Achmed, the Terrorist. - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-08-2008, 07:44 PM   #106
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirlvox View Post
*makes a mental note to never start a thread ever again lest it be hijacked by the sarcasm brigade*

over & out.
That's an overreaction.
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #107
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,979
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
That's an overreaction.
I was being sarcastic
__________________

__________________
pgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #108
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 02:57 PM
So was I. You don't become a partner member of the sarcasm brigade by being serious.
__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #109
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,979
Local Time: 02:57 AM
... I was also being sarcastic, in reply to your sarcasm. I don't want to become a member thank you. There are other brigades I'd sooner be part of.
__________________
pgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #110
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirlvox View Post
You do realise I was making this point because someone said that they had a Muslim friend who didn't find it offensive..\
First, I'm offended you merely refer to me as someone. Here, I've been politely discoursing in your thread, and you can't even remember my name. Ouch.


Also, to be more specific, I referenced numerous people (muslims, arabs, sikh) who weren't offended. The point being not to negate the fact that some people may find it offensive but essentially to highlight what Khan has so eloquently expressed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
you do realize there will always be at least one person who finds a joke offensive. not saying the one person is easy to offend, but rather we all have different boundaries of likes, dislikes, taste, what's offensive.

even jokes i find offensive, i'd rather be offended than attempt to censor someone.

People are different, and will find different things cute/offensive/funny/pretty/etc.
Now, if all my friends had also found it offensive, well then I would think there's more to it. You see?


I was offended when someone told me I sounded like an American once.
__________________
~BrightestStar~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #111
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,979
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BrightestStar~ View Post
First, I'm offended you merely refer to me as someone. Here, I've been politely discoursing in your thread, and you can't even remember my name. Ouch.


Also, to be more specific, I referenced numerous people (muslims, arabs, sikh) who weren't offended. The point being not to negate the fact that some people may find it offensive but essentially to highlight what Khan has so eloquently expressed....

I did know it was you, I hadn't forgotten your name - I was merely keeping it vague for the point of the comment. Sorry if you felt offended by my comment, I honestly didn't mean it to come out like that

I feel like all of my comments are being misconstrued in this thread and I'm totally not saying what I mean. I'm awful at explaining what I think, especially on matters such as these.
__________________
pgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:41 PM   #112
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,816
Local Time: 05:57 PM
Offensiveness should learn to be more objective, like me.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #113
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirlvox View Post
I did know it was you, I hadn't forgotten your name - I was merely keeping it vague for the point of the comment. Sorry if you felt offended by my comment, I honestly didn't mean it to come out like that

I feel like all of my comments are being misconstrued in this thread and I'm totally not saying what I mean. I'm awful at explaining what I think, especially on matters such as these.
Awwww, now I feel bad.

My comment was merely a joke, since everyone's gettin all offended about what is offensive.

Sorry it didn't come across that way
__________________
~BrightestStar~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #114
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BrightestStar~ View Post
Awwww, now I feel bad.

My comment was merely a joke, since everyone's gettin all offended about what is offensive.

Sorry it didn't come across that way
Your presence here and your comments are far more offensive that anything offensive that's been said in the name of being offensive. Don't get all defensive about it, either.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #115
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BrightestStar~ View Post
I was offended when someone told me I sounded like an American once.
As an American I am deeply offended by this.

pgv, I appreciate the point you're trying to make, but again, different strokes for different folks. You may take great offense at a man using unfair stereotypes in a comedy act. Others may get offended at someone saying they'd abort a kid lest it become a right-winger.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #116
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Your presence here and your comments are far more offensive that anything offensive that's been said in the name of being offensive. Don't get all defensive about it, either.
Are you offended enough to crawl back into that hole you oozed out of?


If I have displeased you, offended you, or ruined a moment in your life, in any small way, then my day has been a good one. It's the lil things that add spice to life, ya know? Gotta appreciate.


Your presence has been missed....
...the forum has not smelled as foul, nay dare I say offensive, since your departure, but I was sort of used to it, so I missed it when it was gone.
__________________
~BrightestStar~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 09:57 PM
Star Wars sucks.
__________________
Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:49 PM   #118
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 09:57 PM
I'm sure you'll all find this shocking, but I laughed.
__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:26 AM   #119
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 09:57 PM

I find you all highly offensive.....seriously....deodorant? get some.
__________________
~BrightestStar~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:46 AM   #120
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,979
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
As an American I am deeply offended by this.

pgv, I appreciate the point you're trying to make, but again, different strokes for different folks. You may take great offense at a man using unfair stereotypes in a comedy act. Others may get offended at someone saying they'd abort a kid lest it become a right-winger.
I didn't make that joke It was bloody funny though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BrightestStar~ View Post
Awwww, now I feel bad.

My comment was merely a joke, since everyone's gettin all offended about what is offensive.

Sorry it didn't come across that way
... If you actually were joking, that's VERY embarrassing on my part Sorry
__________________

__________________
pgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
achmed the terrorist

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com