Achmed, the Terrorist.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NSW, I should have recognized your stench.

I said it was "pretty funny", and mostly due to the look of the puppet. So don't think I loved that clip or anything. I only got about 3 minutes into it before I got bored.

BTW, what's the object of a Jewish football game?

To get the Quarterback.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I hope I'll always be offended by things, and will therefore go about shouting at the ignorant bastards who do/say the offensive things. Else... how will they ever learn?!

I believe this was the "arrogance" NSW was referring to.

Unless you were being facetious there, of course. You should never underestimate the power of an exclamation point to baffle the hell out of people.

But then I have a Islamic friend who did find this offensive :shrug:
you do realize there will always be at least one person who finds a joke offensive. not saying the one person is easy to offend, but rather we all have different boundaries of likes, dislikes, taste, what's offensive.

even jokes i find offensive, i'd rather be offended than attempt to censor someone.

you do realize there will always be at least one person who finds a joke offensive. not saying the one person is easy to offend, but rather we all have different boundaries of likes, dislikes, taste, what's offensive.

even jokes i find offensive, i'd rather be offended than attempt to censor someone.

You do realise I was making this point because someone said that they had a Muslim friend who didn't find it offensive..?

I think censoring EVERY single offensive joke would be a bit of a bugger to implement, really, and time and money would be better spent elsewhere.

*makes a mental note to never start a thread ever again lest it be hijacked by the sarcasm brigade*

over & out.

... I was also being sarcastic, in reply to your sarcasm. I don't want to become a member thank you. There are other brigades I'd sooner be part of.

You do realise I was making this point because someone said that they had a Muslim friend who didn't find it offensive..\

First, I'm offended you merely refer to me as someone. Here, I've been politely discoursing in your thread, and you can't even remember my name. Ouch.

Also, to be more specific, I referenced numerous people (muslims, arabs, sikh) who weren't offended. The point being not to negate the fact that some people may find it offensive but essentially to highlight what Khan has so eloquently expressed....

People are different, and will find different things cute/offensive/funny/pretty/etc.
Now, if all my friends had also found it offensive, well then I would think there's more to it. You see?

I was offended when someone told me I sounded like an American once.

First, I'm offended you merely refer to me as someone. Here, I've been politely discoursing in your thread, and you can't even remember my name. Ouch.

Also, to be more specific, I referenced numerous people (muslims, arabs, sikh) who weren't offended. The point being not to negate the fact that some people may find it offensive but essentially to highlight what Khan has so eloquently expressed....

I did know it was you, I hadn't forgotten your name - I was merely keeping it vague for the point of the comment. Sorry if you felt offended by my comment, I honestly didn't mean it to come out like that :reject:

I feel like all of my comments are being misconstrued in this thread and I'm totally not saying what I mean. I'm awful at explaining what I think, especially on matters such as these.

I did know it was you, I hadn't forgotten your name - I was merely keeping it vague for the point of the comment. Sorry if you felt offended by my comment, I honestly didn't mean it to come out like that :reject:

I feel like all of my comments are being misconstrued in this thread and I'm totally not saying what I mean. I'm awful at explaining what I think, especially on matters such as these.

Awwww, now I feel bad.

My comment was merely a joke, since everyone's gettin all offended about what is offensive.

Sorry it didn't come across that way :hug:

Awwww, now I feel bad.

My comment was merely a joke, since everyone's gettin all offended about what is offensive.

Your presence here and your comments are far more offensive that anything offensive that's been said in the name of being offensive. Don't get all defensive about it, either.

I was offended when someone told me I sounded like an American once.

As an American I am deeply offended by this. :angry:

pgv, I appreciate the point you're trying to make, but again, different strokes for different folks. You may take great offense at a man using unfair stereotypes in a comedy act. Others may get offended at someone saying they'd abort a kid lest it become a right-winger. :shrug:

Your presence here and your comments are far more offensive that anything offensive that's been said in the name of being offensive. Don't get all defensive about it, either.

Are you offended enough to crawl back into that hole you oozed out of?

If I have displeased you, offended you, or ruined a moment in your life, in any small way, then my day has been a good one. It's the lil things that add spice to life, ya know? Gotta appreciate.

Your presence has been missed....
...the forum has not smelled as foul, nay dare I say offensive, since your departure, but I was sort of used to it, so I missed it when it was gone.

As an American I am deeply offended by this. :angry:

pgv, I appreciate the point you're trying to make, but again, different strokes for different folks. You may take great offense at a man using unfair stereotypes in a comedy act. Others may get offended at someone saying they'd abort a kid lest it become a right-winger. :shrug:

I didn't make that joke :) It was bloody funny though.

Awwww, now I feel bad.

... If you actually were joking, that's VERY embarrassing on my part :lol: Sorry :D

Back
Top Bottom