83rd Annual Acadamy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved Michelle Williams-the whole look. She carried it off so well, she looked like a porcelain doll. The hair, the makeup..I just thought it was perfection. I also loved Hailee Steinfeld, a 14 year old girl who helped design her dress and has better style than many of those actresses who are more than twice her age.

Didn't care much for the show-it really dragged and I didn't enjoy Franco/Hathaway. She would have been much better by herself. James in drag was a wtf moment for me. Then again his whole presence was a wtf for me.

OK, just have to say..:drool:

helen-mirren-2011-oscars-03.jpg

83rd+Annual+Academy+Awards+Arrivals+MGQEyv8n5h7l.jpg

James Franco couldn't wait to get out of there.

After the star severely disappointed many fans and critics as co-host of Sunday's Academy Awards, Franco bailed on his own after-party, held at L.A.'s Supper Club.

While a few stars -- Seth Rogen, Kevin Spacey and stars of the CW's 90210 showed up -- Franco, 32, was a no-show, a source confirms to UsMagazine.com.

The Supper Club bash, the insider adds, was a "bust."

Indeed, Franco immediately boarded an NYC-bound plane following the ceremony -- posting pics from his brand-new Twitter account.

"Goodbye L.A.," he scrawled across one pic, in which the 127 Hours actor, still in a tux, sips what appears to be a Bloody Mary. "It was fun! Time to head back to class."

Sniped The Hollywood Reporter of Franco's stint co-hosting alongside Anne Hathaway: "The 83rd Annual Academy Awards will likely be remembered as the night James Franco couldn't act like a host...Anne Hathaway at least tried to sing and dance and preen along to the goings on, but Franco seemed distant, uninterested and content to keep his Cheshire-cat-meets-smug smile on display throughout."

Complaining that Franco and Hathaway suffered from an "absence of chemistry," the New York Times said: "Mr. Franco looked a little distracted and even blase -- not surprisingly for a multiplatform performer-writer who is working on an English doctorate at Yale."

Poor Franco, I'm not sure how he got the nod in the first place. He doesn't need the work.

It was a safe and fairly boring Oscars, so pretty much the normal broadcast of late.

I still feel The Social Network was the best movie of last year (even if I wanted lots more love for Inception), but The King's Speech isn't a bad choice, just very safe and conservative.

Knowing Franco and his jack-of-all-trades-no-matter-how-wtf reputation, he probably took the hosting gig as some sort of performance art thing, being laid back and disinterested on purpose. :lol:

I didn't think much of Halle's dress whenever I saw it last night, but now in that picture I can see that it's really gorgeous.

Thread needs more Jennifer Lawrence ogling/pics.

IMDB tells me she's playing Mystique in the new Xmen movie
#THANKYOUGOD

- The hosts were probably the worst I've ever seen at that show. James Franco looked catatonic and clearly didn't want to be there, while Anne Hathaway at least showed some enthusiasm but still came off as awkward and trying too hard to make the audience love her. I bet most people in the audience were wishing that Billy Crystal would stay and host the rest of the night.

- Mellissa Teo's reaction and speech were so OTT she was embarrassing to watch. Almost as bad as Christian Bale's facial hair.

- I loved Cate Blanchett's dress the most, that woman always makes interesting fashion choices and makes them work.

- Kathryn Bigelow is 60? :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom