30 Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I so :heart: this show! Even though I'm not too fond of Alec Baldwin, he truly is a critical component of this show; his character really brings the :lol:'s

Highlights of last night's episode for me:

Liz' date's daughter revealing to her father that Liz went back for seconds of her cheddar-based stew after he needed to step out for a period of time

Jack's confession: "I may have sodomized our vice president while under the influence of weapons-grade narcotics."

An indignant Jack in church looking up and crying out, "What kind of god would let that happen?"

Jenna's imitation of Michael McDonald

the blind chick feeling Kenneth's face, then feeling hers, then returning to his and suddenly making up an excuse to leave ... Tracy attempting to delude her into believing she's "not all that attractive" and her reply, "No, i'm pretty sure i'm hot", and walking away

Great episode! The priest saying he needed backup - LOL!

rok_311_05.jpg

rok_311_04.jpg

...and I may have sodomized the former Vice President while under the influence of a weapons-grade narcotic.

I watched this for the second or third time last night (Australia, and it gets a dirt 10:30 or 11pm timeslot. We also don't get Entourage or Arrested Development, two shows I hear are good but I've never seen) and it's humourous, but it didn't make me laugh. Boston Legal was on before it, and same thing, it's humourous, but didn't make me laugh.

Prefer the Office

This might have been the funniest episode yet.

Salma was awesome (particularly the "patron saint of judgmental statues" line), the soap-opera twist with the mother/sister, and having a really shallow blind girl.

I may be late in saying this, but "Generalissimo" was probably one of the funniest episodes of ANY show...EVER.

I'm starting to prefer '30 Rock' to 'Office'. That's not necessarily a slam against 'Office', I think '30 Rock' is just that much funnier.

Always Sunny is on FX, right?

I've been told a million times I need to check it out. Maybe one of these days when I actually have time to sit and watch tv I will.

Yep. It usually runs during the summer, but you may be able to check out repeats now. If not, Seasons 1-3 are out on DVD.

i've seen a handful of Always Sunny episodes, and none of them have disappointed. really a great show. don't know if it's funnier than Office or 30 Rock, but it's pretty damn funny. i thought it was just another stupid comedy show, but it was way funnier than i thought it would be.

Always Sunny is amazing. It's a different animal than 30 Rock, though, so I don't want to compare the two or say which is better. I don't think that would be fair. But they're probably the two best comedies on TV right now.

Always Sunny is amazing. It's a different animal than 30 Rock, though, so I don't want to compare the two or say which is better. I don't think that would be fair. But they're probably the two best comedies on TV right now.

Oh certainly. Always Sunny is just more in-touch with my comic sensibilities.

Back
Top Bottom