24 - Day 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure if it was their finest opener or not, but it was a refreshing change of pace. Not much firework (at least, not as much as in the previous seasons). So yeah, I do hope that there'll be a bit more character development this time.

Though I have to say some stale elements are already popping up. The corrupt/inadequate employee (in this case, Dana seems to be inadequate), the clueless manager and the bad guys being in the same city as the president is. Then again, this is 24. Dammit!

It'll be interesting to see the Renée Walker storyline develop. She seems to be a Jack Bauer on steroids at the moment. I suspect she will have some kind of breakdown later on.
(Come to think of it, that did go awfully fast. She was introduced at the beginning of episode 4. Then gave info to CTU, had a briefing, went back undercover again and saw off a thumb all within 1 hour. Whoa!)

But, I was pleasantly surprised to see that 4 episodes (instead of 1 or 2) have aired already in the first week. Can't wait to see the other 20. :)

Yep, and should we start taking bets now on who will be revealed as a mole within CTU?

I agree with what you said Popmartijn, except I have to point out that the premiere has been a 2 day/4 hour event since 2005, but of course that's on television in the United States.

So I'm the first one to have seen episode 5?
Gee, I deliberately stay away from this thread for three days, until I've finally downloaded the episode and found time to watch it and then this!

Then again, nothing new to report. Dana is still being stupid, one of the crooks is being stupid, anyone who gets to deal with Renee Walker is a dead man (a small change from previous seasons because back then dealing with Jack Bauer meant a death sentence). And Renee is one loose cannon herself.

Yeah the Dana thing so far doesn't interest me and seems irrelevent to the central plot. I'm sure they'll tie it in somehow, but meh.

Its kind of unfortunate that they went in that direction for a subplot, this year shows the newly re-commissioned CTU, its hard to believe any agency would hire someone with her past, let alone one that should be tougher than ever.

They actually got kind of inventive with their chase scene in hour 5, :up:.

Also that scene between Hassan and Taylor? Whoa.

"Listen Buffy's husband, you stay away, they'll know you're here and it'll blow the whole deal"...Buffy's husband shoots 3 bad guys..."what, did you think I'd come alone???" :huh:

It is infuriating me that Dana actually set up a six-figure robbery ten feet from the front door of what should be one of the highest-security agencies in the world.

That is my only beef with this season so far. Hopefully better than the last one, which I stopped watching after the 19th or 20th episode because it got way too ridiculous.

It is infuriating me that Dana actually set up a six-figure robbery ten feet from the front door of what should be one of the highest-security agencies in the world.

Yeah, I mean the dude in the shitbox van can look up CTU's address the day he strolls out of prison, drive right to the front, ring the bell and say "can Jenny, er Dana come out to play?".

Totally ridiculous.

^ I thought so too, I think that whole story line is useless. Never mind the fact that CTU can't be that good, if they did a background check before hiring people wouldn't they have found out she was using an alias???? :huh:

Looking beyond that subplot, there's a whole lot of tension from such a small focus at the moment, I like it, they don't feel the need to go into depth with every character in a single hour, restraint and slow-burn narrative is something latter-Day 24 (like post-2003) has always been missing.

That said I like Prinze Jr.'s character, I think they should use him more, and I want some more old faces popping up. Speaking of old faces, Chloe totally chewed the creep-wad out, that was probably the best part of the episode.

Speaking of old faces, Chloe totally chewed the creep-wad out, that was probably the best part of the episode.

Yeah, that was cool..."what I'm jealous that you don't stare at my ass as I walk away?"...and then of course camera shot of her ass walking away from creep wad's viewpoint.

It's amazing how much the endear her to the audience as she pisses people off coast-to-coast since Day 3.

It's amazing how much the endear her to the audience as she pisses people off coast-to-coast since Day 3.

Yeah, I thought she was pretty annoying in Season 3. But in all the subsequent series she's been excellent. I guess you have to take some time to know her. :)

Back
Top Bottom