American Horror Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
Ryan Murphy
Taissa Farmiga
Dylan McDermott's bare ass
Coach Taylor's wife from Friday Night Lights
Haunted house
Creepy stuff
That scary creature with claws in the basement
Let's go

Dude.

zomg.

Dude.

Just watched the premiere. Wow, that was good. And creepy. Good 'n creepy.

BUT.

I also was over-the-moon in love with the Glee premiere, and hated it by the end of the first season. So I have some reservations. Watch yourself, Ryan Murphy.

(Additional Ryan Murphy info: I have not seen Nip/Tuck and thought Popular was fun, if wildly uneven.)

Also, I don't know that I'll be able to remember Connie Britton's character's name, so I'll just keep thinking of her as Tami Taylor, wrongfully parted from her true partner, Coach Taylor. (Best TV couple ever. EVER.)

Although she doesn't say "y'all" here, so I'm sure I'll get over this problem.

Didn't realize this was by the Nip/Tuck guy (Glee neither for that matter, but I'll never touch that). Nip/Tuck is brilliantly compulsively watchable for its first two seasons and much of the third. Will check this out.

Damn, that was just as fucked up as the first episode, if not more so.

I'm wondering if the plan is to have every episode of the show open with a flashback and an extended sequence showing a murder that had happened at the house. Two for two so far. It would be interesting, and would remind a lot of how every episode of Six Feet Under opened with someone dying. And any similarities to SFU are a good thing (we already have one here with the awesome Frances Conroy as the older version of the maid). I don't know. If the show lasts for a while, they might not be able to do that because, really, how many people could be murdered at that one house without it being demolished by the government or something?

Home invasions have always scared me, so all that stuff kind of got to me a bit. And I definitely was like WTF? when our heroes Viv and Violet, in the second episode, were already facing a crazy life or death situation that would require a miracle to get out of. Didn't expect anything like that.

And I was thinking "Now they have to move out of this house for sure, right?" I mean, how could they possibly stay there after that? But that would kind of wreck the premise of the show? Ahhhh, questions.

Ryan Murphy, you bastard! You always get me to write long-winded posts about your shows. Anybody that's been in the Glee thread I think can attest to that.

GirlsAloudFan said:
And I was thinking "Now they have to move out of this house for sure, right?" I mean, how could they possibly stay there after that? But that would kind of wreck the premise of the show? Ahhhh, questions.

I felt pretty exactly the same as you regarding everything you said, including the bit about home invasions (and excluding the bit about SFU, as I've never seen that show), but I especially agree with what you're saying here. I'm sure they'll find a write around, but nothing would convince me to stay in that house.

I don't really get that impression at all, since
the father leaves the house and travels to Boston. Nothing like that occurs in The Others, does it? I thought they never left the house.

Does anyone know how many episodes they have scheduled? I was asking a coworker today if she'd seen it, and she thought she'd heard there were only 4 episodes, or that it was a short season? I haven't heard anything about that, but I'd barely heard anything about the show before it started.

bg-home.jpg

there are 5 with titles (air dates) and this list has 13 ?

"American Horror Story" (2011) - Episode list

It's pretty over-the-top and it's teetering on the point of ridiculousness, but I think that's part of why it's working for me. It's just kind of balls-out crazy and is just going for it.

It's pretty over-the-top and it's teetering on the point of ridiculousness, but I think that's part of why it's working for me. It's just kind of balls-out crazy and is just going for it.

Yeah, I'm hooked.
Boo for using Bram Stoker's Dracula music.
But, yeah for being bananas crazy and dysfunctional. :up::up::up:

Holy crap. I just watched the pilot. Instahooked. Like I need any more shows to watch.

Is that the guy from Heroes/Star Trek? Didn't he just come out? I didn't read the article and now I'm wondering if the question came about because of the episode or if this is a huge coincidence in timing lol.

Gah, Fox and DirecTV, I know you have some shit going on right now, but could you keep a fucking ticker about it out of my show? Really taking me out of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom