American Idol - Season 10: New judges. Same amount of awesome.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My two favorites are in the finals, I am happy. :)

:up: Totally agree with you. I am not a big country music fan myself but I like what I have heard over the weeks. Haley would have had a far better chance if she had a better sense of what kind of artist she was back in the beginning of the contest. If she had stuck with a bluesy, rock style from the get go, she could have took this whole thing. I wish she had given an acoustic performance of "You Oughtta Know"...she would have won my vote hands down. I was not too thrilled with her performance on Wednesday with that song.

As far as the voting system, I totally agree. One vote per person. That is fair and square. We may have had different results over the years...

I love how no one posted in the actual Idol thread last night - everyone was too busy in the other 18 threads. :lol:

Holy fucking shit, Simon officially picked Cheryl for the U.S. X Factor panel.

Chezza is comin to America. Wow.

Bad news, GAF.

'X-Factor' Judge Cheryl Cole REPLACED by Ex-Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger | TMZ.com

It's supposedly because her accent will be too much for us Americans to handle or something.

And seriously, who keeps trying to make Nicole Scherzinger happen? How long has she been trying to launch a solo career now?

(Full disclosure: I heard her latest album, and there are loads of good songs on it. But it's only available as an import. Case in point! Maybe being on X Factor will mean it'll get a US release.)

But I'm bummed. I wanted some Cheryl Mania. :(

Yeah, I heard about that last night and was pretty devastated for a while after the news broke. Shit sucks. I went through all the stages. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression. Now, I'm feeling better about it, and am on to acceptance. I'm looking at the potential bright side of this getting us closer to a full-on Girls Aloud reunion.

But yeah, still really shitty. If they fired her, I think it's a big mistake, as I'm pretty sure she could have been very popular over here. And if it was Simon's call specifically, that's very surprising considering everything has pointed towards them being close and having a good working relationship. They had great chemistry together in the episodes of the UK X Factor that I saw.

There's other rumors besides the accent thing (which is just ridiculous, her accent is awesome and totally endearing). Rumors that the dynamic between her and Paula wasn't working. Also a rumor that it's because she just decided she didn't want to do it. Felt homesick, etc. Who knows. It'll be interesting when and if the real story comes out.

The girl has had many ups and downs in her career and personal life before, and has always bounced back. So, I'm sure she'll be fine. But, yeah, I was hugely looking forward to this, and am bummed. It would have been so surreal to see her on American TV.

Yeah. For a while I thought it was just going to be Simon, Cheryl, and LA Reid. I was happy with that. Then, at the last minute he brought back Paula, and I already felt a little bit less excited about the whole thing. Cheryl's role on the UK X Factor was as the sweet, sensitive, nurturing, "nice" one. So throwing Paula in there kind of seemed odd.

Maybe that had something to do with Cheryl leaving? They didn't want two "nice" judges? I don't fucking know. Yeah, I'm not too happy with Paula and Nicole Scherzinger or whatever her name is right now.

It's weird, I was totally prepared to be all about this show and watch every night and follow it like crazy. Now, I might not even watch a single episode.

I'll definitely give it a shot, but I'm not holding my breath that I'll love it. Mainly, I'm looking forward to seeing Simon again.

I thought I'd like The Voice, too, but I gave up after 2 or 3 episodes. I might just be burned out on any shows involving singing.

I hear ya. I watched Idol waaaay less this year than I have any of the other 9 seasons. And that Scotty dude winning? Wow. That's just unfortunate.

I heard people saying "hey, it's the next Taylor Hicks," but jeez, you don't even need to go back that far to find such a failure.

Lee Dewyze just won last year, and he wasn't anything but a blip on the radar.

Lee glancing at the camera, looking awkward and uncomfortable behind Ryan as he introduced one of the performances made me cringe hard. They didn't even bring him up once :lol:

Back
Top Bottom