American Horror Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wasn't all that into it for most of it, but by the end I just felt so unsettled, I knew I was hooked ... at least for now.

It's kind of a mess, but so is everything Ryan Murphy touches. At least it looks great and has Jessica Lange. And aliens.

Movies I have seen ripped off so far in the first few episodes of Asylum:

1) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
2) Apt Pupil
3) The Exorcist
And it's funny, that's just making me love the show more. Adding the demon aspect and the multiple serial killers is quite fun.

It's worse than a mess, Irv. It's complete hackery, really.
I gave it another chance after having seen some of last season.
It is just so desperate and eager to be edgy, it's actually embarrassing.

A shame because Jessica Lange is just stellar in that role.

I find the performances to be pretty good regardless of how disjointed the story lines have been through 2 episodes. I have faith thye'll tie things together as the season progresses.

Jessica Lange is great, Stretch Cunningham as the whore hating, whore loving doctor is quite good, Evan Peters going from villain in season 1 to hero role in season 2, and all the supporting cast doing a good job.

Movies I have seen ripped off so far in the first few episodes of Asylum:

1) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
2) Apt Pupil
3) The Exorcist
And it's funny, that's just making me love the show more. Adding the demon aspect and the multiple serial killers is quite fun.

:yes: And Girl Interrupted.

But I like it. Creepy.

I probably overreacted. It's not terrible it's just...annoyingly desperate to be 'on the edge'. Does that make sense?

Otherwise, I suppose it's fine. And I agree Cromwell is good too. And I am all for potential HLA and Chloe Sevigny always plays a good whore...and I am always down for aliens...and I like horror...and...well, you get the idea. I should just enjoy it.

And truth be told, I thought the first season had the same issues and ended watching about half of it - meaning, I got the gist of it. I think.

The only times I thought last season was a bit pathetic and contrived occurred when I didn't care about the characters in the first few episodes. Once I got into the storyline, I didn't get worked up over the sad attempts to be edgy (and they were there, believe me, I just didn't care to point them out).

James Cromwell reading for the part:

Director: "OK James, when you're ready, give it a go."

James Stretch Cunningham Farmer Hoggett Cromwell: "Whore"

Director: "You nailed it! You're our guy."

Lol drunk Jessica Lange :love:

I like this season but I really miss last season. I kinda wish they would have gone ahead with the new family moving in thing.

I dug this week's episode.

Jessica Lange is fairly amazing.

And I was thrilled to hear the Faure Requiem playing in the background of various themes. One of my favorite choral pieces.

I prefer this season.

I think we forget, but the first few eps of season 1 were bonkers -- just throwing radon crazy shit at the wall, hoping something sticks, everything pitched and cut like it was the climax of the episode.

This season, I feel like something resembling an actual plot is unfolding.

Back
Top Bottom