ABC's True Beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carek1230

Blue Crack Overdose Get me off the internetz!
Is anyone watching this show? It's on Monday nights on ABC, produced by Ashton Kutcher and Tyra Banks (an odd, unlikely pairing there! :ohmy:) about 10 "beautiful" people competing for $100k and their photo in People Magazine's Most Beautiful People issue.

The show is into it's third week already, but you can watch full episodes on the ABC.com website. Check it out :wink:

I'm rooting for Ray.

I keep missing it! I also can't watch them on the abc.com site due to not being in the US. argggg!! I need to catch up on those 3 eps somehow and YT might be the only option.

That's a bummer you can't access the shows on the website. I hope you find a way to catch them. If I come across any suggestions I will let you know. I am rooting for Ray. I used to work with him and he is NOTHING like he is portrayed on the show. He says the show wrote all the bios on the show's website and that they also throw in certain situations to cause conflict and drama among the contestants. They've finished taping already and I don't know who wins, but Ray says he's on for "at least" a couple more episodes! :applaud:

Thanks! Well I have managed to find torrents for the 3 episodes so far. I'm getting the first one now but it looks like it's going to take quite awhile to download. Didn't find much luck on YT........I shall prevail though!

I saw the previews for this show, and even though I'm burned out on reality tv shows, I might watch this. It looks interesting.

I finally got to watch the first 3 eps and will watch 4 later tonight. Here is my two pennies worth on the evicted so far.

ep 1 - Hallilahlah or whatever her name is - absolutely horrible person who is attractive but her personality and lack of brains ruined it for her. Most deserving in that episode to go.

ep 2 - Ashley was another well deserved departure. She looked the most average to me with the concurring theme of someone that is self-absorbed and shallow. C.J., though lying to people about charity, at least admitted to himself after that he felt terrible about it. He even gave money to the sidewalk charity person after. Good on him. He's also been the only one that seems "normal".

ep 3 - Monique...good luck with the burping and crying thing. Another shallow imp bites the dust. If they would have kicked C.J. off I would have said good riddance to this show as it would have been contradictory to what they've been touting as having inner beauty. He clearly showed on this episode that he was the only person with compassion and care, obvious traits of demonstrating some sort of inner beauty. I don't think he's going to win though, so whatever happens I'm going to be really disappointed. The rest of these people really bother me.

This show is cheap entertainment and hence the reason for watching it in the first place so I'll keep tuning in. I'm going for C.J. all the way and Chelsea second.

This is true. The show is heavily edited, which plenty of reality shows are.

I'm so gutted that C.J. is gone but I knew he'd be toast sooner or later from all that editing he got. I'm going to put my money on Ray winning the whole lot.

With cheap entertainment I meant reality tv. I'm a Survivor maniac but I would still classify it as a cheap thrill. N

Back
Top Bottom