American Horror Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coven was by far the most fun I've had watching this show. An absolute trainwreck from a narrative perspective, but you know, AHS isn't high art. It's just entertainment. So many hilarious moments and fun characters. I still think it's fucking stupid that Kyle killed Madison when she was able to use him like a puppet 5 minutes beforehand though. Such a terrible ending for her character. But I was mostly able to tune out massive logical inconsistencies like that and enjoy the madness.

Time to watch Freak Show.

Just finished season three:
Yes, when they were hugging at the end I was expecting Fiona to do something. They definitely wrapped the season up with a bow. I'm not surprised who turned out to be the Supreme. The music video in the beginning was a cool way to start the episode. I was kicking it like it was 1987. :wink:
I was surprised she didn't do something as well.

I kinda wondered for a while what was stopping Cordellia from being the Supreme. Glad it ended up being the case.

Seven Wonders is one of my favorite Mac songs, so I was digging the hell out of that, even though it was super obviously lip synced. Stevie don't hit the high notes no more.

Also, anyone surprised by the way she sang Rhiannon, or the fact that she's in decent shape, has clearly not seen her live recently.

I liked the finale. I had no idea Fiona didnt really die. That was a nice twist. I think they did wrap it up nicely. Only like 9 more months till the next one. :sad:
Danny Huston's credit at the beginning of the episode kinda spoiled it for me that she wasn't dead. That, and the convenient moment when they stopped showing the flashback at the point where we would have seen her die.

Well, Freak Show is off to a good start. I'm excited.

Thinking about it a little more: Jessica Lange's character on Coven was one of the worst written things I've ever seen on television. In the very end, they made her this heartless bitch who was playing everyone. But, if that were the case, then she's apparently the world's greatest actor, her character, because, otherwise, why was she crying in so many different scenes when there was no one else around to see her cry? I'm not saying she was perfect, or not a bad person, but damn, she clearly was more than the two-dimensional thing we ended up with in the end.

Shit, between Life on Mars and that terribly depressing final scene with Lange, the writers are really going for the feels this season.

I'm mildly disappointed that the tone is super sirius like Asylum instead of campy and fun like Coven, but that was a very enjoyable premiere. Crazy clown guy was legitimately creepy too.

It's Pepper, and I think it's the same character, too, which means our first moment of continuity between the seasons ?

I wonder what those clowns thought of Vulgar the Clown? That must have been a hoot.

Speaking of hoots, that Dandy guy is awesome.

Really enjoying this so far.

Based on the previous seasons, however, I'm waiting to see when it goes completely off the rails.

Really enjoying this so far.

Based on the previous seasons, however, I'm waiting to see when it goes completely off the rails.

If every other season is the same, then I anticipate the Twisty/Dandy storyline gets wrapped up in about two episodes, and the rest of the series is a touching tale of freakshow performers finding a way to meld with society.

Back
Top Bottom