83rd Annual Acadamy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha big retractible claws!

It's funny because you don't expect an Xmen reference during an awards musical number, guys! That's comedy writing!

Was Carlos eligible this year for foreign language film?

Year in, year out, this is one of the categories that truly baffle me.

Woooooow.

The most infamous Oscars continues?

I'm putting my money on Toy Story 3 for best picture at this point.

My condolences to Dogtooth supporters. I'm confused and have no idea what the hell any of these movies are, but that's OK, because I have James Franco in a dress to soothe me.

Was Carlos eligible this year for foreign language film?

Year in, year out, this is one of the categories that truly baffle me.

I'm not sure it was. I'm not even sure which nation it would have represented. Easily the worst category every year though, for being so appallingly political in conceit.

Will Russel Brand stop mentioning that he's married already? He could be divorced before he knows it!

Woah that Danish muppet-esque lady is pretty fucking sexy.

EDIT: She keeps moving her head horizontally left and right like there' sa hand controlling it.

Someone from The Town was nominated over Andrew Garfield? I missed that. I'll stop beating the dead horse now. Go Ruffalo. But Rush has it.

Or not.

And wtf happened to Rush's hair?!
Die Bale beard.

I love how Witherspoon's chin is perfectly sized for optimal grip. You just wanna reach out and grab it.

Lancemc said:
I'm not sure it was. I'm not even sure which nation it would have represented. Easily the worst category every year though, for being so appallingly political in conceit.

Oh yeah. And a very reactionary category, if one can put it this way.

Someone from The Town was nominated over Andrew Garfield? I missed that. I'll stop beating the dead horse now. Go Ruffalo. But Rush has it.

Or not.

And wtf happened to Rush's hair?!
Die Bale beard.

Renner was about 3 times better than Garfield.

But Bale was the best and most deserving to win.

It's a testament to Christian Bale's acting ability that he can so easily hide that fucking horrible native accent as much as he does on screen.

That was so much shorter than the Grammys one, I didn't even get my joke about the Grammys one in.

Personally, I believe Black Swan utilized its score far more smoothly and effectively than any of the nominees. But hey, it's been overlooked everywhere else.

Reznor/Fincher wins all things music this year for Hand Covers Bruise and that credit sequence alone.

Back
Top Bottom