24 - Day 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CTU is terrible at recruiting.

Half of their agents are moles, the other half are 18 year olds who appear to have never shot a gun before in their life and get killed the first time they go out.

I don't want to watch this show anymore. That episode was so stupid, the whole thing is pretty much ruined. My fiancee loves it (although she never saw a minute of 24 before this season) so I'll probably keep watching, at least next week, in hopes that it picks up again. I'm not optimistic.

You really think it was that much worse than any other episode in the last two seasons or so?

As soon as DanaJennyArabMole didn't agree with Chloe's plan to tap into the trunk line, I had a sense that it was heading that way, otherwise she'd want to try anything to help out her beloved Buffy'sHusband. Really stretching it with that. If they had her in there, why would they need to send the EMP in, just have her shut down the radiation detection systems from inside.
And that Renee Walker has some keen sense of direction...Jack was last seen taking an exit...oh thats all the info she needs to locate him at a random dock on the other side of the East River in 12 minutes time.

To be fair there was a hell of a lot of fucking loud gunfire going on constantly.

True, but I don't think she had time to get from Jack's apartment across the river, let alone find the right area. Plus, did she have transportation? Or did she power walk?

I know we need to suspend disbelief with the show, but sometimes they push the boundaries of insulting the audience's intelligence.

Agreed, at least travel time actually seemed to be taken into account in seasons 1-3, although if she did have a car it's 4AM and she'd certainly be speeding... haha.

OK, the episode was awesome until the Jenny thing... season 1 that's a shocker, not now, and hear I was so happy that they'd avoided that one cliche.

However, Renee Walker, KICK ASS ENTRANCE!!!

:yes:

When I saw that this thread had some many comments since yesterday, I knew something was hope. I'd only hoped it not to be another CTU mole. :| Indeed, in season 1 it was a shocker (and there it wasn't revealed until the next-to-last episode or so), but now...

And Renee Walker! :up:

Ugh. Stupid NBC, and FOX one more Day to give the characters a proper conclusion would have been appreciated, bring on the big screen franchise.

Don't get your hopes up on the film.
Remember how bad the last X-Files movie turned out.

It seems it is very difficult to write a good script these days.

Honestly this series always had the potential to be the best television show of all time, it had action and compelling character drama all rolled into the most exciting conceit ever created, the problem is that they never planned the days all the way through and so the usually the middle of the season is a lot of intolerable filler and they don't trust audiences' intelligence or patience, it has to be immediate action to equal thrill-a-minute, which is just not true, and not how the show started. Days 1-3 however are pretty much the best network series you can imagine, they definitely needed to move out of LA right after that, unfortunately it took them 3 more years to do so. 5, 7 and 8 have a lot of high points, but the unplanned writing hits each of them (and 5 assassinates too many characters). I'm just pissed for what they did to Tony, and now they won't be able to rectify that.

Don't get your hopes up on the film.
Remember how bad the last X-Files movie turned out.

It seems it is very difficult to write a good script these days.

The built in 24 characters, and Billy Ray as screenwriter should help, I'm hoping anyway we're getting closer to the intelligence of Ray's Shattered Glass and Breach.

Day 1 is one of the greatest things I have ever witnessed in a television series, hands down, bar none.

Day 1 was great. I guess it helped that is was a fresh idea and we did not know where any of it was going. Some of the other early seasons were pretty good too.

This season opened ok, with Jack out, and with his daughter. But the Jenny character really seemed to just sink the whole season.

I think without the Russian distraction and with more President Taylor and less Jenny, day 8 would have had the potential to be better than 7, I absolutely loved the first 4 hours.

I hope Taylor carries over into the movies, as do other oldies like Wayne Palmer and Mike Novick.

I'm curious, honest opinion, is season 7 worth it, or would a summery be enough to get going on season 8?

The first 3/4 of Day 7 are among the series best work, the remainder for me fell into the problem I was talking about above.

Back
Top Bottom