83rd Annual Acadamy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMelon said:
Personally, I believe Black Swan utilized music far more smoothly and effectively than any of the nominees. But hey, it's been overlooked everywhere else.

It and Inception both. I just didn't feel like The Social Networks score heightened the film, good as it may have been. The score was integral to both Inception and Black Swan.

It and Inception both. I just didn't feel like The Social Networks score heightened the film, good as it may have been. The score was integral to both Inception and Black Swan.

I don't disagree regarding Black Swan. Fantastic work. (Inception's score just feels obnoxious, but that's just me) However, I think Reznor's score is probably the single most integral facet of TSN along with the cadences of Sorkin's dialogue. But I've overstated my perspective on that film enough times here already. :p

Good to see Inception get a few wins.

It's not as if it has a unique concept or decent writing. I'm amused that one of the most consciously intellectual films of the year appears to be celebrated purely as a popcorn flick.

Lancemc said:
I don't disagree regarding Black Swan. Fantastic work. (Inception's score just feels obnoxious, but that's just me) However, I think Reznor's score is probably the single most integral facet of TSN along with the cadences of Sorkin's dialogue. But I've overstated my perspective on that film enough times here already. :p

I've only seen it once and at the time it didn't stick out for me. Give me a chance to hear the score on its own and then view the film again maybe I'll change my tune.

I've only seen it once and at the time it didn't stick out for me. Give me a chance to hear the score on its own and then view the film again maybe I'll change my tune.

I'm not sure how effective the score is on its own (it's still a good listen), but it doesn't really have to be. Just watch the film again as a purely sensory experience. Glean the ideas and emotions from the cascades of images and music and the rhythms of Sorkin's words. Glorious cinema.

Lancemc said:
I'm not sure how effective the score is on its own (it's still a good listen), but it doesn't really have to be. Just watch the film again as a purely sensory experience. Glean the ideas and emotions from the cascades of images and music and the rhythms of Sorkin's words. Glorious cinema.

I only mentioned listening to it on its own because its a leftover from, my 2010 list. :lol:

Obama, stop making surprise appearances on the Oscars telecast and get back to work on the federal budget.

I still love you.

I hope Brooklyn Decker gets a nomination next year for her outstanding work in the new film,
"Just Go with It."

Brooklyn-Decker-10.jpg

All I see when I watch the film is entitled assholes cycling competently through biopic cliches. Wish I loved it the way you guys do, if only to make tonight more bearable. I understand that it captures the zeitgeist and has very few technical flaws, but I don't get swept away by it, by adventure and intrigue, the same way that I do Black Swan and Inception. Those films excite me about cinema, the latter in particular.

Let's just get back to mocking actors whose illiteracy is exposed by cue cards. I promise not to bitch when Social Network locks up Best Picture.

I didn't think it would win, God of Love, (hope for film students)

I'd like to see this lost Marx brother make a feature.

Back
Top Bottom