30 Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Better than The Office.

That's right, I said it.

Discuss this show that is full of awesome and made of superwin.

:hmm:
I think they are such different comedies tho'.
I been watching 30 Rock since the first episode, and at one point I did not think it would last. I was praying that it would find it's style and by the end of the season, it did. IMO.
But if I had to pick one, it would be The Office. sorry Cori. :)
Kenneth's character has not evolved much.

I find Tina's and Alec's "relationship" one of the best in TV right now. I hope they never hook up. That would ruin it.

I'll just insert Trey Parker/Matt Stone's argument against Family Guy in this case.
The Office is better than 30 Rock as South Park is better than Family Guy for much the same reasons.

Let the bloodshed begin.

I'll just insert Trey Parker/Matt Stone's argument against Family Guy in this case.
The Office is better than 30 Rock as South Park is better than Family Guy for much the same reasons. [/B]

While 30 Rock likes to throw in pop culture references, I would strongly, strongly disagree that they use them just for the sake of using them like Family Guy. 30 Rock doesn't rely on them.

But if you just genuinely like The Office more, then fine.

My original post came from someone else's comment in The Office thread, so I know there's at least one other person here who thinks 30 Rock is the better show. ;)

My original post came from someone else's comment in The Office thread, so I know there's at least one other person here who thinks 30 Rock is the better show. ;)

that would be me :wave:
while I really enjoy the Office and Dwight specifically...I truly laugh more during 30 Rock..It is essentially more my kind of humor :wink:

Given that The Office is a watered down clone of another series while 30 Rock has a unique, surreal sensibility that I've never seen before...if we were comparing the shows at their best, say, 30 Rock after Episode 5 to Now and The Office circa Seasons 2-3, it would be a closer match. The Office wins in career value though so I'd list it higher on a ranking of my favorite shows, but if 30 Rock can pull of another season or two at this level, it will easily surpass the other.

I love Steve Martin. I don't care how many in-it-for-the-paycheck movies he does, I still love him.

I love Steve Martin. I don't care how many in-it-for-the-paycheck movies he does, I still love him.

Last night's episode is exactly the reason why I want to see him do more movies like that.

When's the last time he's done an awesome major comedy like that? Bowfinger? That was 9 years ago.

Keep it together, keep it together, keep it together, keep it together!

I must not show it to the Laker Girls!

ok, I gotta admit that 30's episode was better than The Office's. :)

So far, Jennifer Aniston's performance should nominate her for an Emmy as Best guest appearance in a show.

She was fine.

I knew it! She sure was. Maid outfit FTW.

Isn't that what you meant? :wink:

I didn't think Steve Martin was particularly great but the material was.
He's lost some edge, if you've heard him in interviews recently, he's decidedly more serious about life and I don't think can really 'go there' as much as The Jerk did. Still a legend, still deserves props even with his fluffy family movies which I've never seen.

"I miscounted the men!!!!!" as he's tackled on the lawn.
That one got me.

What's funny about this show is Tracy Morgan was (outside of the Brian Fellows and the space dude) useless on SNL and he shines here. Tina Fey is just brilliant, period.

What's funny about this show is Tracy Morgan was (outside of the Brian Fellows and the space dude) useless on SNL and he shines here. Tina Fey is just brilliant, period.

Absolutely.

Rocket... he's taking a rocket. He's packing his suitcase... for the mooooooon.

Anyone know where I can catch the 1st season of 30 Rock? I've heard so much talk about the show.. I wanna try it out before I purchase any seasons. :)

:hmm:
Someone posted a link to a website from the UK that has all the American shows, including past seasons. I had it bookmarked on my previous laptop, but I forgot to make a note of it.
Does anyone know this website?

Back
Top Bottom