30 Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was it just me, or did anyone else say the old lady mutter "what a shit job" after Jenna fired her???? :lol:

Can we say 'shit' on network television now*? What an exciting development!

*as long as it's not in the title, as evidenced by *@!56w46asreoa8wetrf*%#( My Dad Says

what did Liz say at the same time as Matt Damon for their confession? he said touched by a priest and she said ?

Was it just me, or did anyone else say the old lady mutter "what a shit job" after Jenna fired her???? :lol:

*as long as it's not in the title, as evidenced by *@!56w46asreoa8wetrf*%#( My Dad Says

She did say that, but I thought that word was already accepted on network TV?

Also, Jenna as the go-getter producer was excellent, too bad they only had that subplot last a few minutes of 1 episode.

"The writers can no longer take a car service after dark, I ran the numbers, and it's actually cheaper to just replace anyone who's murdered." GOLD :lol:

Imp beat me to pube shirt.

It won't be the last time.

I laughed at what Kenneth's "imagined Tracy" said at the end.

Speaking of Kenneth, I don't remember what happened at the end of last season to get him fired / quit. Can someone please remind me?

Wikipedia to the rescue:

Meanwhile, NBC page Kenneth Parcell (Jack McBrayer) is notified by TGS producer Pete Hornberger (Scott Adsit) that he has received a promotion as "junior-in-charge-boy of the entire NBC page program" but that he will have to move out to Los Angeles, which does not sit well with Kenneth. Kenneth tells Tracy Jordan (Tracy Morgan) about this, but Tracy advises him to do a lousy job so that he loses the promotion. While giving a tour around the 30 Rock building, Kenneth does a terrible job, and as a result of his behavior, Pete is forced to dismiss him.

Totally forgot about it. I'm sure I thought it was funny at the time, but not that memorable, I guess!

I still do like the show quite a bit, but it's not as funny as it was the first two seasons or so.

Also, I have to say it - that joke about Pete's sleeping wife made me really uncomfortable. That was awful.

"The writers can no longer take a car service after dark, I ran the numbers, and it's actually cheaper to just replace anyone who's murdered." GOLD :lol:

:love: :lol:

I thought this was a pretty good way to start the new season :up: I didn't like the first half of season 4 much, and whatever happened to the new cast member? The robot guy has essentially disappeared. But yeah, I hope they get Kenneth back soon.

You can say shit after a certain hour on network television. You wouldn't put it in a show title because you wouldn't be able to advertise for it.

I knew I'd heard "shit" on cable shows, but this was the first time I'd heard it on one of the big networks.

Huh.

Same here. I didn't think you could. I'm just thinking of the big four, NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox. I think the aforementioned "shit" on 30 Rock is the first time I've ever heard that word uncensored on any of those stations.

Think about it. If you could use "shit" on those stations, wouldn't you be hearing it in some of the more progressive (for lack of a better word) comedy shows like SNL or Family Guy, etc? I've never heard "shit" on either of those shows.

I wonder if they can say "asshole," too, because it seems like you can say all kinds of variations of words involving ass, but not "asshole."

I always thought that was weird.

Yeah, I think in terms of what you can say on network TV, shit is worse than bitch.

Shows on network TV use bitch all the time.

Haha, I'm looking up this matter on Wikipedia, and the entry on censored words talks about Bono saying "fucking" at the Golden Globes and Chase Utley saying "fucking" during the televised Phillies World Series celebration thing.

I think peef has been busy editing Wiki pages.

Yeah, I think in terms of what you can say on network TV, shit is worse than bitch.

Shows on network TV use bitch all the time.

Haha, I'm looking up this matter on Wikipedia, and the entry on censored words talks about Bono saying "fucking" at the Golden Globes and Chase Utley saying "fucking" during the televised Phillies World Series celebration thing.

I think peef has been busy editing Wiki pages.
The Phillies parade was on Halloween in 2008. What do you think I did for the Halloween festivities that night?

Wow. Jack's messages to his unborn son are incredible.

And Paul Giamatti?

And Tracy in the Cash Cab?

Looks like 30 Rock is the early favorite to win the September 30th Thursday night comedy block.

Now, I've already administered the epidural. Would you like one as well?

Yeah, both Paul Giamatti and the cash cab scene were amazing.

"She is an orca, which incidentally are not easy to keep in a home aquarium"

Liz's tone of voice while saying: "Oh realo? I meant to say really, I misspoke"

"I don't like to say I told you so, so, welcome to Miami!"

Yeah, both Paul Giamatti and the cash cab scene were amazing.

"She is an orca, which incidentally are not easy to keep in a home aquarium"

Liz's tone of voice while saying: "Oh realo? I meant to say really, I misspoke"

"I don't like to say I told you so, so, welcome to Miami!"

:d

Back
Top Bottom