American Horror Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...aaaand now we have a homicidal Santa Claus.

Seems like a waste of Ian McShane if you ask me. The last couple of episodes have been kind of meh.

I don't know, this was my favorite episode so far. The Homicidal Santa was one of the scariest characters I've ever seen. Right up there with Bob from Twin Peaks. The only thing I would complain about is he could have been a season's worth of character and he got wasted in one ep :(.

I love this season. Officially. I really like season 1, but this is batshit on a whole new level.

Man does that Taint/Kit have some amazing spermies...we've seen him get laid 3 times over 2 seasons and he's batting 1.000, 3 impregnations....plus Dr. Spock Skinner is 1 for 1 now (obviously he wasn't knocking up his lover last season).

Kind of disappointed that Dr. Arden's last word was "Aaaaaahhhhh" as he went into the crematorium (assuming he is and stays dead which is doubtful on this show), his last utterance as the flames hit him should have been "Whhhooooorrrre!!!!"

So only 2 more episodes left...they've wrapped too many things up too neatly recently, hope there's some decent twist coming up.

The last two episodes have been awesome! The tittie sucking was a little weird, though. I can't believe this season will be over so soon.

Anyone else pick up on the name of the place where Kit and Lana had coffee being the "Bolyston Cafe"?
Pretty sure they meant it to be "Boylston Cafe"...nice work.

The show has already aired, so beware of spoilers:

Hewson, did you predict that Dylan McDermott would turn out to be Lana's son? I didn't see that one coming.

If all goes well, it will be Bono singing Dominique. I'll download that as well.

I was enjoying this season more than season 1 up until about 2 episodes ago. Now nothing makes sense at all and things just happen.

omg I'm so excited I cant take it. This show is all kinds of crazy I can barely keep track of everything going on.

Keeping track? I gave up trying to make sense an episode or two ago, LOL. Luckily Maddy was here to help clarify a few things. I think the last episode was the only one we have been able to watch together.

Eh, not sure about how I feel about the ending to the season. They wrapped up a lot of stuff far too conveniently, and never fully explained a bunch of things like the aliens, exactly what Farmer Hogg's experiments were, left the whole possession thing with Sister Mary Eunich and that little girl just completely unresolved...meh.

Lana was being interviewed in present day for a Kennedy Centers Honor and the reporter asked her about who drew a doodled portrait of her she had framed on the wall amongst a bunch of pictures and awards, she said "Bono drew it", something along the lines of on a plane ride back from Somalia (I think) and he was a bit tipsy at the time.

This show is a combination of messy and ridiculous, but there's some really great stuff mixed in there to keep you interested. The alien storyline kind of got the short stick at the end, but I did like where it ended up with Lana's and Sister Jude's stories.

The 'narrative screw' didn't work. It served no real purpose, in my view.
And in the end, it was sort of like 'kitchen sink' plotting. Random and disjointed.

It wasn't bad, for sure. But it sure seemed desperate to be a 'classic'. It just felt like it was contriving so heavily to capture the cultural 'zeitgeist'. That turns me off more than anything else. Random bits of faux 'shock' and all of that. That shit is too easy. You get no creative credit just for simply doing it. Seemed like (an attempt at) cutting edge TV for people that have missed recent TV that was actually cutting edge.

All that said, it had its moments. And I hope they try for straight-forward mystery and great storytelling with weirdness sprinkled around the edges for the next season.

I'm glad I stuck around to watch this season. The first season, I was blown away by the first few episodes, and then it rapidly spiraled down into complete ridiculous nonsense, and me hate-watching it through the end.

Going in again with greatly lowered expectations helped a good deal.

The other thing that helped was Jessica Lange, who was seriously awesome.

Lana was being interviewed in present day for a Kennedy Centers Honor and the reporter asked her about who drew a doodled portrait of her she had framed on the wall amongst a bunch of pictures and awards, she said "Bono drew it", something along the lines of on a plane ride back from Somalia (I think) and he was a bit tipsy at the time.

yep... kinda lame.. thought maybe we would get a guest appearance..

Jessica Lange and Lily Rabe confirmed for next season. I'm excited to see whats in store for season 3.

Back
Top Bottom