol. Miss the judges, but the new ones are interesting. Hope it's WAAAAAAAY better than last year- the most boring thing ever!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:27 AM
Quote:
The largest declines were among younger viewers, with teen viewership down 28 percent.
So less teenie-bopper girls are watching the show so far this season? Good! Maybe this year we can have an interesting winner and not another Kris, Archie, or Lee Dweywzye.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlhere View Post
Maybe this year we can have an interesting winner and not another Kris, Archie, or Lee Dweywzye.
Archie didn't win.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Archie didn't win.
I wish he had.