American comedy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a theory, feel free to correct me if you think that I am wrong but:

There are people who love Friends, love Seinfeld, or dislike both. Very rarely is there anyone who likes both at the same time. Your thoughts?

For those who loved Seinfeld, did you all like Dryfres (whatever her name was) show New Adventures of christine or something? It was pretty sucky.

Seinfeld and Friends were godly....Chandler Bing and George Costanza, can never get enough of those characters.

Life On A Stick, AUSA and Grounded For Life were quite cool too...

I think I'm the only person in the world who thinks 30 Rock is complete and utterly lame bollocks.

I don't think it's very funny either....

I downloaded a torrent of Arrested Devlopment pilot last night, will watch it soon, see if it's what it's crackedup to be.

Bosom Buddies
Herman's Head.

I liked certain bits of Seinfeld but also hated it, cos if George Costanza had been a real person he would have been a 45 year old virgin living with his parents, noone that painful would ever get ANY sex in real life.

I liked bits of Friends, but hated it also, cos Ross, ditto.

I have a theory, feel free to correct me if you think that I am wrong but:

There are people who love Friends, love Seinfeld, or dislike both. Very rarely is there anyone who likes both at the same time. Your thoughts?

I like both. Although Friends got progressively worse until the last two seasons were a chore to watch. I never felt that way about Seinfeld, but I don't think I've seen every episode either. Not like you can blame me, I was around 4 years old when it premiered. :wink:
I was never the type to watch Blossom or Party of Five, so Seinfeld was definitely one of my favorite shows in middle school, which alienated me a tad. Oh well. WHO'S THE SUCKER NOW?

I liked both Friends and Seinfeld. I agree with Tiger Edge that Friends got pretty bad towards the end, and I must say that while I like Seinfeld, I don't think it's as godly and as untouchable as a lot of other people do.

That makes two of us. I love Baldwin though.

Yep, he's just a good actor I think, plays characters well. Can't watch him on 30 Rock cause the script is lame.

Baldwin played Phoebe's over-entusiastic about everything boyfriend exceptionally well......on Friends that is....

What's the link to the British thread? I haven't been in this particular part of the forum for a bit.

To be honest I'm not as keen as American comedy as I am British style comedy. I thought things like Friends, Fraiser and Will & Grace were ok but they never really made me laugh like Fawlty Towers or One Foot In The Grave would. Apart from Third Rock From The Sun :D. I loved Third Rock. It's probably one of my favourite comedies ever. I even bought a book and a video on the series. John Lithgrow was brilliant in it I thought.

I like both. Although Friends got progressively worse until the last two seasons were a chore to watch. I never felt that way about Seinfeld, but I don't think I've seen every episode either. Not like you can blame me, I was around 4 years old when it premiered. :wink:
I was never the type to watch Blossom or Party of Five, so Seinfeld was definitely one of my favorite shows in middle school, which alienated me a tad. Oh well. WHO'S THE SUCKER NOW?

That's cool. Seinfeld just got incredibly goofy after Larry David left... lost its edge a bit, but there are a surprising amount of memorable episodes in the last two seasons. It definitely ended at its peak, if not, then close to it.

I WAS IN THE POOL!

That's cool. Seinfeld just got incredibly goofy after Larry David left... lost its edge a bit, but there are a surprising amount of memorable episodes in the last two seasons. It definitely ended at its peak, if not, then close to it.

I WAS IN THE POOL!

Seinfeld seasons are lost to me. I don't know which episode is from which season because there's no definitive storyline. I think the most storyline they ever had was George and Susan, and for that I love the show. I can tune in to Seinfeld at any given moment and not be lost. :up: All you have to do is give me a line or a small plot hint and I can recall the whole episode though.
The English Patient
Pimp Suit
Marble Rye
Dingo ate yer baby
I stole your jesus fish

and so on and so forth.

Anyway, I think you confused what I said about Friends for Seinfeld. :wink: Friends got worse in the last two seasons. Seinfeld... :shrug:

I remembered watching the finale thinking it was a joke and that they would be back in a year. Hence the "1 year prison sentence."

Back
Top Bottom