All of Marvel Studios 'stories' HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the only avengers movie i've seen are the first two iron man movies. they were fine but not really my cup of tea (i went with an ex who was a huge superhero fan) and so i've had no desire to see the rest of them. i read the synopsis and feel like i'd probably be totally lost if i went to see endgame without the other 20-some other movies worth of context.

i'm glad you liked it though. and i second your opinion on brie larson despite not having seen the film.

It's soooooooo long. And feels long. Makes Return of the King look like a TV commercial.

It's also surprising and funny and ultimately, I think, pretty memorable.

Endgame was what I wanted. What I didn't expect was for just about everyone to step up their acting game the way they did. Huge improvements all around from Infinity War.

I actually liked Infinity War more than Endgame, mostly because it was such an unexpected emotional punch in the face. With Endgame, I knew that they were going to win in the end and that some characters were going to be phased out, so it wasn’t as much of a shock. It was still good, though, and didn’t feel like three hours, although it did feel like I watched two different movies back to back. Now I am ready to move on and see what they do next. I’m looking forward to more Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Spider-Man movies (I really like Tom Holland as Spider-Man).

I will be very happy if it surpasses Avatar globally, which seems extremely likely at this point.

I had a friend who did a pre-Endgame watchthrough of the entire series as well and she challenged her friends to rank them. So I did.

1. Thor Ragnarok
2. Avengers: Infinity War
3. Guardians Of The Galaxy
4. Captain America: Civil War
5. Spider-Man: Homecoming
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
7. Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2
8. Black Panther
9. The Avengers
10. Avengers: Age of Ultron
11. Thor
12. Iron Man
13. Captain Marvel
14. Doctor Strange
15. Ant-Man
16. Captain America: The First Avenger
17. Ant-Man and the Wasp
18. Iron Man 2
19. Thor: The Dark World
20. Iron Man 3
21. The Incredible Hulk

Probably 5-8 could switch order any given day. Also 11-15 could. I’d probably slot Endgame in with the 5-8 section.

Phase 3 is quite easily my favorite.

Will be interesting to see if it catches Force Awakens at the domestic box office.

Looks like that’s not happening. It cleared less than $30 million this weekend, and is lagging considerably behind the pace of TFA, which had earned $781 million after the same number of days to Endgame’s $748 million.

I’m not the biggest fan of TFA, but I’d rather see Star Wars at the top than fucking Marvel, even if they’re both controlled by the same corporate overlords.

I will be very happy if it surpasses Avatar globally, which seems extremely likely at this point.

I won’t.

We may wind up with the rare scenario where the domestic, non-U.S., and worldwide charts all have different all-time #1 titles. TFA, Avatar, and Endgame, respectively.

Back
Top Bottom