American Horror Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was a mess, but Lange almost made me cry for reals.

Also, WAAAAY too happy of an ending with those last couple of episodes for this to be a "horror" story, but I was fairly content with how things wrapped themselves up.

Last season was the opposite of the first for me: the first started out as soapy try-hard crap before stumbling onto a really weird and interesting plot. Season 2 started off better but ran out of road halfway though. I mildly enjoyed the rest but it wasn't particularly frightening, ever.

This season already looks awesome though. Violet's back! And Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates are guaranteed to nail it.

Loved Season 1, didn't watch Season 2, but I'm probably gonna jump back on board with this new season. New Orleans, witches, Taissa. Sounds good.

but it wasn't particularly frightening, ever.

The only real scare I got was right up front - just the sheer idea of being locked up in a truly scary place like that when you don't belong there and there's no one you can turn to for help.

As crazypants and wtf as the show can get, I'm looking forward to the new season.

The Santa Claus episode was legitimately scary, but I think that was the only one that gave me any frights.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. They throw so many mini-plots into the show, it's hard to remember them all!

So the only person I know IRL has this, Dexter and True Blood as his three favourite shows.

Is this better than those other two or should I finally get around to Six Feet Under?

So the only person I know IRL has this, Dexter and True Blood as his three favourite shows.

Is this better than those other two or should I finally get around to Six Feet Under?

I've never watched the other two, but for one episode of True Blood. I can kinda see how one person would list those three has favorites. That being said, I don't think this show is like those two at all in style or content really.

The first season is a really great haunted house story straight through, with a few random side plots, but everything mostly gets wrapped up through its run.

The second season is more of a "Let's take every horror movie cliche, throw it at at the wall, and see what sticks". On paper, that sounds like garbage, I know, but it actually was a crazy fun ride.

This third season is going to be a crazy-ass Hogwarts, apparently. I'm excited.
SO excited for this next season and the cast! :hyper:

When I saw the trailer that had Lange and Bates (and whoever that third person is) taking off those masks, I about lost it, soooooo excited. Plus, Violet!

I have to admit, I am a true fan. I liked season one a lot. I tried season 2, but quit, I felt there was too much going on. But then I did a binge watch and throughly enjoyed it. I'm glad that 6' 7"' pig farmer won the emmy.

I'm not sure her power is...useful, but I'm sure they'll show it as much as possible.

Now that I have more of an idea about what's going to happen this season, I'm more intrigued. Looks like it'll be fun. I'm in for round 3.

I thought that was a very good opener, much better than the confused mess that last season's was.

I enjoyed it, although I wish the rape scene had been a little more subtle.

Ha ha ha, like Ryan Murphy knows what that word means!

Back
Top Bottom